Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 06 2012
By: FreshRevenge Fender Bender 4253 posts

God of War Ascension Collectors Edition and Preorder Bonuses?

22 replies 5046 views Edited Jun 6, 2012

God of War is a favorite franchise of mine and like many of the other games, I have been able to  preorder the games. Now with GOW Ascension, at the moment they just have the original version of the game but I am sure within time they will introduce an Ultimate Edition.

So if you plan on preordering the game, do you plan on getting the regular version or the Ultimate Edition.

Also what things will you like to see in the Ultimate Edition?

I want a God of War figure of Kratos. A Poster that I can hang on my wall. Just a couple of ideas to start off! What would you think would be good preorder bonuses?

I saw this cover on the net and thought it was cool looking!

New Update: Holy God of War Spartans, E3 was Epic as always with Kratos tearing up the screen again! Yet check this out! I was reading the new blog about the God of War Ultimate Edition and it looks like we will be receiving a Kratos figure. I am super stoked since if you have read my post in this thread on some ideas and it looks like again I am getting what I want! I am greedy

Check it out! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/04/e3-2012-god-of-war-ascension-unleashes-on-ps3-next-march/

46770-god-of-war-ascension.pnghttp//blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/04/e3-2012-god-of-war-ascension-unleashes-on-ps3-next-march/

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 17 of 23 (5,046 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5959 posts

Re: God of War Ascension Collectors Edition and Preorder Bonuses?

May 31, 2012

Wow the black casing is really slick! Im still going through Gow2 and soo gow3, great games and i can literally play hours without getting bored of it.

"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 1 of 23 (5,046 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9795 posts

May 31, 2012

I myself am not a huge fan of buying the special edition versions of games.  I've never bought one before..I wanted the GoW 3 special edition but I didn't have the money for that.  What a let down.

But first, I have to know if the game's even going to be good.  I have no idea what the story is going to be about or how it'll even do anything...he can't escape hades, he can't kill titans, he can't kill gods, he can't kill the sisters...

As for what's in it, not really sure.  Like I said I don't know anything about special edition games but it's usually not worth while.

Message 2 of 23 (5,046 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

May 31, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I myself am not a huge fan of buying the special edition versions of games.  I've never bought one before..I wanted the GoW 3 special edition but I didn't have the money for that.  What a let down.

But first, I have to know if the game's even going to be good.  I have no idea what the story is going to be about or how it'll even do anything...he can't escape hades, he can't kill titans, he can't kill gods, he can't kill the sisters...

As for what's in it, not really sure.  Like I said I don't know anything about special edition games but it's usually not worth while.

I don't really go out of my way to buy special editions myself but if I really love the series than I will get one. I am sure whatever the story is about, I know that it will carry the same Epicness that the previous games had. Plus there are other Gods or characters that Kratos hasn't killed yet. There is the God Apollo that they can use. In God of War 3 you come across him when you get his bow.

I have a feeling that something in this one will reveal whether Kratos at the end of God of War 3 is really dead or alive.

Message 3 of 23 (5,046 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5628 posts

Jun 2, 2012

I don't like seperate versions/editions, pre-order bonuses, etc. Too much abuse goes on with all that.  GoWIII was no exception.  I'd rather they keep to making the core product good and be ready to support us post-release when things go bad (and they will).

Message 4 of 23 (5,046 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Jun 2, 2012

I bought that inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition and loved it. If they do that with Ascension I will definitely get that. As for pre-order bonuses I'm thinking multiplayer skins, single player skins and maybe some GoW 1,2,3 fighting arenas would be cool. Now Hero/Ultimate Edition Bonuses I would see a Kratos Action Figure, possibly a guide, and early acces to possible DLC. And this may never happen but replica Blades of Chaos would be EPIC.

Message 5 of 23 (5,046 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Jun 2, 2012

I would nut my pants if that were the official cover art and case by the way.

Message 6 of 23 (5,046 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Jun 2, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:

I don't like seperate versions/editions, pre-order bonuses, etc. Too much abuse goes on with all that.  GoWIII was no exception.  I'd rather they keep to making the core product good and be ready to support us post-release when things go bad (and they will).

I have to agree with seperate pre-order bonuses. I saw the new Dishonored gameplay video and they all ready announce the pre-order upgrade packs and each of the retailers have a different upgrade packs and I think that is retarded. Not everyone is going to buy 5 games to get each retailers downloadable content. I think if there is a Collectors Edition, than all that stuff should come along with it regardless if you pre-order or not!

Message 7 of 23 (5,046 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Jun 2, 2012

Totally agree with you there.

Message 8 of 23 (5,046 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 3, 2012

I agree.

Message 9 of 23 (5,046 Views)
0 Likes