-Battering Ram spotted
-"Juggernaut" (name for Elephantaur)
-Life Cycle used for Captain, Fire Talos and Juggernaut
-More examples of OP stun abuse *so many*
-Puzzling over inputs for Rush, Slash and 'Charge'
-Increased understanding of WWs
-Surprising parry cases
-Improved Tether understanding

These things and more. A good deal of speculating on the matter of hit string changes in particular. That surprised me considerably. Their talk of 'rage' changing things... I hadn't imagined it would be by means of omission (locking away options) mostly.

We've had a fairly clear idea of the additions it offers and how exactly the system worked, but sealing away "s4", "s5", "s6", "t2" and "t3" came as a surprise all the same.
Message 52 of 75 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: GoW:SP ideas

Dec 4, 2012

I just looked at the pictures Smiley Wink

Message 53 of 75 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Dec 4, 2012
>calling videos pictures
>punctuating with an emoticon
*glove slap*
Shameful display. You bring dishonor upon your family name.
Message 54 of 75 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Ah, yes.  An old form.  I wasn't much for italics when I used it though.  If you're on my path, you'll be where I am now in another four years (if memory serves).

>in your head
Spacious.

>!
Mind the excitability, sport.

>believe in love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeLUi_20Nrg&t=47s

>thinks
Knows, rather.  So here we are again, chap.  Welcome back.

NOTE: The ellipsis is as such "...".

>but
You forgot the comma.

>in control of your motions
The negative ones based in regression, at least.  Now give me some sugar, baby.

>quote
>no comma
You blew it.

>I'm good
But you're clearly not.  I've said as much.  No refuting that evaluation.  It's what I do.  But it need not be that way.  The path is yours to choose.  Take my hand, son.  I can raise you up from the dirt.

>so what
So you've accepted what you are, then?  How graceful.  This, I can honor.  But shall you remain thin-skinned and spiteful?  Time will tell.  There is also the matter of whether your words ring true.  I do wonder.

>don't need to be
You say that now.

>think
*knowing grin*
Oh, you.

>spiting yourself
Just so.  Needlessly, I'd contend.

>this is because
You're still cross about words on a screen?  I've noticed.

>get crude
Tell me more.

>didn't
You did.  "Look it up".

>any
Until the tears and the balling of fists.  Mind that anger.

>wouldn't
Then your word is dubious, friend.  What is a man with a distinct bankruptcy of worth in his word?

>fun
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=UJwFO4l74yY&p=n

>enjoy
You know I will as I have since the dawn of this series.

>self-appointed
And recognized by the best.

>looks great
Fantastic.

---

Let's see if there is anything new to gleam from a few more videos *unlikely*.

Pretty capture quality.

4:33 As with the seems AoE of Sword Discard, the Tether tug seems to 'collide' the ammo with targets.  It's possible it will have collision damage,  but I can't imagine more than getting the same as wall/object cases (1 damage) for this.

4:39 For reference, Tether allows for an s1 and s2 regarding light hit strings.  I don't recall getting an extra swing for rage.  I believe heavy is wrecking ball.  That leave the matter of what Jump and Physical do (maybe Tether too).  We've seen foes pulled into grab option select, toss, battering ram, torso rip, head rip (should have been the old neck snap) and wrecking ball.  Many of the finishers are sure to be option select cases that are perhaps not an option unless the foe is near death.

This said, you also have pull into Hyperion Ram (CG) and also Hyperion Charge (in this case, referring to 'mount' rather than the sweep we have as an ender *they should be careful with what they name things*).  Speaking of the mount...I've yet to see it in SP.  Did they happen to opt to NOT give us that ability with Kratos?  I would strongly disapprove of such a thing.

To note it again, while in Tether you can s1/s2, Wrecking Ball, various grab cases, CG (maybe mount) and evade.  Not sure if there is a way to just 'release' the Tether though.  We've seen Tether used to pull into grabs from ground/air on ground/air targets in various ways (including OH) *while blocking a simple OH infinite*, but no signs of alt.OH (not surpirsing that these players don't hold inputs to test for it, but it could just NOT be there, which would be a pity like lacking OH redirection on 'Slam' types).

5:07 I get worried when I see all these grab cases, but not option select animation.  Casuals tend to be slow to put in inputs (especially when new to the series as some of these chaps are).  I wonder if it might just randomize the grab type for grab kill (that would not be okay).

5:15 Rush baited with medium range.  Hits are same as when he catches you with the grab from out of a counter evade (often during wake-up).  As in that case, the first hit stuns for light (if any) damage and the second does the big damage, but you can just evade out of the stun.

5:21 It's possible that the punch string (aside from coming out of Hermes Stomp and Hermes Rush *maybe the kick too*), chains out of BoC attacks as a weapon-switch case rather than being o1, o2, o3 pure and simple.  This might explain casual players so often being able to use kick (just an input rather than a held case) and rush (perhaps just a 'discard' rather than a held input).  Again, it would be best to test directly to just get the answer, but I can only make inferences for now.  I'm fairly confident about the punches and kicks being as noted.  Even the rush.  Hermes Stomp might just be a circle input rather than players thinking to use a held or discard case (just not very likely from watching how they play).

5:42 It's like giving the BoC PS-lite (knockbacks/stuns on-demand)...

6:48 The moving blackness on the HUD is cute,  but likely a waste of resources.  The HUD is harder to gauge than before.  If they were going to use piqs to make things more obvious with magic (and add uniformity), they should have used piqs along the health bar as done in SWFU (perhaps refining that system) so we can get a better idea of the HP lost/gained (maybe just  give us the option of numbers for damage dealt, health regained, etc. for foes/Kratos (or remove all HUDs being that you can SEE when rage is active and as far when near death, stop getting hit clown).  Not going to happen this time, but perhaps in another entry.

8:38 God I hope you can turn off visual cues...and skip cutscenes (like in Bayonetta).

9:43 I'm unsure if this confirms the lack of a weapon switch case for the Javelin or not.

9:59 I don't remember having quick Ascension out of an s1 (s2 certainly).  Perhaps they really did do away with the 'slow' case that punishes not knowing the system (to encourage casuals to launch with less risk *yet leaving super armor rather than i-frames for the pursue*).

11:48 That fire aura is some straight up 'almost zero tell' Geryon 'static shield' horse s***.

12:13 Yeah, it's like with Geryon.  You can't really see it coming.  You have to expect it and keep distance.  Touching him during the aura hurts. Not sure about ranged moves (that also fail) causing damage (that would really irk me).  Doesn't seem like they made that mistake.

If only they had it such that the Fire Talos could suddenly start charging one of its normal melee attacks for an unblockable (at least a guard crush) to make things more interesting.  This version of Talos cannot chase you down in exchange for Fire Aura/Ares Inferno and the 3x Ground Pound with tracking fire plumes.

12:44 >getting most of the rage meter slapped away by a Grunt

13:11 As before, I just really doubt the player is thinking of a discard or held input when they go to Physical (circle).  I suspect Hermes Stomp to be air o1.

14:21 At least only EXP chests open quickly like this.  HP and MP (maybe RP) still require the full time.  If there are item chests (very likely), I'd sooner expect those to take time too (hopefully in a trap room like GoW1 did with lots of EXP chests during the Challenge of Poseidon *classy*).

NOTE: My only complaint with fire traps in GoW1 being that they couldn't be tripped and then you move away.  They only trip and activate all the way when you're still going to get hit by them.  I'd rather be able to tactically abuse them to kill foes.

15:57 Just that easy even without nut kick spam.  Being on Easy accounts for it hitting for so little and having so little hit points before 'red halo' (grab kill) *being a demo explaining this glorified minor grunt/low level major grunt not dying without a grab kill* and the aggression.  Glowing hand for grab is a really clear tell.  It really needs to learn how to rush down for grabs like Herc the Jerk when without a weapon.  When it still has one, it ought to stampede/trample aside from the flurry (all blockable sadly).  It really needs to use its club with a hit that can send you flying (ring-out).  That would be best for enraging lesser players.  Instant death even with some super armor on Easy.  Delicious.

NOTE: Unsurprising that we still have so many inputs untested for (especially an evade special).  Many don't evade often, even less block or parry, little air experimentation, poor use of grabs, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scLKPbme5fU

0:53 Seems like you cannot chain heavy (t1) into weapon switch moves like the punches (unarmed) or 'sweep and spike' (Sword).  Just light attacks.  Noted.  Just does the normal hit for 'Physical' (kick, slashes, spear tosses, etc.).

And it really does look like you have i-frames during the Tether animation (tossed out and shortly after it).  Mind this well, boys.  Especially if it works when you grab at air (won't work if you false OS off of something you cannot grab obviously *i-frames will end when the stun animation starts*).

4:06 Yeah, I was feeling like I saw this before.  Old video, but reviewing it did lead to new observation, so not a total waste.

4:55 t0 to kick...that hardly seems sporting.  At least kick doesn't chain into enders to make it really absurd.  But then, it is possible 'ram' will being that parry and CG seem to already.

5:07 One is goign to have to really watch for that animation before he 'sparks it up'.

5:32 I still feel like unarmed hits should be worth more 'rage' than basic BoC hits (rather than none) in exchange for being weak and not having godly hit stuns.  Meh.  (Perfect) Parry and Perfect Evade (when implemented fully) should give more rage than the other sources (while nerfing the meter gain by hits quite a bit).  They've got to work on balancing the meter and especially for VH.  Casuals won't care, but they KNOW we will.

5:41 What a stupid hit box for an invisible shockwave.  Like A Geryon-lite.  Imagine if it was nearly as instant with the Inferno as Geryon with bring that ball down.  Terrifying.

6:29 A visual glitch with the spear sliding around during the fire kill animation.  A little something to note for AKheon and findlestick since they like this sort of thing.  More so useful glitches, but oddities are something when you've got nothing, yes?

6:35 That...doesn't sound like Kratos.

3:26 So wake-up is the grab into 2-hit, block/counter is the backslash (also melee), backslash is close, 2-hit is close, rush is mid-range and 2x slaps is mid-range.  Now we just need to see 'rally'.

NOTE: With a sad counter like that, you can just slap for pressure then easily parry and counter this chump to death.

5:57 I do not approve of the chest opening for him when he didn't deserve it.

6:27 These Javelin Grunts need to start using their ranged options.  Surely they can spear toss and maybe even use an unblockable overhead like arrows in GoS.  During rally, I'd like to see them using 'barrage' if not co-ordinating lots of overhead unblockables as a team (making an artillery field of the fight grounds).  I suppose the Sword chaps could toss their weapon...and maybe have it magically disappear/reappear to them (a bit stupid, but it happens in vidya).

7:56 The 'push' seems like a bad attack choice for Talos when not in response to a hit string.

10:33 So silly that it does a flurry of blockables like this only to gas out and go on one knee (wake-up into stomp).

10:48 Just like the Cyclops variants of GoWIII, you can force it off the ground in a glitched fashion.  So if partial petrification factors on this **bleep**, expect to shatter him for a quick kill (so long as Gorgons are in it and ever get paired with them).  Even for lack of petrification, surely there will be 'freezing' (ice is involved after all) and friendly fire.

11:22 The enemy needs more during this QTE.  A different grab to force you to react away/down and maybe another alternate where you apply 'physical' to block the other arm from making a grab.  On higher settings it should be more aggressive about fending you off too.  Maybe even have it try to stand or shake-us off.  As is, it's not that impressive.

NOTE: I'd almost rather rip the trunk off and beat its brains/eye balls out of its skull with 'trunk slaps'.

2:43 Quite a bit of range on the rush to 2-hit.  I wonder how well it horizontally tracks.

5:04 The Javelin Grunt thrust might surprise, but the vault looks like a total non-threat.

7:11 Specials don't seem to bounce off the fire aura.  CoC nor TR.

9:24 The boy fancies LC for stuns and then PoP.  Little does he realize he could nut kick spam or even circle spam with the Sword he has.  At least it has the semblance of strategy (even if a pitiful showing just the same for the Juggernaut).  Slowing it down is fine, but the stun/slow combo isn't what I had in mind when they described the use of LC on larger foes.

9:49 Cute.

9:54 The long path to Spirit only in rage these days.  Absurd.  If they wanted to take away attention from non-rage state as a balance to show Kratos isn't as dominating as in the past, they should also NOT have made WWs able to stun lock better than rage itself.  What a blunder.

1:32 A pity these Grunts lack the Sentry (GoWIII) halving that allowed for head stomps.

2:25 You can block out of that stun?  Silly.

4:33 The context of the tutorial still being up and the use of the Rush suggests it is L1+o (discard) to me.  I don't think this player would have done "O" just to test if there was a special attack for held inputs.  Because of the start-up, I don't see use being able to use it well for Rush to roll cancels even if the Rush cancels well.  Even more so as you can't block cancel out of evades (you would need to attack cancel into the special *which has a start-up*).  It should chain into t0 and s6 though, which would be useful.  If it doesn't...well it still has a knockback (that the regular **bleep** circle input already has *and should be nerfed to be a lesser stun case*).

NOTE: If they want their precious THIS IS SPARTA kick, save it for a possession as in GoS (making the kick unblockable, always stun, deal 50+ damage, cause knockback, etc.).  Just don't do that for the regular version.

5:51 This suggests that Unarmed L1+o (rush) does not chain into Valor (or Plume).  Which makes it look bad.  Why use it over the kick or CG?

6:00 This guy quickly noticed 'Rush' could lock his foe.  If he knew kick did the same, he would be using it instead.  You gents so the issue here?  Casuals are quickly noticing a variety of stun locking options that are essentially brainless.

6:37 Parry to Valor confirmed.  Hold on to your butts.

Message 55 of 75 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I'll give you credit... you are persistent. More so than I am.

Message 56 of 75 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Dec 12, 2012
>persistent
Which is why a war of attrition favors me. Test your might is merely a test of stamina.

I'll always prove to be the last man standing. Keeping one's emotions in check (not being provoked into anger) prevents forfeits along the way.

So then, with the test of wills complete, how about those lessons? You wish to become more (better enjoying your purchases) or remain a casual with GoW? The choice is yours. Choose wisely.
Message 57 of 75 (227 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Wants many cruel and bloody scenes. And so the story itself to a new level and timing that was the biggest. And the secret places, I want more. Well, still, mini-games and bosses, a lot!
Message 58 of 75 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Gears: You still running from simple vanilla VH runs, boy?

Heero: Good of you to weigh in.
Message 59 of 75 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Dec 20, 2012
I'll look for more SP demo coverage tonight. DSP now has a playlist for MP Beta antics. Should be a sorry sight. Hopefully it provides some amusement. Not sure what there is left to learn from watching others play the SP demo though. For reference, this thread keeps things more organized: http://www.gamespot.com/unions/TUGOWU/forums/29208930/tugowu-gowa-comprehensive-thread
Message 60 of 75 (158 Views)
0 Likes