Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 19 2013
By: gypsy816 Fender Bender 3054 posts

GoWA Disc Not Loading

[ Edited ]
108 replies 6951 views Edited Mar 19, 2013

If you're experiencing issues with your PS3 not loading your game, please post here and provide:

1. Your PSN ID

2. Are you getting an error message?

3. Does this happen with other games?

4. Brief description of how you have to reset your console.

5. What type of PS3 do you have?

Much obliged!

Message 1 of 109 (6,951 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: GoWA Disc Not Loading

Mar 19, 2013

1.DarkAngel9211

2.No,it is only try to read the CD then make a sound that want to eject the CD,but it doesn't do that. I need to eject the CD 2-3-4 times and in a final it's working. Sometimes it is loading from first.

3.No. I have 35 games and only God of War Ascension and God of War 3 make this.

4.To reset the PS3 you need to turn the safe mode then select the third option(Reset your PS3 System) but I did that and it isn't making something new.

Message 2 of 109 (6,946 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I was having a similar problem, restarted the system like 3 times and tried to run the game about 10 times before finally taking it out and looking at the disc. On the back of the disc was a very faint, very small finger print where I suspect I acciedentally touched it while putting it in. After wiping the very small and very faint print off the game loaded up fine. Now, rather it was the print or not I can't say, but if a really small print like that can make the game unplayable then I fear what will happen after a year or so of having the game. Kind rediculous for it to fail with that small of an impact on the disc but then again I suppose every bit on that disc is important.

Message 3 of 109 (6,937 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 19, 2013
LOL :smileyhappy:) It isn't that finger print..it is the disc problem..my CD works fine after 3-4 ejects if it isn't loading from first..That was posible to happend to you :smileywink:
Message 4 of 109 (6,935 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 19, 2013

1. FreeXP4me (btw, everyone's PSN ID is listed with their post)

2. No, the game won't even show up in the XMB so that I can play it

3. No, this is the first game to ever have this problem (I've tried 2 copies of this game with the same result)

4. I've tried all the disc reading tricks on Youtube and on these forums, this particular disc still will not read in my system.

5. Slim, 120 GB 

Message 5 of 109 (6,926 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Do you have links for the videos on YouTube you mentioned? Might help us get an idea of what you and others are experiencing.

Message 6 of 109 (6,922 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

The links below are just techniques that I've tried to get the disc to run, none of them worked unfortunately:

vacuum cleaner method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0bU9BlSAg

recompiling the disc library registry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATk-7qob_C4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7CDlBg7Oo

Using the Blu-Ray cleaner disc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyxoZT5FGlQ

Some other techniques that I tried from people that have posted on these forums are:

- Standing the PS3 upright on its side (either side)

- Holding the PS3 so that the disc slot is oriented towards the ceiling while putting the game in

- Putting in a game disc that works, then turning the PS3 off.  Wait a few seconds then turn the PS3 back on.  While the system is booting up, swap the known working game disc with the GOW:A disc

Keep in mind, that none of these techniques helped me.  I'm just posting it as a log of what I've tried already.

Message 7 of 109 (6,915 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 21, 2013

GoWA Disc Not Loading

[ Edited ]

If you're experiencing issues with your PS3 not loading your game, please post here and provide:

1. Your PSN ID

2. Are you getting an error message?

3. Does this happen with other games?

4. Brief description of how you have to reset your console.

5. What type of PS3 do you have?

Much obliged!

Hi

I'm having this issue

1. Tango169

2. No error the console just does not see the disc and seems to be having trouble reading it (clink sound)

3. It does not happen with any other game, including all other GOW and uncharted, although after i have attempted to play GOW ascension and then try another disc it wont read it until i reset console, just to add I have tried more than one different GOWA disc 

4. I power off using the contoller

5. I have a ps3 slim

I hope someone can get to the bottom of this.

kind regards
Message 8 of 109 (6,789 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

1. Your PSN ID - Aaronimal

2. Are you getting an error message? - NO

3. Does this happen with other games? - NO

4. Brief description of how you have to reset your console. -  take out disc multiple times, restart system multiple times, pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time (all of them have the same chance of working from what I can tell)

5. What type of PS3 do you have? - PS3 slim

I am also having issues where sound cuts out (multiple cutscenes) or camera angle does not change correctly (only once)

I am also on chapter 30, and the game wont even load at all now.  I died went to restart last checkpoint stuck on loading (no music or background noise the whole fight, just kratos sounds attacking 1/2 the time) and it froze, now everytime I go to load disc it sits on a black screen for a few minutes then goes back to ps3 home screen.  THIS IS A LOAD OF SH!T, I expected more... a lot more.

Message 9 of 109 (6,778 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 22, 2013

1. SHADBOW

2. Are you getting an error message?  NO

3. Does this happen with other games?  NO OTHER GAMES or MOVIES

4. Brief description of how you have to reset your console.  I JUST WAIT AND AFTER IT GOES TO BLACK SCREEN TO LOAD THE GAME IN 2-3 MINUTES IT REVERTS BACK TO MAIN MENU

5. What type of PS3 do you have?  PS3 SLIM RUNNING SYSTEM SOFTWARE 4.40

IT recoginzes the Disc (COLLECTORS EDITION) and the DEMOS and MANUAL as a disc, but can not load any of them... I don't get an error when trying to load game, but when I try to copy over the digital manual I get an 8002002B Error after it starts the download bar.

Message 10 of 109 (6,698 Views)
0 Likes