Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas

May 4, 2012

stop with the freaking ANNOYING quoting man!

no one cares about your opinions on people's suggestion!

It's not as if Santa Monica will pick up the ideas or are clueless and waiting for fans to make up ideas to better the game.

Obviously some ideas that make sense might be picked up in the game, it is not guranatee that they will end up there. So stop with the bullcrap quoting, it's hurting my head and the viewers head!

I can understand if someone wants to critic an idea, but must you critic and quote every single idea?

This is getting annoying and I think I won't bother contributing to this post.

Just post your idea, someone critic "why it may work or not", fix and come up with more ideas.

you don't keep quoting and putting opinion in all ideas.

Anyway they said they are thinking about the Hoard mode.

but I do hope we do get a horde mode. Basically 2 player co-op take on enemies.

Also another to the Game Mode is Kratos Must Die.

Basically all 4 players will have to work together to take on Kratos himself.

Again much like NG3's multiplayer when Ryu invades the Clan Battle.

black...
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 185 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5452 posts

May 4, 2012

>not starting with capitals

Oh my.

>stop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLyyik7OKhE&t=7m7s

>freaking

Dohohoho.

>he calls it quoting

Sometimes you can just too hard, friend.

>!

Calm your nips.

>no one cares

It only takes one to bring this absolute down absolutely.  You're far too careless with your wording, my boy.  Stick around.  I'll teach you good and proper.

>people's suggestion

Awkward wording.

>not as if

That's exactly the case.  They desperately need guidance.

>needs guarantees ideas will be implemented or even seen ot denote them

You are small time.

>with the 'various asterisks'

Are you even trying?

>every single

That is false.  The proof is in this thread.

>getting annoying

Are you trying to say you're upset about something, chap?  What could that be?

>must I

Yes.

>won't bother

How single minded can you be? *hohoho*

>you don't

I do as I please as it pleases me.  Also, it is important to have back-and-forths when doing this sort of thing, dear boy.

>Hoard mode

Neat.

>2-player

As an option sure, but I'd rather do it alone.  I don't need anyone's help.

>Game Mode

>G

>M

Why are these capitalized?

>Kratos Must Die

>not a higher setting with even more aggressive foes who can trigger a 'rage' of their own with some new moves, more HP, more damage, etc. when HP is low

Whelp.

>fight Kratos

Fear Kratos did this.  I can stand a repeat, but make it a challenge (not online multiplayer stuff).  Honorable one-on-one combat as is proper.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 185 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

May 4, 2012

Blackxino wrote:

stop with the freaking ANNOYING quoting man!

no one cares about your opinions on people's suggestion!

It's not as if Santa Monica will pick up the ideas or are clueless and waiting for fans to make up ideas to better the game.

Obviously some ideas that make sense might be picked up in the game, it is not guranatee that they will end up there. So stop with the ******** quoting, it's hurting my head and the viewers head!

I can understand if someone wants to critic an idea, but must you critic and quote every single idea?

This is getting annoying and I think I won't bother contributing to this post.

Just post your idea, someone critic "why it may work or not", fix and come up with more ideas.

you don't keep quoting and putting opinion in all ideas.

Anyway they said they are thinking about the Hoard mode.

but I do hope we do get a horde mode. Basically 2 player co-op take on enemies.

Also another to the Game Mode is Kratos Must Die.

Basically all 4 players will have to work together to take on Kratos himself.

Again much like NG3's multiplayer when Ryu invades the Clan Battle.

black...

I understand where you're comming from, but I like the advice he's laying out there.  He's come up with a lot of cool ides, even though it takes me a couple hours to read, interpret and respond.

He keeps the thread going to, along with helping me with my ideas and such.  He's a hardcore vet (he seems to know all the names of the weapons, combos, magic and remember every single event that has happened in GoWs history) so I'm accepting of his advice.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 185 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

May 4, 2012

I'll get to this one slowly too (might post before I've actually replied to all of your sections)

Here we go -

Agreed, I enjoy long talks/arguments as long as they're some what respectable.

Lame Animations -

Yeah, I heard GoW didn't use the same kind of system that Uncharted did (motion capture) but I still think Animations in GoW 3 looked awesome, except for the first level...if you watch the scene in GoW 3 where he goes to kill poseidon, he walks really awkwardly.

Shield -

Yeah, 100 damage was just an example I'm not really expecting it to be 100 damage, but was just an example to show the damage reduction on the shield. 

It all really depends on what they do with the armor, whether they make it just for show or whether it'll really protect you from attacks.  I have no idea right now but I hope we get some info on it soon, it'd help out some of my armor ideas. 

For the shield, I think ti should just a little bit, maybe not a whole lot but something, and in which case the damage/range/roll should all scale to what they're going to do with it.  If they're going to have high defense then the rest would all have to be low to compensate for it, if it's low then they'd have to go medium for the rest to compensate.

If armor that you wear does contain stats, it should (obviously) start out low and scale with level, rank, etc

As for blocking, I don't think every weapon should be able to block 100% of the damage...say you're dual wielding and get hit with a heavy attack from a hammer (the strongest weapon in the MP) and you blocked ALL the damage, that'd be silly (though they probably won't make it so you block 100% of damage if it's an extremly heady blow)

Stamina bar-

Do you mind showing me the site where you got your information because right now I feel like I don't know jack.

I don't think we should feel as powerful as Kratos, where we can block all attacks and such in the MP, because that might ruin the experience...say there's one guy left and he just blocks the whole time, and the enemy team is low on magic...so he can sit there and just block the whole time making the match really irritating. 

Upgrading -

Understood. You have great input. 

Ares -

Yeah, Ares1 hammer flamethrower is a good idea for some fo the "push back" spells, rthare than just having every push back spell be a wave of damage that makes them fly back.

Hades -

I figured they should just slap around and cause people to slow down rather than grab, because it'd be annoying when they get grabbed, any enemy can come up and abuse that like crazy.  Just have the AoE grab someone and then the whole team walks right up and beats him senseless. 

Bow attunement -

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea, people would probably side with Zeus more because the bow is unblockable...though poseidon's idea is pretty sweet too, just continually arching...but then that'd probably mean that their regular damage would get nerfed a bit because they could use that as a DoT (damage over time) and it'd be extremely high damage.

Special random boxes -

I love that idea still.  If they don't add anything else to their game, and just add this I'd still be one happy camper. 

Leveling -

As long as they keep level 100 special (or their last rank in general) like a really special weapon, armor, spells, rank name etc...all kinds of stuff WORTH leveling up there, then yeah the trip to the max level should definitely be difficult.  I'm all for extremely high exp for the last rank as long as it's worth hitting that level. 

Objectives -

Agreed

Alliance Rivalry -

It's more like a feeling of patriotism for one's Alliance really.  They did something similar to this in gotham city impostors...there are 5 gangs and which ever gang wins the most and gets the most kills gets a higher % (the % is based on how much "land" the gang owns, and it's increased through members doing well)

They did a good job of this, but could be so much better. 

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 185 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5452 posts

May 5, 2012

Based on a French video:

">Cyclops mini-boss

That is just a Berserker. They've been around since GoWII.  They could be ridden by Beast Lords (we need this foe back to ride them and Cerberus Mongrels).  GoWIII let us ride them.  Having it work both ways would be neat.  But this is the MP we're talking about.

>statue

Looks like a proper Sphinx. I've seen a SP area with a MP character by a Griffen statue (we've had those before but GoWII had them for an on-rails bit and GoWIII failed to bring them back, but as on-land foes with a proper moveset while also being able to fly around *like in Dragon's Dogma*).  The MP area shown is that same area...that was confirmed to be SP. So consider that an early look.  I'll say now that statues don't usually end up showing what we will face in the game though (GoW1 had a Chimera, Atlas, etc.).

>noting Smash Brothers and NGIII

>visceral combat

>visceral

Mother of God...

>unlock labors/challenges

What's all this?

>5-7 arenas for MP

>smaller ones stated to be pulled from GoWIII or SP of Ascension

Oh?

>lightning special

Still not sure if that's Zeus or Poseidon in terms of covenant.

>wall climb

Uncharted...and definitely not as 'natural' as said title.

>weapons

The guys I'm seeing can have at least two per character.  That Hammer hit switch came fast and caused a huge knockback.

One guy had a Mario Brothers Hammer toss for an AoE explosion that downed the target.  Another used a MotK that caused a Lance of the Furies style shockwave that looked like AQ and caused a launch.  The 'hammer bro' (toss) then used an OH not unlike what was in CoO/GoS for some foes (pulling you into the air to beat on the target).  One guy's Hammer swing extended out of chains...The seeming 'CG" I'm seeing has only been used for OH or ground OS (on a foe ready for grab killing) so far.

No signs of a true chain weapon.  Just Hammer and Sword.  The 'trident' might have just been a three pronged 'sword'...or something we get later on in MP.  I get the feeling we really have only seen two weapons in MP so far then.  Hammer with the four forms and Sword with the four forms (each tailored to the god you serve).  This besides the Spear of Olympus."

I'm guess the Hammer toss ground special is the Zeus Hammer, The air MotK is the Ares Hammer, The Shockwave is either Zeus/Poseidon Blade *still can't call it*, Chain swipe Hammer is probably Ares (though Hades had a 'chain' weapon too), etc.

---

GoldHawk: >takes time

Just part of the deal.  Lots of investment to get anything out of these sorts of things and much of it will be for nought.

>hardcore vet

What gave me away?

>knows all

Maybe not all by heart, but I know these things quite well.  Better than most vets I'd dare say.

>reply before getting to everything

Noted.

>animations

They were quite good in most cases despite not having mo-cap.  The wall climbing in the MP looked very raw.  Likely not even close to finished though.  I've seen them do better with their old system (Hermes chase showed this off).

They do indeed have some funny ones here and there even when the main team handles things.  Outside that, you can noted things like the handheld run animation (pretty silly).

>Shield

I'm aware it was an example.  Merely noting how values tend to work in GoW (for reference).

They note the armor/gear is tied to perks with weapon specials tied to the gods you work with.  Not much beyond that.  The more info you have to work with, the better you can keep to the 'flavor' they are going for.  Even while doing that, you still reserve the option to disagree with choices (no local co-op/MP or offline just yet).

The high defense and moving/attacking block is offset by range/damage potential with the weapon chosen.

Indeed I'd like them to try less than 100% blocks, but this leads into hardcore territory GoW isn't about.  Like with stamina management, blocking hits only if guarding in the exact right direction without the attacking from above/below, elemental hits working around purely physical guard, etc.  I don't see them going crazy with it.

>Stamina

Which site?  Various videos.  The French one was from their biggest gaming site (that I know of).  Couldn't understand a word other than what Papy was saying and the names of Greek Gods (though they weren't pronouncing the H's at all).  It was easy to study the MP (and more of it) with their player despite the pause not being very helpful.  YT has all that I've seen.  Even GT, IGN, GS, etc.  IGN had an article with the talk that concerned you (SP spoilers *though small*).  Which in particular did you want a link to?

They already note a worrisome rock, paper, scissors idea with what would be light (blockable), medium (guard breaking) and heavy (unblockable) hits likely also being quick/good range, moderate and slow/strong/lesser reach.  That's just guessing though.  They are trying to make an effort about turtling, but I've not seen anyone guarding attacks or having their guard shattered/ignored just yet.  Not really much use of evades either.

NOTE: This being because the players are pretty terrible (they're in new territory so that's expected).

One of the more interesting MP exchanges had two guys going after one with the lone fighter trying to run only to get hit with a hammer toss (as he tried to jump the AoE caught him) downs him, he swings at the other guy *at his rear now* only for the guy to leap over the hit for the MotK which either hits or he jumps over *more likely the former for a launch* and the hammer tosser is in position for OH (ground-to-air grab) that acts like CoO/GoS cases that would pull us into the air to slam the target out of an OH (usually just air OS does this).  This brought the double teamed fellow to QTE (light over head) and the guy who got behind him uses a ground OS that only just looked like a chain attack to do a grab kill.

NOTE: I consider this a sample 2-on-1 tactics handled well.  I doubt the hammer toss or MotK were blockable moves.  He was likely in a lot of trouble there.

>Ares

Flamethrower might be too good without nerfing the damage per hit a bit (still strong).  It should remain blockable, but like the real thing...hit or block...you are going to be sent way back.  Being able to turn while it is active would be great.  Though as a special it might be just a bit much for MP (even SP as a MAX ability).  Perhapsas a spell tied to an Ares Hammer sufficiently upgraded to be qualified for such an annoying and effective ability (keeping groups of enemies away, pushing them to traps, etc.).

>Hades

Indeed grabs would be a bit much.  Slaps are decent for harassment/distraction rather than serious damage unless they forget how to block and stand aroudn to take hits in a field of arms.  It is just more for putting targets at a disadvantage, catching them by traps, blocking off escape/approach, etc.  If the 'escape' animation had i-frames, they would be safe in that moment until surrounded by said team of players waiting for him to come out of i-frames (all too patiently).  Of course, if that grab happened over a trap, he's likely a dead man already.  Someone will pull the lever while he tries to escape and i-frames won't save you from that sort of thing.

>Bow attunement

Indeed Zeus' version is a simpler deal.  To clarify, I'm thinking of the bow item of GoWIII and how it worked.  Simple shots would be basically the same between gods only maybe having slight damage, shot cost, range, speed, etc. differences beyond the cosmetic.  The charged shot would be what has special properties.  Zeus' shot taking more meter, slightly more charge, etc. for a simple, unblockable hit that tanks through targets (like DR).  Poseidon's case being a sort of crowd control measure.

Bow shots for an 'item' (rather than a spell) would only be 0.5-3 damage range.  I'd expect no less than 0.5 per hit and no more than 3 per hit.  GoWIII's version was 2 per hit (Apollo).  TB of GoWII was from a monster of a Titan and it was a spell (5 damage for 4MP).  Again, firing rate, cost per shot, shot travel speed, damage, etc. are small tweaks that could be made for basic shots to stand apart a bit and the charged one would really set them apart. 

Ares being 'fire' would make him simple (same as in GoWIII).  Hades could be using the green fire used by Underworld deities, the purple crap he uses (maybe the charged version causes *forgive me for saying again* souls/legions/flicks to spontaneously appear to harass that target or nearby allies of his).  Like Posedion and Zeus could easily be too similar, Hades and Ares could be in a similar bind.  We can't expect the "Inferno" to hit human player and make them flail around while spreading fire to allies/enemy monsters.  Just make them burn over time (while being able to spread to their allies and monsters).  With Hades it might be okay to make it a stronger move that doesn't let them move around if it doesn't have 'spread ot others' potential and it cannot be blocked.  I don't know.  It's tricky work these things properly.

NOTE: I kind of fancy the idea of one version of the charged shot sticking to the target whether blocked or not (no damage of even a small sort if blocked *just 0.5-1 damage if it hits like this*) only to be a timed explosive *think NG incendiary shurikens* that can hit their allies if near them.  Now this is to say that when it explodes you could try to block and it would either fail (unblockable) or guard break the target (reason to charge at those you tag).  In NG, when stuck with these, you would use i-frames from grabs, evades, spells, etc. when the explosion was about to go off.

>special random boxes

That big on the 'super weapon' and 'super chest' cases?  They might just think about it if they're looking at 'Smash' as a peer...

>leveling

A worthwhile max is a reasonable request.

>Alliance Rivalry

It's just the sort of MP thing I'm not in sync with.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 185 (153 Views)
0 Likes
God of War Developer
24 posts

May 7, 2012

Hey guys, as one of the combat designers responsible for building the MP combat, magics, and allegiance stuff, I just wanted to stop by to say how much we appreciate the enthusiasm over god of war ascension!! There's a ton of great ideas in this thread, and based on what in reading here I think you guys are going to be extremely happy.

Please keep the ideas coming, the team is definitely paying attention, thanks again!

Vincent Napoli

Combat designer

Sony Santa Monica

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 185 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5452 posts

May 7, 2012

>combat designer

>for MP

That so?  Well, TC should have enthusiasm covered.  I'm only offering what I can based on my time with the SP system in the other entries (and other Action titles).  I'm not exactly familiar with MP beyond observation and such.

~I just wonder if SP suggestions will have any attention paid to them.  Perhaps a thread to organize pros/cons from previous titles.  Grievances.  Bits thoroughly enjoyed.  Good ideas that perhaps didn't pan out (excution or otherwise).  I suppose this is the place to share such things if they are to be seen at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 185 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

May 7, 2012

teclisen31 wrote:

Hey guys, as one of the combat designers responsible for building the MP combat, magics, and allegiance stuff, I just wanted to stop by to say how much we appreciate the enthusiasm over god of war ascension!! There's a ton of great ideas in this thread, and based on what in reading here I think you guys are going to be extremely happy.

Please keep the ideas coming, the team is definitely paying attention, thanks again!

Vincent Napoli

Combat designer

Sony Santa Monica

Sounds great!  Thanks for posting!

I could hardly contain my excitement for this game when I first say the MP gameplay... I started coming up with ideas. 

I'll try harder to come up with some clever ideas(eventually, when I have time..I've been trying to beat all the GoW games on the hardest difficulty and playing U3 MP).

Thanks again. 

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 185 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5452 posts

May 8, 2012

>trying to beat all the GoW games on VH

That's my territory, friend.  If and when you need tactics, tips, etc. ...I'm around  And at many boards no less.

~I'll see about making time for the SP thread in a day or so.  Main for evaluating the past entries more so than purely suggesting things for this SP, evaluationg what has been confirmed so far, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 185 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

May 27, 2012

I've been playing through GoW 1 and 2 on very hard and have been noticing a lot of weapons that I didn't mention in the OP.  I wonder if these would be possible to implement into the MP.

There's a boss on GoW 2 with a staff that has 2 blades on each end, and some of the monsters have tiny double bladed axes that could very well be large battle axes.

Weapon variety would be nice to see in GoW Ascension. 

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 185 (153 Views)
0 Likes