Jan 30 2013
By: SilverFoxLegacy Lombax Warrior 198 posts

GoW: A SP Demo Expierience

7 replies 197 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

So today I bought total recall on blu ray just to play the single player demo from E3. Overall it was totally awesome. So I thought i'd share little things here and there that stood out to me.

First off it looks freaking amazing. I've seen a lot of people complain about Kratos' size and to me it's perfect. Obviously he's not going to be as big as he was in GoW3 because thats like ten or so years later. The enemies and the fire all just look incredible. Also a little thing i noticed is that Kratos opens chests with two hands instead of one like in GoW3 which again shows us he's younger. 

One thing that confused the hell out of me. Everyone knows theres a standard combo for square and one for triangle where you just press the same button and it does a series of attacks. But for some reason the only time i could do the triangle attack was when i was in rage mode. Otherwise you could only press it once and he'd smash the ground. I'm sure thats not going to be like that in the full game or that would be rediculous. If anyone wants to enlighten me on that I would appreciate it. Besides that, the fighting was awesome. 

The last thing I'll mention is something thats very small but I thought was cool. Whenever Kratos uses his secondary weapon he starts slashing and then when you stop he puts it on his back and then it like sparkles and vanishes to wherever Kratos keeps all his other weapons that just magically appear. Normally it would just vanish like when he was done with it but you actually see it fade out and i thought it was kinda cool. 

Anyway I'm even more psyched about this game! Thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 8 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Re: GoW: A SP Demo Expierience

Jan 30, 2013
Well for the Triangle question what level were the Blades of Chaos they have to be a certain level to unlock the full combo. Thanks for telling me you're experience I really wanted that demo but I will not buy that movie for it no way.
Message 2 of 8 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Jan 30, 2013

It won't let you go to the upgrade store. So yeah they were probably just at the lowest level. 

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:
Well for the Triangle question what level were the Blades of Chaos they have to be a certain level to unlock the full combo. Thanks for telling me you're experience I really wanted that demo but I will not buy that movie for it no way.

Message 3 of 8 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Lord Kratos .....I am willing to mail you the disc that contains it if you want to pm me the address.
Message 4 of 8 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Jan 31, 2013
This post and beyond have most of my demo coverage: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension/GoW-A-SP-ideas/m-p/39286195#M1855

Silver: >bought BluRay for demo
I hope you planned on getting that bad remake anyway. A shame French couldn't share the demo with you.

>looks amazing
Graphics are fine. I don't agree with the artistic design for pretty much anything right now.

>obviously he's not
GoW1 showed him in a younger time (Captain Kratos) with the same physique. It's just another continuity error put on the pile they've made for themselves.

>two hands
Lots of things went back to GoW1 with this. Not enough, I'm afraid. GoWIII had some issues that still irk me. Issues that have not gone away with the engine being re-used (then bastardized for MP).

>standard combo
>one for triangle
Refer to my coverage about this. I'm quite thorough about all that. My comprehensive thread coverage elsewhere long since reported this from early observations (just need to update it with my personal findings since getting the demo and testing it).

>rage mode
Some old options were locked away behind rage to make it more important than it deserves to be. Gimping regular Kratos to make the 'buff' seem more worthwhile. To show it off, it is far too easy to get rage and keep it. This produces the balancing case where 'rage' doesn't do much of anything 'rage' is known for (more power, tanking, higher armor, etc.). It's a psuedo-rage flavored by elements (whichever magic you have selected).

>not going to be like that in the final game
It can and will be as such.

>would be ridiculous
So it is and so it shall be. Among other troubling things.

>enlighten you
I'll give you all you can handle. Read and respond if you're feeling froggy.

>where Kratos keeps everything
His **bleep**. Mostly his **bleep**. Frequently that is where he is seen stuffing objects he collects.

>probably at the lowest level
No. There isn't likely to be much more. This is at least lvlMID. Most attack options for inputs are filled. This is the modifier for lvlMIN power though (1.0). My damage values testing made that obvious. The settings of the demo are standard (set to Normal) as far as Damage % goes.

Jak: What a generous offer. I'm truly moved.

Lord: >level
It has no baring here. These are likely MAX level blades with MIN power (they've done this in demos before). Rage is just being used to hold all the cards for this entry. They're making it auto-activate for God's sake.

I'd like to say I can hope for the signs of GoW1 returning spelling the rage being tied to lvl2+ Blades (cleansing NUR and higher of this filth), but that seems extremely unlikely as they will want to toss this in our face.

>won't buy that movie for it
Nor would I. French had me covered. Gent was offering shortly thereafter. I have those willing to hook me up as a favor (that I can repay with coverage).
Message 5 of 8 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

@Jakob98 You serious lol? Nah I'm fine thanks though appreciate it! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Ya seriously......The movie sucked and I paid nothing for it. Got it for xmas.
Message 7 of 8 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Jan 31, 2013
^At least you didn't give them money. I feel bad for whomever did though.

Had it been tied to Dredd, I would have happily ponied up (as I intend to get that anyway). It was a lovely Action film that is more appropriate for GoW (in terms of violence *not the shooting*).

Not like there are any high fantasy movies with loads of violence out right now that are any good (Hobbit is PG-13 and doesn't release at the appropriate time).
Message 8 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes