First Son
2 posts

Re: GoWA Disc Not Loading

Apr 13, 2013
1-purpletreez4206
2-no
3-no
4- collectors edition day 1 had the loading problem where the icon wouldn't appear on the XMB. It worked after numerous tries. Afte getting stuck at the trial of archimedes I was so infuriated I quit playing the single player til the patch was up. Well tried to finish up this lackluster prequel yesterday and now my past save file is corrupter and after I started over my new chapter 4 save file is now corrupt. It gets stuck on the loading screen for each file after hitting "continue". I like the multiplayer I honestly do and it runs perfectly. BUT for GOW being a single player focused game to release a near broken single player and excellent multiplayer is unacceptable. The sound bugs,camera issues,an now loading/save file have really let me down. I absolutely love SSA/Sony/and Kratos. I spend thousands of dollars each year on Sony items because they're known for QUALITY over quantity. Well what happened here? What do I do?
Message 51 of 121 (1,523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Sorry forgot 5-slim 120gb ps3
Message 52 of 121 (1,522 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 15, 2013

1. Mau-Carater

2. No error message

3. It happen with GoW3, and it happen with all people who have the 2 games.

4. Put the game into the drive, the it start with a sound tik tik tik tik, then stop, restart tik tik tik tik, nothing happens.

5. Slim Ps3, 250gb.

I just try somethig out and it sometimes works, change the console upside down, or up the face where do you put the dis up, sometimes after several tryings in normal mode, it work.

Message 53 of 121 (1,490 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 15, 2013
kingjet777
No
No
The disc won't even load at all, I exchanged the games twice and the game still wouldn't load for me... It's so frustrating cause I love the series and now I can't play it. Please help us or like let us download it off the network
120 gb slim
Message 54 of 121 (1,487 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 15, 2013
This is for the ascension... It used to happen on my god of war three game as well
Message 55 of 121 (1,486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 16, 2013

My Id is jpskperry

No error message received

I have gone in safe mode and performed option 3 with no results.  I just performed ps3 restore defaults and i still have the issue

I have 250gb ps3

1. Your PSN ID

2. Are you getting an error message?

3. Does this happen with other games?

4. Brief description of how you have to reset your console.

5. What type of PS3 do you have?

Message 56 of 121 (1,459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 16, 2013
The disc won't even load at all, I exchanged the games once and the game still wouldn't load for me... I talked to playstation support and they and we did trouble shooting now they want me to try it on a friends ps3 then they may consider replacement and if i pay the shiping it appears this is a bigger issue than just me. this is frustrating cause I love the series and now I can't play it. Please help us
Message 57 of 121 (1,458 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I just got my 2nd copy of GOWA back from a seller on Amazon.

I inserted the disc, this time without the ethernet cable plugged in, and the same results as the first game.

Lot's of clicking noises, game attempts to eject, followed by more clicking and then it stops. Never shows up in XMB.  Very, very frustrating.  The seller on amazon won't refund money only will replace, so now I'm out $60. 

Thanks Sony.

Message 58 of 121 (1,423 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Apr 19, 2013

-Wildfire_08

-No error message, just a blank screen after Santa Monica loading screen

-Doesnt happen with other games

-Power reset, ejecting the disc causes a hard freeze.

-Upgraded to a 750gig 7500RPM drive. 

This is the main issue for me: I was playing the game, ive had it a couple of days, i left the PS3 on the xmb and the disc in the system and went to the gym. 2 hours later i eject the game and there are now irremovable water marks or oil marks on the back of the disc. 

My PS3 was lying flat for this time, i have it stood up vertically now and it worked straight away, no other games gives me this problem and it cant be an overheating issue because i run my console without a case and with the windows open. 

I took a picture comparing the GoW disc on the left, with the Call of duty disc on the right. Before today both discs were totally spotless.WP_20130419_002.jpg

Message 59 of 121 (1,291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 23, 2013

My disc is like yours Wildfire, also hard to read on my ps3 system, Sony can help us ? No answer on this post, im out of ideas now... Can´t play the game unless i try it over and over untill the ps3 read the disc. Weird!

Message 60 of 121 (1,240 Views)
0 Likes