Mar 22 2013
By: SpiritCreed Lombax Warrior 168 posts

I think I figured out why the TOA was so hard.

12 replies 429 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

In the other games, the focus was more on attack and move, attack and move, attack and move.  Blocking was used, but mostly in a parry standpoint.  

In this game the focus seems to be more on blcoking, a lot more.  And the new parry system is not the best.  Its harder to time and leaves you vulnerable afterward.  

Since it is a shift in thinking and playing style, people were having a hard time with it.  At lease this is what I thought for long time fans.

Just my two cents.  

Message 1 of 13 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

Re: I think I figured out why the TOA was so hard.

Mar 22, 2013

not me. soon as i hit that first level i was using my amulet and orkos stone.  do a quick combo on medusa that isnt slowed then striaght into my R2 ares spam.  Amulet,Orkos again. red above their head..grapple..fill magic back up, repeat...  ^_^

I didnt even bother to block on this trial. just rolled around.

Message 2 of 13 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Mar 22, 2013
I would like to watch a video of you pass the trials without blocking. That would be an entertaining video to watch.
Message 3 of 13 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

that would be dope. but i have nothing to prove.

*edit nvm i can chapter select lol. forgot this isnt  like the previous gow's

Message 4 of 13 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

it will be phone quality because my wife jus recorded it from her phone. its TOA hard, no blocking. she has to send it to my email if she can then i upload to youtube.

Message 5 of 13 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Message 6 of 13 (319 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Haha, thanks. That was entertaining. I have to admit I did not use the air attacks as you did. I remember trying them out and then for some reason completely forgot about them. They really do a lot of damage and they seem to protect you some from attack.

I did about the same as you on the first round, minus the air attacks, but took me longer. The second round is where I used block a ton. The third not so much. I just let the centaur charge me and then I QTed him to death. Then I used my magic to finish off the rest of the guys.

Awesome job!! You get some kudos.
Message 7 of 13 (302 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

Mar 22, 2013

yea its kinda a gamble to use air attacks because it would suck to get turned to stone. but it works great to avoid those leg sweeps they do. But thanks bro. glad you enjoyed.

Message 8 of 13 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
51 posts

Mar 23, 2013
That was insanely good! I was turtled up pretty much the whole battle. Honestly, I didn't believe you when you said you didn't block at all. Just didn't seem possible Smiley Tongue
Well done, sir.
Message 9 of 13 (231 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Thank you mozzie. Lol i undertstand where you are coming from since TOA is the most difficult part of the game. Really appreciate you watched and thanks for the feedback. hopefully more people here on the forums see what strategy can be used to complete it. mix that in with their blocking and TOA will be cake for them.

Message 10 of 13 (223 Views)
0 Likes