Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Re: GoW:A SP ideas

May 29, 2012

For blade skins, nothing joke (though, I think having joke and serious skins would be cool) but look at the blades that blue kratos is holding.  Having a skin like that would be sweet.  (it would just slightly change the look of the blades)

Stats, not really sure but it would be interesting to see what they could come up with.  I don't want anything too ridiculous but having lame stats (like 5% extra orb worth) wouldn't really be worth it. 

EDIT:

I have a small complaint about the way Kratos looks in the GoW series. 

GoW 1 it was understandable because at the time, graphics wasn't as good as they are now.  I love the look of GoW 2 Kratos during the cutscenes.  In GoW 3, he looks...idk a lot shorter?  and puffier?  He also seems to have a lot of really weird looks on his face (whenever he gets mad, you can tell but his face just looks weird)

I'd love to see a GoW 2 cutscene looking Kratos, he still looks muscular and detailed, but more believable (and cooler imo) than the original GoW 3 Kratos.

Probably not doable, but idk, so far lots of things about GoW 3 are bugging me like the way Kratos looks and how weird the blades react in combat.

Message 21 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5738 posts

May 29, 2012

>Blue Kratos blades

Which ones?  If I had to guess, the case at the top left with the chains and extra 'cuts' in the weapon.  I like the costume itself (would want it at 100% for all stats so it would be 'legal' for challenge runs), but having his blades special (if we can still opt in for the default blades to keep to the norm) wouldn't bother me.

By the looks of it, he has about three different cases in that picture.  Some looking much more like axes than the other 'Blades'.  And that suits me fine.  We've had an attire using such axes (McKratos) though.

The TUGOWU Art Gallery shows off many pictures.  Some old concept art (like the Blue Kratos case) among them.  Perhaps you would like a link to take a gander at.

>stat change

Can't be anything too severe in the areas I note (speed, range, recovery, etc, aside from maybe the power modifier or certain moves being given better damage/AoE, bonus effects, etc.).  An increase of 5, 10, 15 or 20% to speed can mean a great deal (or a loss of it).  Range increase/decrease has a tiny bit more room to work with.  One could be such that it it practically stays in our hands, but doesn't lose speed and gains a good deal of power (losing the 'chains' aspect of the Blades).  Another could greatly increase chain length for range and even speed while losing out on power.  One that could at all negate the weight of foes and bounce, launch and/or knockback heavy types would be hilarious.

>GoWII cutscene Kratos preferred

Just as I prefer GoWII cutscene everything (Athena especially).

>GoWIII complaints

I'm all ears.  I've noted your having started with VH for this entry since checking my PMs.  Perhaps you'll get some feel for certain frustrations vets had with 'this and that' during our many playthroughs.  I suspect you'll run afoul of grab targetting rather quickly.  And then there is Skorpius...

Message 22 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

May 29, 2012

Here's a thought.  You said you hope that costume is "legal" for runs...what if we had the option to turn off stats?  Or alter them? 

Say God armor gives 200% of everything...well you could turn it off so you only look awesome, and not have awesome stats.  Or for the challenge of it, you could reverse it, and make it -200% everything. 

Message 23 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5738 posts

May 30, 2012

>alter them

I've considered this.  I only hesitate specifically because I would no longer be able to tell by attire what the stats were for a costume a given user was using.  Even default wouldn't be sacred.  If they don't leave a means to show proof (be it a toggle to show stats or a menu keeping track of it along with kill count and other such things), I'd be more annoyed than pleased.

It should be among the rather sizable initial post talking points.

Message 24 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

May 30, 2012

I have another suggestion:

NEVER add another boss like the scropion king/queen ever again.  This is the most broken crap I've ever seen.  If I run into a boss like this on GoW: A I'll probably stop playing immediately and return the game. 

Please, work out the bosses in GoW: A, thank you.

Message 25 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5738 posts

May 31, 2012

I see you've run afoul of Skorpius.  I've given a light rundown in the GoWIII evaluation section of the problems that plague it (there are many).  My health has not improved enough to continue the edits just yet.  Perhaps after I pass the stone.

Message 26 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

May 31, 2012

I got past him, but there's just so much wrong with that boss....it took me quite a while. 

Message 27 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5738 posts

Jun 1, 2012

>much wrong with it

Just so.  As detailed in the run-down.  I've yet to pass the stone, so I'll keep to short exchanges.

Message 28 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Jun 1, 2012

I have to make a suggestion about the GoW series.

I just watched the end of GoW 3 again...

I really didn't like GoW 3's ending.  Once you beat the crap out of Zeus, the "evils" left him...meaning you had no real reason to keep fighting him.  After that, you punch him until your screen is covered with the fakest looking blood ever, which was also highly unnecessary

After that, Athena acts totally out of character.  She added another mystical power that was greater than anything else in the box...named hope...that all sounds increadibly cheesy.  It just comes out of nowhere too.  We know that the box is supposed to contain the power to kill a god, but instead they altered it in GoW 3 to contain 1 power put in by Zeus (sins) and then we find out at the very last second that Athena put in hope (for some reason).

Oh, and apparently hope (the emotion) is a blue flame that lets you destroy the king of the gods.  We still have no idea wth Athena even is.  She's just a pile of ectoplasm, and we have no concrete reason as to why she's even in this game.  It still bugs me how terribly out of character she acts at the end of GoW 3. 

Then on top of it all, you don't even give us a real ending.  Athena looks extremely evil, Kratos is dead, the Earth is in total chaos and no mortal could even live in such conditions, and there's a few signs that Kratos is still alive yet we don't see a sequel happening..just a prequel. 

GoW isn't a place for emotion.  It was surprising that about 75% through the story, they change the feeling of it.  The first portion of the game was very kick ass and action packed...then it slowed down a LOT...then went into uncharted territory. 

It sounds to me like GoW: A is going to be nothing but emotion...I hope they do it right this time.  Some of the lines in GoW 3 were really cheesy....like at the end... Where Athena's explaining the box.. I just hated that.

Message 29 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5738 posts

Jun 2, 2012

>not into the ending

I wasn't crazy about the 'evils' and Hope thing, myself.  The box returning isn't as offensive as the girl-key/moral pet/daughter stand-in (Pandora).  Athena's character was mistreated.  Then there was the after credits antics...

>retcon and continuity issues

I don't tend to address these as I foucs on gameplay in my own evaluation.  If you wish to get into all that, I'm open to helping you with this.

~Athena was a saint

Message 30 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes