Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas (last updated 6.7.12)

Jun 11, 2012

>really need a Beta

And no nonsense.  Don't tie it to some pre-order, don't do codes, etc.  Release to all for a period of time and get maximum feedback.

Message 70 of 185 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Exactly.  I myself hope we see a demo/beta soon, but that's very unlikely. 

We had the GoW 3 demo shortly after E3, but I doubt we'll see that soon. 

Message 71 of 185 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Jun 12, 2012

>soon

>very unlikely

Quite right.

>doubt

You're right to do so.

Message 72 of 185 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 14, 2012

New trailer is out:

Looks like 1 handed blades and "chained blades" are confirmed. 

Message 73 of 185 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Jun 14, 2012

0:25 Ares 2H Sword, I presume.  Using what is most likely his spell.  Initially I thought it might have been a Hades case (invisibility), but the sort of teleport overhead is more in line with what Ares would do (in GoW1).  AoE that hurts/stuns and then you control an icon (that foes cannot see).  Chase them around and try to land on them.  You CAN kill yourself with this if you target a cliff or something stupid.  I've seen people do it.  The bounce on the overhead isn't strong enough in my taste (doesn't leave enough time for more than a juggle).

>1H Sword

No.  Not even as a WW was it shown.

>Blades

As a WW at a dispenser.  Nothing more.

Circle, Circle, Circle for 't1, t2, t3' (Spirit of Hercules).  Possibly "O" for Ascension.  Maybe some air slaps.  L1+O discard could be a lot of things.  I won't make a guess at it.

The only chains we are using in this video are from the tether (R1).

Message 75 of 185 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 15, 2012

1h sword -

Pretty sure there's a segment in there where he uses a 1h blade, because his primary weapon is on his back and he uses 1 arm to swing the sword.

chains -

What do you mean dispenser? 

EDIT:

My primary concern at this point, is the gameplay.  I've watched the trailer a few times now, and it looks almost like it's lagging... if that's true, that's going to be pretty bad because they're playing LAN most likely.  Once its on psn it's going to get a lot worse.

Unless I'm just seeing things.

EDIT 2:

Yeah, it does seem like these things are pick ups (chained blades)  Kind of cool...but I'm starting to think you might be right about being 2 loadout weapons. 

EDIT 3:

The new box open looks pretty cool.  You smash the top and the stuff comes out from the hole you made. 

But it might have been better to just use both hands and have the box open up faster than before, because the animation for smashing the box is pretty quick, but afterwards you seem to slow down a lot. 

Message 76 of 185 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Jun 15, 2012

>1H

Denote the time you speak of and I'll look again.

>dispenser

Points on the map where HP/MP orbs can be gained aside from WW.  Blades of Chaos are a WW in MP just as 2H Sword and 2H Hammer might be WW in SP.

>lagging

I've no eye for such things.  It would really have to stand out (as with framerate issues).

>might be right

Maybe I am.  Maybe I'm not.  It IS very possible a nice perk like another MP weapon could easily become a DLC of some substance (pay for the weapon type and get four versions and possibly a SP WW version with it).

It is quite a lot of work and they've been pushing themselves to even go this far.  Now they have to work on the other maps, work with balancing of gear, spells, WW, the two known weapons (and the variants you can get), perks for covenant leveling, fret about bugs, see to matters of lag, etc.

>bow open

The animation is fine, but the boxes look horrid.  As for the recovery animation, it would be quite amusing if they made that take longer (offsetting the point of the change in the first place).

NOTE: I feel like some boxes and dispensers should be on/near traps.  It is wasted potential not to combine the two.

Message 77 of 185 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Hmm, notice around the :35-:38 area....the guys name has two empty bars by it...what could this be?  spell uses? 

dispenser -

What is WW exactly?

Lagging -

It's like framerate issues.  The gameplay isn't very "smooth" in the video.  I don't know why really.

@ :42 there's a spot in there where he just whips out the chained blades.  He might have gotten them a second ago but maybe by chance if you pick up weapons on the map you can use them at later time? 

1h sword -

Never mind, he was actually picking up some kind of club.  May be an olympus weapon because he just out right smashes that guy across the map.  I thought it was a 1h because he uses it as such. 

Box open -

I know, the boxes look so weird now. 

Characters -

I know you didn't mention this, but I do notice a lot of really familiar armor pieces.  Mainly helmets because no one is wearing armor. 

Are these actual "characters" from each side that you can pick?   That'd be kind of lame, I'd prefer to be a no name gladiator competing in 'gladiator games'

I hope armor becomes customizable beyond the armor suits we've seen in the last game.  If we can just switch back and forth between GoW 3 skins that'll really take away from the experience I think..

Message 78 of 185 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Jun 15, 2012

>WW

World Weapons.

>chain case

Those are not the chain blades.  That is a L1+s special for one of the 2H Sword cases.  The chain blades are the BoC and they are WW to pick up around the map as a secondary tool with only simple attacks assigned to circle.

>smashes across the map

The club is a WW and has no alignment that we are yet aware of.  They seem to be free of that system entirely.

>didn't mention it

Oh, but I did.  Morpheus Armor (minus the glowing) with Phantom of Chaos' helment.  Hercules.  There are still more to be seen and identified from our past, to be sure. Dont be too surprised if Dominus ends up as one of them.

>characters

Nay.  Just a default mold with special armor from what we are led to believe.  Anything they make must fit over the Kratos model.  The likes of Hercules certainly would not play to this.  We've seen some of the noted and their body types do not match ours (Theseus and Perseus).

>take away

Cannibalizing to save on time, effort, resources, etc. was expected.  They already lost time by redoing Kratos from 'the ground-up'.  Re-using familiar foes would save more time and yet they opt to make some unnecessary amendments (bastardizing Satyrs, Elephantaurs *stinks of Persian*, etc.).  I'm not all in on these changes.

Message 79 of 185 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 15, 2012

So, we see some preset armors from GoW 3, then you mention we might see some other characters?  You said you saw characters that don't match everyone else's body type..

I just want a dang beta already.  We've seen a lot, but so much still seems like a mystery.  Even with a beta, that doesn't mean what we play is the final product.  They could still add more weapons and such afterwards. 

EDIT:

Not too happy about hearing that MP will be taking away from the SP...like they promised it wouldn't.

Message 80 of 185 (164 Views)
0 Likes