2. No. Black screen.
3. No. And the secondary portion containign the manual loads fine.
4. powered off via switch in back. Unplugged and reset HDMI cable. Deleted the GOW A game data and preferneces on the PS3 and retried. No change.
5. Original 60GB console with upgraded HDD.
2. sometimes it says "corrupted disc" but that's just on the game part, on the manual and demo part it reads fine.
3. This is the only game this has happened to me on.
4. The game will freeze, or won't load at all on startup or disc insert, I try to eject, and then I hold the power button down to turn it off, the screen goes black, but the system is still on, so I repeat the holding the power button down,
and it finally turns off. Sometimes I have to reset it additional times to get the disc to read though.
5. (1st system) CECH-A01 Launch model 60bg with an upgraded HDD (2nd system) CECH-2001b 250gb slim.
The issue where your PS3 won't read your disc is one that I had as well.
It started when I bought the Blu Ray for Haywire. Then the same thing happened with Resistance 3. Then every Blu Ray for a new movie that I bought had the same problem: You insert the disc, there was a low volume ticking noise, the PS3 would then make the noise like it was ejecting the game, and then nothing. Sony and their forum squealers will tell you that your Blu Ray Drive is dying. They'll tell you to send it in, and then they'll charge you $150 to "fix" it. Of course, when you say it can't be because all of my old games and Blu Rays continue to work just fine, Sony will fail to respond beyond "send it in" and their forum sheep will post paragraphs full of reasons why you should stop complaining and just throw more money at Sony.
Most of the time, you can get the PS3 to read these discs by lifting the front of your PS3 up to an almost 90 degree angle, bringing it back down flat and repeating that process three or four times. Don't be jerky or twitchy about it, you'll want to wave it up and down in measured strokes to avoid dealing trauma to your PS3. Two thirds of the time, that will work. The rest of the time, you're SOL. I'm convinced this is the result of either a design flaw or a firmware flaw. I'm not sure if it was done on purpose or not, but this problem didn't really exist for me before Sony released their Super Slim console...but they did and shortly thereafter, new Blu Rays and games stopped being recognizable.
Again, Sony and their forum squealers will tell you that it's not their fault. Sony's lying, and the forum squealers...they're just pathetic.
2. No error message at all
3. Only this game, all others work fine
4. I've tried re-setting via the PS button on the controller. Sometime I have to eject the disc and power off the system, sometime I have to completely unplug the system.
5. 120 GB Slim
All my software is up to date, I have the patch that just came out as well. The game doesnt show up in XMB sometimes, when it does, I attempt to play it and it doesnt load, it just gives me a black screen with nothing else for a few minutes then goes back to the main PS3 start up screen. After numerous attempts, I got it working once and only once, but to my dismay I had no audio and after playing for not even 5 minutes the game froze and my PS 3 froze. I've tried un-installing, deleting all the data, and re-installing, nothing seems to be working. I've been waiting for this game for a long time now and I can't even play it
A quick follow-up. I decided to try reading the digital maunal. Half-way through installing it gave me a 8001002B error code. I re-loaded the manual and all is fine, so I decide to try the game again, still nothing, black screen and nothing else. This problem seems to be across the board, it is not just a certain type of playstation as it is also affecting 1st gens, fats, slims, backwards compatabiles, and what not. Also once people DO get the game working, there is no audio. Others have had the game working from the get go, then all of a sudden it freezes on them and they start having the same problems we are having. This game has been out for 2 weeks and **bleep** all has been fixed. Oh, a new patch so you can add "marks" to your guy in multiplayers.... how cool, but maybe you might want to make sure the game ACTUALLY WORKS for people. Fix the problems instead of adding in a bunch of extra **bleep**. Every single other game and blu-ray I have tried works without a hitch so my console isn't **bleep**ting the bed, Sony has **bleep** the bed on this. Please pull your heads outta your **bleep** and FIX THE ISSUES. 2 weeks and you havn't fixed the audio for people. 2 weeks and the game STILL isn't working for A LOT of people. Congrats on ruining an awesome franchise game.
2. No error the console just does not see the disc and seems to be having trouble reading it (clink sound) (4 discs bought and returned to Amazon, all with the same result)
3. It does not happen with any other game, including all other GOW and uncharted, although after i have attempted to play GOW ascension and then try another disc it wont read it until i reset console, just to add I have tried more than one different GOWA disc
4. I power off using the contoller
5. I have a ps3 slim 120GB
2. No, the manual is reading ok but the game won't start
3. No, I have 52 titles and that's the only one with this problem
4. The console tries to read the disc and after some time it gets back to the PS menu screen where I can try to load it again, while reading after some "normal reading sound" there's this different quick noise/sound probably where it gets to the part it cannot read
5. I have a PS3 slim 320 GB