He already killed Thanatos...

Message 11 of 24 (681 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: God of War 4 (Plot idea)

Jan 31, 2013

the original plan for god of war 4 was to have Athena trying to become the modern "one true God" while the gods from other societies' mythologies war over who gets to rule whats left of greece, and kratos becomes the grim reaper, or something.

i swear this was a thing.

Message 12 of 24 (679 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 31, 2013
dude kratos never kill thanatos you freaking joking bro where and in what game can **bleep** kratos Kill a Being who is In charge of **bleep** death Thanatos is that GOD OF DEATH SO t ell me how can you kill DEATH i guess you dont know what i was talking about
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 13 of 24 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Jan 31, 2013

In God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Kratos travels to the domain of death in search of Deimos, his brother and when he gets there he ends up finding Thanatos the God of Death and he kills him. Play the games before you argue "bro". 

Message 14 of 24 (672 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5791 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

>God of Healing
>wants to heal the broken world
It would mend itself with time and it seems a bit of a stretch for the station noted.

>forces him
What leverage does he have? What prize can he offer?

>wife, child and brother
>repeatedly kills them
I'd sooner imagine death in the Underworld having finality the world proper lacks. And why do this? What fool would inspire such rage? How would he bind Deimos? This is a small time deity we're talking about. Where's (Greed) Athena in all this? She would not just stand by during all this.

>gives in
Rather unlike him. To be fooled, yes. Bullied? Not so much.

>abusing the power of hope
Who among the survivors can even be reasonably expected to know about Hope, much less find a way to summon it and use it? Only Athena fits that build and even she seemed to feel it was all but a lost cause after being dispersed again.

>using Hope for evil
Not sure that can work.

>fend off the evil god Chaos
Chaos was not sentient, nor evil (nor good). It is so far above the others, it may as well just be a force (the atmosphere).

Nyx was among the few primordial gods with sentience and a full anthropomorphic form (Gaia was meant to be one of these, but couldn't fully take a 'human' form and act on her own behalf).

Nyx wouldn't be happy with our killing of Charon and Thanatos. I don't know that she would care about much of anything else (having long since given up her rule of creation freely). If she hadn't acted already, I doubt she would act now (years after the first affront that Zeus didn't dare pull in her presence in myth proper).

>co-op
I'm not into having it as its own mode or as part of the story. Included as it was in DMC3: SE at most. Another Kratos (option to pick from the various costumes).

>aren't able to control it
That is to be expected, but it should not be causing problems. The remaining 'Evils' (not destroyed in GoWIII) would be a problem though. I just hated the way they were used.

>use Hope to defeat Chaos
There's just no need to face a being that has no agenda or even a role. There's no form to attack and if there were, it would be far beyond anything Kratos could deal with (and I don't think Hope would be enough by itself *BoO and being a deity again might help close the gap*).

>remaining angry deities
Plenty of those.

>going after Kratos
I don't imagine all are foolish enough to try this. Maybe the 'Titans' (dumb in GoW), but probably not all the 'Olympians'.

>members of the families he's killed
They are powerless and wouldn't dare try anything.

>children of Atlas
Namely?

>Triton
He's sort of small time.

>Assassin from Betrayal
Non-canon.

>Phobos
Too bad the creation of "Deimos" ruins the chance to have both brothers as sons of Ares. They shouldn't have named him that. Zelus (Zealot/Zeal) would have been fine. Even better, no **bleep** brother arc. It was needless. He didn't need more reasons to be angry.

They're just excuses for a mad man who's ambitions led to tradgedy. His selfishness to quests for revenge that brought ruin to all. His spiteful last measure bringing his end and a change for a new beginning. A terrible person doing terrible things that could lead to a better future. Eventually.

>to be with his family again
I just don't buy the re-envisioning of Kratos as some family man. CoO started this trend. I don't like it. I don't buy it. GoW1 made the past clear. Kratos was a violent warrior looking to make a name for himself. His glory seeking (wanton violence) won him fear from his daughter and hatred from his wife. He put them after his quests. He wasn't a family man.

His character didn't just suddenly change due to Ares' influence. Kratos was a Spartan Captain and already behaving in much the same way as he would as a General (Fist of Ares). By the end of the ten years spent serving the gods, he was a broken husk of a man. No faith. No hope. Only visions of his failure.

>classic him
Classic Kratos is not trying to be with his family. He actively avoids most chances he's had to do this. He's a destroyer. Not a creator. No a fixer. He would rather have something to be angry about than be 'happy'. He's more interested in vengeance quests beyond his glory seeking days.

When he runs dry of these things, he longs for death to be free of the nightmares of his terrible deeds. This is not an exceedingly good natured nor clever man.

Though true the gods made him what he is, the brunt of what they did was hone his skills and increase his power. He was a warrior of Sparta crazed with the desire for more recognition (a common thing among Greeks).

His dealings with a mad god didn't work out (imagine that). He would soon become the thing he hated and destroy 'his' kind. How like the gods, he really is. I can just imagine him killing his child had it been a son rather than a daughter.

>honest feedback
That I can do.

>suggestion to make it better
That is something I have little drive to do. The most I can offer would be as I've already done. Clarifying details about deities, GoW from my perspective, etc.

>reason for revival
He could be brought back for less of a reason in the future. Time will tell.

>don't care for mythos change
Nor I. Not for this universe. Keep it seperate.

>more to Greek Myth
Just so. I'm still waiting on Ladon, Stheno, true Cerberus, true Hydra, Labyrinth (not a cube), Nyx, the Aegis, Primordial Cyclops, Giants, Echidna, Typhon proper, etc.

Message 15 of 24 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Well first off the new information about Chaos is enough to make me completely revise this little idea. Secondly you make a very good point about him not being bullied into stuff but rather tricked instead. Also the thing about him not being a family man is good, but I wanted to find some way to feel something new for kratos so he feels more human.

Relating to the power of hope and how humans use it. I know it seems ridiculous that any human might know how to use it but I thought it would be a cool way to showcase the humans perspective during this battle of gods and perhaps include famous human historical figures. 

Reguarding Phobos and the assassin thing: even if the idea of Phobos being the assassin is scrapped, due to it not being canon, I still like the classic idea of "you killed my father now I'm out to get you". 

With Asclepius I know it's a stretch but I really enjoy the concept of this man who cant do the only thing he knows how and becomes desperate.

ATHENA!! Lol I knew I was forgetting something! Wow. 

Lastly is Kratos motivation. If not his family, I am desperate to come up with something that would make Kratos maybe not want to come back but need to. And since he might not want to do that on his free will I am thinking that, as you mentioned, will have to be tricked. I just want a plot that makes sense. Something that doesn't completely come out of nowhere

And thank you for the notes!!!
Message 16 of 24 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Also my idea for the humans not knowing what to do with the power of hope came from Athena saying just that. 

Message 17 of 24 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5791 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Don't be too put off. GoW already takes drastic liberties with myth (beyond Greek). Look at Gaia. Reduced to a "Titan" (means "overreacher"). That doesn't make sense. They've gone with the pop culture idea of what a 'titan' is and made her one of them. Typhon really got shafted though.

>tricked
That's just how it goes. The gods trick you if they cannot simply 'bully' you'.

>more human
He needs to be a beast to do as he does. To be more human would also make him more like any other protagonist. But if that's how you wish to see him evolve, so be it. Regarding his past though, it is off limits. That they continue to revise history like this if off-putting.

Kratos is just meant to be a character playing in a classic Greek Myth story of tradgedy. There isn't supposed to be a happy end. Losing his family (and only later realizing some of their importance) is part of this. As with his fruitless quests for atonement, forgiveness, etc. All he manages is to cause more pain and suffering in trying to escape his own. Ultimately, again, he kills himself (his true enemy). With no enemy to bare his teeth at, the beast looked inward. If you wish to try to tackle making him believably find humanity he lacked if only through is family and countrymen, by all means. Have at that.

>humans and Hope
They should have no knowledge of it as a 'thing' at all beyond maybe some Oracles (even then, they are mostly dead thanks to the disasters visited upon the world in the wake of our vengeance). Not only knowing of it, but somehow gathering it and mastering it (and for Evil, no less)? A bit much to say the least.

>human historical figures
Like who? This is the time of the Ancients (to the Ancients of Greece). None of them would claim to have been alive for their religious stories (some of which are based on historical figures and actual happenings as with Troy).

>vengeance sought out against Kratos
It was only a matter of time. Better than another idea I'd heard long ago (having Calliope seek us out with the player using her in a quest to kill her father).

>can't do the only thing he knows how
What a sad fellow.

>not want to come back, but need to
CoO made him give up Elysium with his daughter (his wife forgotten apparently *likely in Asphodel*) to save all of creation. *as death in the Underworld can apparently spell the end for all*

He would be hard to move away from peaceful oblivion. Death beyond death is one fix. The rivers of the underworld would be another solution (wiping his identity clean). He has options. As for pulling him away from nothingness and getting him to go on another quest, it would take a desire for revenge or preservation of his 'loved ones'. One wonders what havoc he truly caused with the destabilization of the Underworld though. That needs clearing up.

>not knowing what to do with it
Mostly for not having the knowledge of it, ability to gather it or aptitude to activate the power if they had it. Kratos didn't for a long time. Absolutely ignorant of what was inside him for years.
Message 18 of 24 (639 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 31, 2013
He dont kill him how can you kill Death i think he win not kill him but silver i will play it thank you i'm new to god of war games but not new to Greek Mytho then again kratos freaking some how allways have the upper hand on every single Greek god some HOW
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 19 of 24 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Again thanks for notes GMG and clearly I need to brush up on my greek mythology. And Galibis yes he definitely murders him so maybe you won't enjoy GoS lol

Message 20 of 24 (632 Views)
0 Likes