I just completed the Challenge of Hades for GoW: CoO and the Challenge of the Gods (Ares/Athena) for GoW: GoS today (for the Platinum in both games) and really, really miss this mode in Ascension. Thing is, the Challenge mode in Ghost of Sparta, I think, was the best challenge mode in the whole series, particularly the Ares challenges. GoWI had the most difficult Challenge Mode, but only because you had to complete the entire mode in one sitting.
Possible challenges for Ascension:
The basics (every challenge mode contained variations of most of them):
1. Kill all the enemies by any means
2. Kill all the enemies without getting hit
3. Break all the stuff (pottery, statues, etc) before time runs out
4. Survive the ambush while your health slowly drains
5. Freeze and Shatter all the enemies
6. Collect the Souls
7. Incenerate everything
8. Kill all the enemies without using weapons
9. Kill the enemies while they are under Amulet influence
What are your thoughts?
I really would love to see any challenge of the gods mode for Ascension. Ive bought the game for its Single Player and I feel like we should have more content for the SP. I do love playing the Multiplayer, but what I always wanted was to play the SP, which I did like the SP but I felt like there should have been more rewards for beating it such as the challenge mode.
The gods overestimate themselves.