Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Re: God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Confimred

Apr 30, 2012

From what ive seen, it looks interesting in a positive way. Lets wait and see what else they have in store.

ascensionp_21802nphd
Message 11 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Apr 30, 2012

Vic: >beta

Likely enough.  They would be wise to release it along with a means to practice (tutorial) to fans so that we might playtest this particular addition if not the single player too (which ought to have a demo in a half year or so I should hope).

Tekken: >once

Why only that?  And what of the other entires?

Gengsta: Let us hope they're a little more forthcoming than they've been for the last few entries.  If ever there was a time they needed input, it is now.

Message 12 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3841 posts

May 1, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:

Vic: >a lot of people

And yourself?  Devil Hunter made his feelings clear.

Xino: Mind your manners and calm yourself. *glove slap*  Emoticons are unwelcome.

>GOW

Gears?

AID: >only troll

He doesn't intend it, but his actions are as such.

>mixed bag

How do you think I feel?  It is no joke when I say I'm quite committed to the series to the point that my hatred for MP (especially in Action or Horror) won't stop me from having a go with this series.  Despite my attitude towards this, I'm quite loyal and would be willing to help on the matter now that it cannot be simply ignored (though it has already made the SP shorter by their own admission).

>hit for "O" and use it

You don't have to outside boss encounters.  That's just a quick kill option with bonus/alternate orbs in it for you.  Also petrification, traps, non-dizzy/wander state foes, ring-outs, etc. get around this even without skipping fights.

>most just play once

You think I wouldn't agree?  Also, I would call them casuals. But you knew that.

NOTE: Call me "GMG".  It's shorter.

>trophies

Expect some tied to MP.  I'd not be surprised if they had map packs, costume packs, weapon packs, patches galore, etc. aside from an "online pass" to really **** us good.  I suppose it cannot be helped with "modern gaming", eh?

For the moment, you and I are basically on the same side.  Isn't that nice?

GodModeGOD

I gotta say this is the one time where I agree with you.  I was just using the "O" situation as an example of the style of gameplay that is prevalent throughout the series.  For now, we are in agreement.

>
Message 13 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11374 posts

May 1, 2012

Well, now that the multiplayer kiddies are taking over the GoW space, I guess I'll check back in closer to release to see how crappy this game can get.

Message 14 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

May 1, 2012

AID: >same side

Such is the way of war.  Strange things can happen.

Burg: I have similar fears, but I'll be around for every release to comment, speculate, suggest improvements, compliment good ideas, etc.  The usual.  It is just irksome that this feature could have so much focus, money, time, etc. put in (at the expense of SP) when the server will shut down eventually (rendering it and all DLC useless without an offline mode), it is sure to get slow within a month, lag issues *online goes hand and hand with it*, etc. while SP will remain as gimped as ever for the vets who aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  We're essentially left 'footing the bill' for their one day (maybe two if they're going for Plat) with SP and another day or so for MP before still trading it in.

Message 15 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

May 1, 2012

To hell with MP. Even though it looks amazing, I sense that the MP will be a failure for  it will hinder the SP experience (now the devs have to work on both styles. Think of the lead combat designer who now has to focus on two different types of combat). But what really bugs me is the idea of having a total of 8 "Kratoses" (4 vs 4) fighting it all out without looking like a total mess (imagine the constant lag or other online issues). No coordination, no stability, no control. Just chaos. However, I hope I am wrong when I play the game because well, while I hate the idea of MP in GoW, I still love the franchise.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

May 2, 2012

Something that binds us...this disdain for MP in GoW.  Shame it had to come to this to drive us together.

Message 17 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

May 4, 2012

"Shame"? The only shame that exists here, fellow Spartan, is the worthless addition of MP!

Photobucket
Message 18 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

May 4, 2012

True enough.

Message 19 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes