42 replies 1214 views Edited Sep 6, 2012

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/mrmickeal/GofofWar.jpg

Published by: Sony Computer Entertainment

Developed by: SCE Studios Santa Monica

Director: Todd Papy

Release Date: March,12 2013

Player(s): 1

Multiplayer: 2-8

Price: $59.99 (regular) 79.99 (Collectors)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/mrmickeal/510QLRpBsQL.jpg

Table of contents

I.News and Updates

II. Story

III. Articles

IV. Media

V. Links

VI. Credits

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News and Updates

09/04/12  New PAX Panel Video

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story

Six months after he was tricked into killing his wife and child, a younger Kratos finally finds a way to break the blood oath that binds him to the God, Ares. However oaths to Olympus are not so easily broken. After taking matters into his own hands, Kratos is sentenced to a life of madness with the Furies, caged in a titan sized prison for the living damned; Hectonchires. Fighting insanity, Kratos’ will is tested as he seeks to break his bond and gain the clarity to seek revenge on Ares for his part in the death of his family.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Articles

God of War: Ascension is Coming to PS3

Hi everyone! I’m Todd Papy, the game director of the recently announced God of War: Ascension. As most of you were recently made aware, God of War: Ascension will be coming exclusively to PlayStation 3. For those of you who haven’t had a chance to check out what the team at Sony Santa Monica Studios has been working on, I’m excited to present you with our very first trailer. Watch it and let us know what you think in the comments! Read More....

God of War: Ascension takes godslaying online with multiplayer focus

A familiar face appears on the screen, moments before a demo for God of War: Ascension was about to begin at a press event earlier this week. Zoomed in, the angry mug resembles every one's favorite antihero, Kratos. But as the camera pans away, it becomes obvious that this is someone completely different. Read More..

The ins and outs of God of War's "interlinked" art and technology

In a new interview, Sony Santa Monica art director Chris Sutton talks to Gamasutra about how there's no separating the technology and aesthetic of the series -- and how art and tech teams work together. Read More..

E3 2012: God of War: Ascension Unleashes on PS3 Next March

God of War fans, our journey to Ascension begins now! We just showcased the worldwide premiere of our single-player experience for God of War: Ascension on the grandest E3 stage of them all – the PlayStation E3 press conference.Read More...

The Monsters of God of War: Ascension — Polyphemus

As we begin the journey to the launch of God of War: Ascension on March 12, 2013, we want to further explore all aspects of the God of War universe to give you deeper insight into the creation, lore, design, and gameplay that’s being poured into the game. Welcome to our first “Monsters of Ascension” feature. Read More...

The Monsters of God of War: Ascension – The Elephantaur

God of War: Ascension’s Elephantaur is a Minotaur hybrid unlike any ferocious enemy you’ve seen yet in the God of War universe. You could call him an evolution of the Minotaur… or perhaps the beginning? We’ll let our famed concept artist Izzy answer that for you. Let’s roll! Read More...

The Secrets of Brutality: Feeling The Power of Kratos

Power, brute force, heroic strength – this is how you feel each time you wield the Blades of Chaos destroying everything in your path as one of the most feared men of all-time – Kratos. There’s a reason you feel that way…Combat Game Designer, Jason McDonald, recently sat down with Gamasutra to discuss “The Secrets of Brutality: God of War Combat Design”, here’s a few excerpts Kratos demands you read! Read More...

Where Kratos Draws the Line

At a recent Playstation showcase event in New York City, God of War: Ascension Design Manager, David Hewitt, spent some time with IGN to discuss a very important and emotional topic – Where God of War: Ascension Draws The Line on Violence.

The story of God of War: Ascension is about a man, the man you know as Kratos, before he became the God of War. A man whose will is put to the ultimate test 6 months after he is tricked into murdering his wife and daughter by an unjust God, Ares – the God who Kratos swore a blood oath to. This is a man dealing with some serious demons, forced into an emotional insanity, pushed to the edge, propelling himself with every ounce of energy viciously through any enemy or obstacle that stands in his way of exacting revenge. Read More..

Are You Ready for the God of War Multiplayer?

God of War fans, are you ready to become a Champion of the Gods before anyone else? We’re excited to announce we will be launching a Global Multiplayer Beta in the near future, an opportunity for God of War fans world-wide to ensure your voice is heard and have an opportunity to dive into our new multiplayer mode for God of War: Ascension. Our Global Multiplayer Beta will be available exclusively to Playstation Plus subscribers, however, we may also have a few other secret inroads. You’ll need to stay tuned in right here on our official blog for further exclusive details. Read More...

Monsters of Ascension: Satyr Captain

The Satyr Captain in God of War: Ascension continues the evolution of the “Satyr”, an enemy that has been seen in every God of War game since the beginning. This time however, these grunts are getting a “pack master”, a vicious leader, a captain. Our famed concept artist Izzy @cannibalcandy continues his dissection of the Monsters of Ascension. Let’s roll! Read More...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media

Pictures:

GOW-ASP03-468x263.jpg

GOW-ASP02-960x540.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/mrmickeal/gowascen005.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/mrmickeal/gowascen001.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/mrmickeal/gowascen004.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/mrmickeal/7154465517_673e09245e_z.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/mrmickeal/7154465323_5c50989073_z.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/mrmickeal/7154465171_ee093c02ce_z.jpg

Videos:

Links

God of War Ascension: Game Detail Page

God of War Acension: Facebook Page

God of War Multiplayer Debut Interview

Credits

God of War Ascension Official Blog

IGN

Playstation Blog

Playstation.com

Gametrailers

Joystiq

Gamasutra

Photobucket
Message 22 of 43 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1288 posts

Re: God of War®: Ascension Information Thread

Apr 19, 2012

Niceee, thanks QCVic. Getting things started I see. Like good ol times!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 43 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Apr 19, 2012

The narrator is telling us “before he was known as the Ghost of Sparta”, which means that he has not killed her wife and daughter. But the adds posted before the announcement say “nothing will bring them back” and this obviously refers to his family; so how these 2 opposite ideas can be together in the same game??

Also in those adds it says “will vengeance bring redemption ?”  The whole first trilogy was about vengeance, and he succeeded in GOW3 (killing most of the gods) so it is completed, and now he will search redemption for all the things he has done.

Putting all those pieces together, you will notice that it is a sequel;  and after his vengeance (killing all the gods) is completed, he will  search redemption.   ALSO THE KRATOS SHOWN IN THE TRAILER IS "FEAR KRATOS" so.....IT IS A SEQUEL!!!!!

The game will take place after GOW3, and the player (and maybe Kratos too) will most probably realize that, by the end of the game (or earlier) when they show us the new bosses for the new trilogy.

In the game you will be re-experiencing past events in kratos life, and maybe that is because the bosses behind the curtain are playing with his mind…..torturing him by making him to believe that he can safe his family; when he CAN NOT that is why the “nothing will bring them back” quote.

He will notice some wierd things here and there during the game; that will make him realize something is wrong.  Eventually he will wake up, and escape; and his search for redemption will begin by trying making an atonement for the things he has done in the past. Or maybe he is just in some kind of  “limbo” after the events of the 3rd game, and he is remembering all the killing and all the “bad” deeds he has done in his life; waking up trying to redeem himself.

I think SSM is pulling a NaughtyDog here.  One team helmed by Todd is making GOW: Ascension, while a second team  helmed by Stig is making GOW4.   And probably Ready at Dawn is re-making GOW: Betrayal for PSVITA

Message 2 of 43 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6879 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Heavenly_king wrote:

The narrator is telling us “before he was known as the Ghost of Sparta”, which means that he has not killed her wife and daughter. But the adds posted before the announcement say “nothing will bring them back” and this obviously refers to his family; so how these 2 opposite ideas can be together in the same game??

Also in those adds it says “will vengeance bring redemption ?”  The whole first trilogy was about vengeance, and he succeeded in GOW3 (killing most of the gods) so it is completed, and now he will search redemption for all the things he has done.

Putting all those pieces together, you will notice that it is a sequel;  and after his vengeance (killing all the gods) is completed, he will  search redemption.   ALSO THE KRATOS SHOWN IN THE TRAILER IS "FEAR KRATOS" so.....IT IS A SEQUEL!!!!!

The game will take place after GOW3, and the player (and maybe Kratos too) will most probably realize that, by the end of the game (or earlier) when they show us the new bosses for the new trilogy.

In the game you will be re-experiencing past events in kratos life, and maybe that is because the bosses behind the curtain are playing with his mind…..torturing him by making him to believe that he can safe his family; when he CAN NOT that is why the “nothing will bring them back” quote.

He will notice some wierd things here and there during the game; that will make him realize something is wrong.  Eventually he will wake up, and escape; and his search for redemption will begin by trying making an atonement for the things he has done in the past. Or maybe he is just in some kind of  “limbo” after the events of the 3rd game, and he is remembering all the killing and all the “bad” deeds he has done in his life; waking up trying to redeem himself.

I think SSM is pulling a NaughtyDog here.  One team helmed by Todd is making GOW: Ascension, while a second team  helmed by Stig is making GOW4.   And probably Ready at Dawn is re-making GOW: Betrayal for PSVITA

The latest ad says "Before He was a God. He was a man" which is a huge indication that this is a prequel. The video it's self speaks of the past ( "A time" being frequently used). The upcoming facebook chat should answer things

Photobucket
Message 3 of 43 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4138 posts

Apr 19, 2012

So this might be the story of how he became the General of the Spartan Army right before the fight with the Barbarians? It could show why Ares was interested in Kratos that Fateful day when Ares granted him the Blades of Chaos? I mean think about this why does Kratos call upon the God of War(Ares) and why not Athena? Just something to think about until we get more news on the game!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 4 of 43 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1288 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Well I guess the reason why Kratos calls Ares instead of Athena is because of his background as a Spartan. Besides, Sparta worshipped Ares while Athens worshipped Athena so it makes sense Kratos asks Ares for help. But there might be something deeper into that though... Another question could be why Ares helped Kratos.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 43 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Apr 20, 2012

StrenghtPower wrote:

Well I guess the reason why Kratos calls Ares instead of Athena is because of his background as a Spartan. Besides, Sparta worshipped Ares while Athens worshipped Athena so it makes sense Kratos asks Ares for help. But there might be something deeper into that though... Another question could be why Ares helped Kratos.

Photobucket

Kratos offered his life and service to Ares if he gave him power to defeat his enemies. Kratos was about to be killed by the barbarians before he called Ares.

Message 6 of 43 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5576 posts

Apr 20, 2012

No coverage for combat speculation and the like?  Oh you.

Message 7 of 43 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3015 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Trailer looks very interesting. I enjoyed 1 and 2 more than I did 3 so I hope they tone some gore down a bit and spend that time working on the awesome background music

Message 8 of 43 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1288 posts

Apr 20, 2012

bronxz32 wrote:

StrenghtPower wrote:

Photobucket

Kratos offered his life and service to Ares if he gave him power to defeat his enemies. Kratos was about to be killed by the barbarians before he called Ares.

Yeah you are right, thanks! mystery solved haha!

Photobucket
Message 9 of 43 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes