Mar 14 2013
By: phenomenal_x1 First Son 1 posts

God of War Ascension in chapter 21. Anyone else have this?

4 replies 1813 views Edited Mar 14, 2013
In chapter 21, after you kill the Cerberus, 3 dog creatures, and amazon-like woman, you're supposed to heal, or partially heal, a giant chain so you can climb onto it and reach a ledge to continue. Well, my game will not let me heal the chain. I can't highlight it or anything. Even the blue item you use isn't lighting up like it normally does when you're near an object you interact with. I know this has to be done, because there's nowhere else to go. Has this happened to anybody else,or is there some obscure trick I'm missing? I've restarted the chapter several times, and nothing is helping.
Message 1 of 5 (1,813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: God of War Ascension in chapter 21. Anyone else have this?

Mar 17, 2013

I had the Same Problem but Finally Figured out what I was doing wrong. In this case it was not a bug but it still buggy the game. But after the Battle facing foward the right chain needs to be Grappled and  put the Dummy there then Heal the Chain Half Way. The Grapple point is hard to see with the sun and the glow is hard to see.

Message 2 of 5 (1,616 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

I have a different issue. My chain is intangible. I have it in position but Kratos just falls through it. I'm going to have to try wasting EXP on Ice for Findlestick's exploit to IJ to get around it, but there is no guarantee I can get enough height or that the area above will even be loaded properly. This coupled with reload taking away my club and giving me a Javelin.  I'll try chapter select, but this is unacceptable.  *tests*  Cute.  It loaded me at the start...with the f***ing Javelin.  That their idea of a joke?  Start you with a limited WW you didn't have?   At least there was a fight with Club users right away.  Let's see if the glitch occurs again (aside from a curiously untetherable Satyr Grunt).   Nope.  But fixing it all the way then breaking it seemed to work.  Sloppy work.  Lots of similar such failings in this offering.  Inexcusable.

Message 3 of 5 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 6, 2013

I didn't have a problem the first time through the game but did when I went back for the trophy. I will try the suggestion listed in the thread and hopefully it works.

Message 4 of 5 (1,043 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Jun 6, 2013
@GMG - Chapter select does sound like your best bet for your problem there, it's worked for me when I've had similar issues. Many things about this game are unacceptable/inexcusable though, sadly things like this are somewhat low on the priority list IMO.

As for the untetherable Satyr Grunt, was he armored? I encountered this before and figured out you have to break the armor on the ones that have it before they can be tethered. However I've also encountered unarmored Satyr Grunts that still couldn't be tethered, which I've yet to see any reason for aside from a glitch.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 5 of 5 (1,040 Views)
0 Likes