Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas (last updated 5.31.12)

Jun 3, 2012

I'd like to think that a few of those points are arguable, but I agree with you for the most part. My imagination got the better of me, if there were too many Gods to 'customize with' there probably will be balancing and usage problems as evident in Uncharted 3's early months of launch. And about Neptune, my bad I got confused, but the potential may be there for some sort of cyclops incorporation out side of your standard team/death match, capture the flag, elimination, or any generic multi player affair. Perhaps a co op arena, objective mode or a new mode altogether. That tickles my fancy.

Message 50 of 185 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5578 posts

Jun 3, 2012

Co-op is something they've shot down in early talks.  As for later, we shall see.  It is the opinion of most fans that SP only is best, but a simple co-op through the SP would have sufficed as a 'reach out'.  But competitive MP is here just the same.  Co-op somehow skipped over.  A curious thing.

Message 51 of 185 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jun 4, 2012

Well I can understand because not everyone can do co-op very well.  co-op would be a lot harder for a game like GoW, and I can understand why they wouldn't want to put it in. 

Message 52 of 185 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Jun 4, 2012

They didn't rule out co op altogether, Pappy said that split screen may not be in the final product because he would like the 2 players to share one screen to make it seem more like a single player piece. This game doesn't have a realse year yet, let alone a window so it can go either way at this point. Regardless, as long as it's as good as they promised it will be, which I have not doubts about, I will play the sub atomic particles out of this game!

Message 53 of 185 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5578 posts

Jun 4, 2012

>split-screen

I remember this foolish ruling well.  Also, the lack of offline is all too curious.  This whole feature dies with the server so it is on borrowed time in a bigger way than the SP proper.  Also, subject to lag, disconnects, etc.

>co-op not entirely ruled out

Maybe.  Maybe not.  A special mode for it is not advised.  Just letting another Kratos run around in SP would suffice.  Or maybe co-op in the SP with bots and perhaps more monsters running about.  Whatever.  MP proper has distracted from SP far too much already in existing at all.

>as they promise

Does not happen.

>exaggeration about amount you'll play it

Oh?  If you stick around during the time of release, I shall be quite interested in seeing this happen.  Maybe helping you remain true to your word.  Perhaps our defintions differ though.  What do you imagine qualifies as what you describe?  Enough to Plat?

It is chaps like myself that tend to play a considerable number of times through (the SP *also challenges to a lesser degree with lots of Arena usage*).

Message 54 of 185 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Use your imagination man . I'm probably going to platinum this and stick around for the multi player. And there will be offline multiplayer, I recall reading it when the game's multiplayer was first released in an interview with the PS Blog.

Message 55 of 185 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jun 5, 2012

VoteKratos wrote:

Use your imagination man . I'm probably going to platinum this and stick around for the multi player. And there will be offline multiplayer, I recall reading it when the game's multiplayer was first released in an interview with the PS Blog.

offline MP?  Nice, SSM's already doing things right. 

Message 56 of 185 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jun 6, 2012

I'm really excited to hear about some of the MP features in GoW: A.  I'll get around to changing some stuff around (and adding some stuff) as soon as I have time.

Message 57 of 185 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5578 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Vote: >imagination

That hardly answeres the question.  I've got run plans:

-Normal (vanilla)

-Challenges

-VH (vanilla) *more than likely having the Plat by the end of this run though it could have been done after the challenges if I started on Hard*

-joke runs (costumes and such)

-VH NUR+

-VH PAIN+

-VH NGR+ NUR+

-VH NBR+ NUR+

-Arena testing (damage values, percentiles, tactics, custom challenges, etc.)

-Weapon focused challenge runs *and other such diversions focusing on a single tool/mechanic*

These sorts of things are what I do for any given entry.  What else is done depends on the extras offered.

>Plat and MP

And if the Platinum doesn't require you to clear VH as in the past...?

>offline MP

Offline was shot down early on.  Whether it is allowed for or not remains to be seen.  Co-op got the same treatment (also splitscreen).

EDIT

Well, well, well.  What do we have here?:

0:00 L2 to escape combos and heal?  What?  L1+s for some manner of Hammer hit.  L1+t for what looks like the AoE Hammer hit.  Not surprising.  No L1+o or L1+x moves listed.  L2 is a heal option...is this covenant related or something?

Seems this is Trojans versus Spartans.

0:03 Bonuses?  I suppose that is something like what you wanted, GoldHawk.

0:05 Oh look, he knows how to block.

0:06 Looks like a parry.

0:07 A spinning move for L1+s?  Imagine that.  Was that an unblockable or did the opponent let him land that?  It apparently stuns (big f***ing letters saying so).  This strikes me as some MMORPG sort of 'cooldown' on specials.  So long as that's not part of the SP, this is fine.  These guys aren't Kratos afterall.

0:09 R1 to execute?  Why not circle to OS or L1+O for the 'snare/tether' (CG variant) to pull into it?  This is an odd call.

So do green orbs not heal instantly and you have to store them up and pick when to use them or something?

0:12 I see.  So the heal/escape is a special that has cool down.  If L2 is taken up, I suppose items aren't part of the MP experience.  Magic would be R2 as in GoWIII if I had to guess.  I don't see it noted with cooldown or a meter for it though.

0:24 Letting you know where chests are apparently.

0:26 So it maks you leap into the air for the L1+t special?  It does indeed cause a launch (as clearly denoted in green text).

Seems L1+s was blockable afterall.  That's to be expected.

0:28 Amusing.  The enemy L1+t I'd imagine.  Knocked him back (stagger) then blasted him again with the splash (knockback).  I wonder if there are any collisions possible in the MP.  Ally to ally (friendly fire caused by enemies), enemy to enemy (cause by allies/you) or ally to enemy/enemy to ally (hurting a foe but causing an ally damage too *reminds me of the Translator of Lahkesis*).  I'd like it quite a bit if this were the case.  Means to harm allies.  But then, I'm a mean spirited chap.

0:30 Did he quick recover?

0:32 2-on1.  His death was expected.

0:38 Amusing lock-up clash (as in Ares2).

0:40 Apparently R1 is the 'grapple' in the MP (if not in the SP as well).  Blockable too. Hints and respawn count after death.

*suddenly power outage...luckily the system remembered where I left off last*

0:45 Respawn point seems safe.

0:49 Chest looks silly.

0:52 He goof'd.

1:14 Use EXP orbs to win the match?  Goal of 5K makes some sense now.

1:23 MP dispenser?  Odd.

1:30 Zeus Sword user is doing all sorts of flipping about nonsense.  I'd imagine the CoC looking move is L1+s with the launcher as L1+t.  Seems intuitive enough.

1:32 Not so easy to interfere in the the fights of others if certain moves have i-frames.

1:53 Circle mashing to win is it?  Does it give favor to he with more HP?  If not, mashing would be to the advantage of those with a certain sort of controller or some 'talent' for the mashing (which I have).  Our boy seems to have the Ares Hammer.  Or maybe it is Hades.  Moves come off more as Ares' territory and the Cerberus is a GoW Ares symbol though it is more often linked to Hades proper otherwise.

2:05 Poseidon Sword user might have used his L1+t for a bounce.

2:08 Block breaker announced.

2:10 Glitch?  Ah, so perhaps this was the Hades Hammer afterall and this would be his spell.

2:25 Seems everyone gets the L1+X (I presume) boot special.  Amusing trap use.

2:29 What the Hell is this?  Some super guard?

3:00 Hmmm?  That's not the 'Spear of Olympus'.

3:35 What the Hell?  BoC in MP?

3:52 't,t,t' done with circle mashing or is this the real deal he can suddenly use for having done some objetive or what?

4:02 HP orb dispenser.

4:27 There it is.

4:48 He lace up his Nike's or something?  What's with the sprint?  Some new option for when you sheathe weapons?

5:00 Sure is a lot going on right now...

Seems like the Zeus Sword spell was an AoE.  Maybe the other lightning one was Poseidon's afterall.  Large bubble.  Maybe it was higher level.  Hard to say.

5:11 Looked like one guy used the 'grapple' to pull himself into an air OS on another guy.  Still not seeing anybody using OH (or alt.OH) yet.

5:15 Evade counter?

5:16 Looks like he grappled, pulled himself in and used the mount (Hyperion Charge) from GoS.  Glad to see it return.  Hopefully Kratos has it in SP (don't see why not).  Too bad the hammerfist took so long (did he charge it or is it just slower now for balancing?).  *looks again* Ah, random button press.  So did the player pick that attack and the other pressed the button in time to counter it or do both have it pop-up and he who presses first wins the mini-game?

>Trojans win

Heresy.

EDIT

I suppose the spell used could have been an Ares spell if it was a TELEPORT (like he used in our fight).  Hadn't considered that in the original post.  The toss from earlier was a club special.  So there are some simple items that get dispensed here and there I take it (club, BoC, etc.).  Interesting.

3:59 So were those boots of Hermes he passed up and some other guy used to sprint or what?

Parts of GoWIII costumes seem to be recycled here aside from showing the finish of Polyphemus.

0:46 Game tips on (telling the obvious).

Noticed the evade this time (Cestus-like).

0:57 So is that the normal parry for MP or is that a special move that parries?

0:10 Ah, so they were the Boots of Hermes.  Regular move is a sprint and the special is likely the charging launcher.  Hopefully they work in Apollo's Bow and some other toys for 'temporary' tools.

Looks like he did an air L1+O into OH.  Hard to be certain.

0:22 Looks like he can attack back afterall.

0:38 He got caught with an OH it looked like.  That or grapple into some manner of option select for a non-finisher (grab damage).  Getting caught out of a jump AND a roll off a ledge?  The latter is a bit much perhaps.

0:46 This guy is grab happy.  Grapples into mount, but it amounts to little.  Didn't see a RBP this time.  Odd.

0:53 I suppose he tossed his weapon away from the air to get rid of one foe, but the grab happy chap caught him again (this time grapple into air OS).

1:00 He will not let up with the grabs.  Mounts for a light punch then curb stomps him as the finish.

1:20 Some sort of quick lift.

~I trust you'll be analyzing MP footage too, GoldHawk?  I intend to study it and SP coverage for ideas about how they work as per usual.

Message 58 of 185 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 7, 2012

I wish they would have shown this during the Sony E3 conference. Great job SSM team! This looks soooo good. Very excited to play this. This has so much potential that I can see.

I could see some:

• tag team executions
  • every man for himself
  • last man standing (skeleton horde endurance mode)
  • Laestrygonian MP power-up. (I want to eat rival players)
  • Beast Mount Mode
Message 59 of 185 (167 Views)
0 Likes