May 31 2012
By: ReubenPatrick Monster Hunter 34 posts

God Of War Ascension: What are your biggest worries.

26 replies 367 views Edited May 31, 2012

It looks very promising but like all GOW fans I am bit worried about the introduction of a multiplayer.

Any thoughts?

Message 3 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Re: Kratos' Daughter... What if someone dated her...

May 31, 2012

For a "realistic" look at this, wouldn't Calliope have been about five-years-old at the point that she went onto the next plane of existence? To have a boy toy to play with at that point, it would be more acceptable considering she was probably still in her sandbox years.

Message 1 of 27 (367 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Kratos' Daughter... What if someone dated her...

May 31, 2012

I'm gonna change the topic of the Discussion this one seems a little stupid but thanks for the rep.

Message 2 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2533 posts

Re: God Of War Ascension: What are your biggest worries.

May 31, 2012

my biggest worry is they will focus all their efforts into  multiplayer and the single player will suffer (like it did in ME3).

Message 4 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jun 1, 2012

Yeah, the ending is not what I expected. I mean 3 endings and the only difference is the colors of the explosions! What happens to all your buddies, how are they gonna travel in space without the Mass Relays ( all the effort in making difference in the galaxy and star systems... wasted ). Epics usually end in tragedy but this is Mass Effect all your decisions means something in the end not just lazily constructed endings. Worst of all what's gonna happen to Liara, Ashley, Tali and all the other hotties O.O

Message 5 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2533 posts

Jun 1, 2012

rumor has it, it was problems with getting the multiplayer to work with kinect that caused them to run out of time. the ending we got was suppoed to be one of several and ea made them release the game prematurely--hence the endings of many colors.

Message 6 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jun 1, 2012

Yeah, publishers - especially EA - usually have the attitude of always pressuring the devs to cash-in quicker.

If the devs complain and tell the public they're being treated the publishers won't publish the games. Sad really. The devs are the ones getting criticized.

Message 7 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Jun 30, 2012

MP is the obvious concern as it damages SP as a whole.  I need not go into specifics for this topic (as I have elsewhere).

Message 8 of 27 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11832 posts

Jul 1, 2012

There is of course the ever present worry that multiplayer will take away from the campaign side of things. And, while I would initially be nervous about the introduction of such a feature to the God of War series, I'm not that worried. Countless developers have shown me that they can still craft excellent single player experiences while also throwing in multiplayer stuff. Some examples:

• Dead Space
  • Assassin's Creed
  • GTA
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Uncharted

Having said that, I couldn't care less about multiplayer, which is why announcements that pertain to this feature annoy me to no end. I get to participate in a bloodbath with my friends? Pass. I just want to see what Kratos is up to. The same attitude goes for every single series listed above. I dislike multiplayer in general and I don't think that'll ever change.

So, no, I'm not worried about multiplayer detracting from the overall experience. Therefore, my biggest worry is that the series will start to grow stale. This is, after all, Kratos' sixth outing. However, from what I've seen and read, the game looks solid so I still have high hopes for Ascension.

Message 9 of 27 (354 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Jul 1, 2012
>examples
-Shooter (Horror minus Survival plus Action) *now with co-op*
-Adventure (Light Action with minor shooting element) *RTS dropped*
-Shooter (Open-world) *lazy MP design*
-Shooter (Open-wordl) *hilarious trophy attachments to it*
-Adventure/Shooter (Light Action and Stealth elements)

Lots of shooters and I don't even agree that all of them are good, much less their MPs were (or that they didn't hurt the SP).

Know what would make for great examples? Action games. DMC, NG, Bayonetta, DI, etc. Know their track record with MP? It isn't pretty. Tends to be the case that 'Action' doesn't uses guns as their focus. Rather, melee is the star of the show.

I like Dead Space. I even liked the sequel (despite a DLC SP and competitive MP). Hell, even the 'Action' ramp up wasn't too offensive. As for DS3, things are not looking up.

Assassin's Creed has never done it for me. The addition of MP neither helped nor hurt from what I could tell. Perhaps AC3 can change my mind. Perhaps not.

GTA4's SP story didn't interest me nor the missions associated with it. I was happier just **bleep** around in the sandbox (and wanted more options for it). The MP didn't interest me to play ,but it so lacked in design effort, it couldn't have detracted much from SP. The fans do the heavy lifting and it worked out alright.

RDR was lovely, but MP doesn't interest me in the slightest. It didn't seem to hurt the SP. Again, shooter. That helps. Melee is far more difficult to work with.

Uncharted has some appeal to me, but I haven't gotten around to it yet and might not ever. Pity that. The SP seems interesting. The MP decent for what it is (but not something I care for).

The only Action game on the way with MP that might have a chance is Anarchy Reigns. We shall see how that turns out. If the best Action studio (for gameplay depth) can't do it, I don't think anyone can.

Our boys are better known for their cinematic, casualized/streamlined approach with simpler, but varied gameplay options. Cinematic focus. How this ends up going in a MP setting remains to be seen, but without guns...I don't expect it to last among those who care for it.

A beta for MP and demo for SP (from E3) would be wise to release (and soon).
Message 10 of 27 (352 Views)