Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Re: I think I figured out why the TOA was so hard.

Mar 27, 2013
>more on blocking
Yet Siren melee guard breaks (sometimes dealing damage with that), Siren shriek ignores block (deals damage and leaves you open with a follow-up of a slow projectile for more damage that is hard to defend against directly *air block*), Gorgon grabs are unblockable, Gorgon stare can't be blocked, etc. This is a rare case where guard is being negated considerably. For NUR and higher, you'll be in a bad place for lack of parry to deal with some of these. Worse still in PAIN+ when all the crutches are taken away.
Message 11 of 13 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Am I too good or is it the patch? Because I had no problem making it on HARD

And I'm not trolling I'm serious O_o

Why you complain about it being too hard?

TRY VANQUISH CHALLENGE 6 !

You don't know the meaning of the word "hard" if you didn't play that

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 12 of 13 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
24 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Lol yeah vanquish challenge 6 is the only reason I don't have the platinum on this one... I gave up to be honest which is rare in my case, when I love a game I want to platinum it unless there is a zillion playthrought needed which I don't have time.

challenge 6 requires absolute prefection and mastery indeed.

but hey, it is not about TOA being hard by itself but how it was hard for the wrong reason.

when I beat it, it felt so wrong that I told myself, how did I struggle even a it to pass this ?

I reflect on it and I can say that it may have been different if I did not replay the GOW saga right before GOWA and start on hard off the bat. making the adjustment to the Mp forced system and dealing with subpar combat setpiece then hitting the TOA.

the game balancing was poor and it seems they did not test other difficulties thoroughly aside form normal maybe.

Message 13 of 13 (56 Views)
0 Likes