Oct 07 2012
By: arrownoir Uncharted Territory 1693 posts

Kratos shouldn't be able to kill the furies

4 replies 813 views Edited Oct 7, 2012

I'm hoping that he fails to kill them....Why? (besides the fact that it's unexpected and fresh)

It would really explain in a more powerful/emotional way why he becomes the way he is

otherwise it won't have as much impact

I love Kratos as much as the next guy, but having him tortured and driven insane by the furies would add a whole new layer of depth to the other previous games and his anger and path of destruction becomes more than justified

Even after all the crap he's done leading to the end events of GOW III, he should still look like the victim

I think if they do that, his "revenge" theme will never ever get old

I want Ascension to be very emotional and psychologically  twisted for Kratos and the player.

I want it to capture that feeling of desolation more than the 1st did.

Otherwise It'll be tongue and cheek Cut & Paste to me (will still love it tough)

"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 1 of 5 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5724 posts

Re: Kratos shouldn't be able to kill the furies

Oct 8, 2012
>fails
He won't. If they are mightier than the deities (like the Fates were built up to be), he should fail hilariously. Especially for lack of a godly weapon or 'Hope' (made up later). They shouldn't be of a higher tier, but GoW is making it so. Even if they were lesser cases, Kratos should still fail with deities and those related to them among immortal things.

>explain the way he is
Just having them give him the visions and having them sit back and wait for him to kill himself then take him to Tartarus would do the trick. That's their thing. They don't need to personally appear and hound him. That's silly.

>tortured
He will be. The visions are all that is needed for this.

>still look like the victim
He's a victim that victimizes. I don't pity him at this point. I know his story and he brought much of it on himself.

>never get old
I'm not interested in the story so much as gameplay at this point. Any perceived perversion of it (like with MP) is an affront that concerns me.

>I want
A good game.
Message 2 of 5 (804 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Oct 18, 2012
only the power of the devs could enable Kratos to kill them lol
Message 3 of 5 (765 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Oct 19, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:
>fails
He won't. If they are mightier than the deities (like the Fates were built up to be), he should fail hilariously. Especially for lack of a godly weapon or 'Hope' (made up later). They shouldn't be of a higher tier, but GoW is making it so. Even if they were lesser cases, Kratos should still fail with deities and those related to them among immortal things.

THIS.   This right here. 

this is what bugged me about GoW 2.  The fates are supposed to be stronger than the gods but yet you have like a 4 minute boss battle and they're dead and/or trapped forever and never brought up again.  The third one wasn't even a problem.

He won't fail, because this is a prequel.

Also, I've lost a lot of hype for this game.  I mean, I love god of war and I"m happy we're getting a new game but the story just seems... odd.  Like it's not actually a part of the story they're just pulling ideas out of the air and mashing them into a game just to get another god of war title out, or to justify working on a MP for their future games. 

I'm sure I'll enjoy it but at the moment I can't help but feel it's very unnecessary. 

Message 4 of 5 (758 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5724 posts

Oct 19, 2012
^^True enough.

^CoO had him pull the early god slaying nonsense and GoWII had us make a mockery of 'stronger than gods' types before dealing with the Olympians (who didn't seem appropriately moved by this feat *nor the traitorous Titans*).

>story
It's just finally getting around to explaining the visions off with the Greek Myth tradition for it (rather than leaving it as a natural occurrence). I'm surprised it took this long and the **bleep** brother arc got coverage first.
Message 5 of 5 (750 Views)
0 Likes