First Son
3 posts

Re: GoWA Disc Not Loading

Mar 22, 2013

Well, doesn't happened with me, but happens with my brother.

1. Your PSN ID -  Neo_02

2. Are you getting an error message? - No

3. Does this happen with other games? - Yes, with God of War 3, but was working fine until he tries Ascension. All the other games are recognized very well... no problems with any of them.

4. Brief description of how you have to reset your console. -  Power off/on by the controller

5. What type of PS3 do you have? - Ps3 Slim 120Gb

The system don't recognize the game. After sometime it's power on and a several times ejecting the disc, it's finally recognized. Never works at first, just after power on the system in the first try...

Message 11 of 122 (3,864 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Could this be a firmware issue?

I really want to play my game can someone get back to us on this please.

Message 12 of 122 (3,821 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 22, 2013

To add I have barely used my ps3 other than dead space, uncharted and gow series etc so if its packed in that means the console is shoddy.

Message 13 of 122 (3,820 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

I'm having this issue as well.

PSN ID: Kolyene

Error Message: No

Happen with other games: No. I've tested Tomb Raider (2013), Lego Rock Band, Red Faction Armageddon, Dead or Alive 5 and several BluRays since it started happening last night, none have issues other than GOW:A

Brief Description: The Ascencion disc loads, then goes to the black screen that usually comes between the XMB and title cards. If I press the Home button, nothing happens, so that it looks like a system hard lock, similar to the ones in Bethesda games. Trying to power it down by the power button has no effect, only making the power light blink green. When I tried it with this manner, I had to unplug the PS3 to get it to turn off, after waiting 15-20 minutes. Since then, I've discovered that ejecting the disc will dump me back to the XMB.

Playstation type: One of the early 120 gb slim units, with a replacement hard drive. My PlayStation gets used quite a bit, but this is the only title that I have this issue with.

I have been able to play until Friday of this week and have almost beat the game, my last save was before the Trial of Archimeades, I'm pondering if deleting my installed game data and going from there will let me into game. Other than that I've had a couple of lockups after deaths, and a sound drop, but nothing to the point of this.

Message 14 of 122 (3,771 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 23, 2013

I'm having the same issue with my game.

1: Piggee09

2: No error message

3: No. All other games and Blu Ray disks work fine.

4: I'm able to turn my console off and on normally. The disk doesn't read at all. It's as though I have no disk in the drive.

5: I own a 120 gb PS3 slim.

Please contact me with some sort of resolution. I have already exchanged one disk and I'm not sure if I will be able to get a refund on my purchase. I would be highley upset if I just wasted 60 dollars on  a new game that I cant play.

Message 15 of 122 (3,698 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Equilibrium-0_

no error message

no, this is the first time I face this kind of a problem

tride to eject and load the game several times and restarted the system as well and it didn`t worked. I turn of  the system using the contoller

Slim 320 GB

Message 16 of 122 (3,476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Further note: This appears that it may be connected to Firmware 4.40, at least for my issue. My copy loads fine on my friend's PS3 without the firmware upgrade, and will not load on mine.

Message 17 of 122 (3,461 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

@ Kolyene

Maybe i'm wrong, but i don't think is that... my brother don't update his firmware in ages and he had the problem... and even now, after updated, is not loading the disc very well.
I think is something related with the model. I've the fat model, the old one, and works fine for me...
This is happening only with some of the slims models.

Message 18 of 122 (3,457 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 24, 2013

1. crazyarewe

2. no

3.no

4.freezes up, have to unplug console

5.fat, backwards compatable, 60Gb

Message 19 of 122 (2,746 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Can we please have an update?

OR can we please have a digital copy for free to make up for the fact we have a disc we can do nothing with?

Message 20 of 122 (2,737 Views)