Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas (last updated 6.7.12)

Oct 12, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Yeah, I agree about the movie choice....not so good.

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't release a demo like they did with GoW 3...seemed like they released the GoW 3 demo pretty dang fast.

Actually, the GoW III E3 Demo didn't come out too much earlier as one would think. The earliest the demo was available was in late October. That's when GameStop gave out E3 Demo vouchers to customers who had pre-ordered GoW III.

Early copies of the GoW Collection had vouchers but the Collection didn't release until November 17th.

As they are doing with Total Recall, they had the E3 Demo available with purchases of the movie District 9 which was released December 22nd. Total Recall releases December 18th.

It wasn't until late February the GoW III E3 Demo was finally available to everyone on PSN.

Their time table is relatively the same except this time they don't have another GoW game/Collection to release vouchers for in November.

One interesting thing to note, is the PS Blog is saying keep an eye on God of War happenings on the 15th. Based on what they did with GoW III it could have something to do with the Ascension SP Demo.

Most people think it's going to have something to do with multiplayer announcement though and my guess that it is about the SP Demo is probably wrong.

But just thought I'd post to help show that they are (for the most part) keeping with what they did before GoW III released. Smiley Happy

Message 121 of 185 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Oct 13, 2012
>what they did before
Was already crap. Their (mis)use of online has not done them any favors regarding PR. The DLC, the patches, UEs/CEs, etc. It doesn't exactly make them look good. GoWII was their peak in terms of good will earned.
Message 122 of 185 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Wow, we aren't alone in the universe GMG.

@kb

Idk what I was thinking then, because I thought it was much, much closer to E3 when they let us play it.

As for the 15th idk about anything downloadable because the psn will be in maintenance until the 16th. So we'll probably get some SP and/or MP announcements.

I need to find some money for this game soon so I can fork over $80 for that sexy special edition GoW: A.
Message 123 of 185 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Oct 15, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

@kb

Idk what I was thinking then, because I thought it was much, much closer to E3 when they let us play it.

As for the 15th idk about anything downloadable because the psn will be in maintenance until the 16th. So we'll probably get some SP and/or MP announcements.

I need to find some money for this game soon so I can fork over $80 for that sexy special edition GoW: A.

I hear ya Goldhawk, it seemed the GoW III demo came out quicker to me too but I think it's just because it was so long ago, our minds are playing tricks!

About the announcement on the 15th, the SSM Twitter updated the date. The announcement looks to be happening the 22nd now (probably conflicted with the maintenance). Sorry for getting peoples hopes up! I was stoked for the announcement but one more week isn't too bad of a wait.

Message 124 of 185 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Goldhawk: >alone
PSU will liven up a bit around the time of the Beta. Small bump for SP demo (mostly my impressions). Release will provide about a month of activity (my projection). Try other places if you like, but it won't be much different (be it gow3forums, TUGOWU *GS* or even GFAQs GoW related boards).

>special edition
I've all but decided to pass on the special edition. I cannot (in good conscience) reward them for work that isn't targeted at me nor for for a high dollar version with a bunch of things I don't really want. It isn't marketed for me, so there's no reason I should give it money. I'll just get the basic version new (because I don't like to wait and let others get ahead of me with run work). I ended up having to worry about 'supply' issues last time anyway (regarding the 'ultimate edition').
Message 125 of 185 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 15, 2012

kb4983 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

@kb

I hear ya Goldhawk, it seemed the GoW III demo came out quicker to me too but I think it's just because it was so long ago, our minds are playing tricks!

About the announcement on the 15th, the SSM Twitter updated the date. The announcement looks to be happening the 22nd now (probably conflicted with the maintenance). Sorry for getting peoples hopes up! I was stoked for the announcement but one more week isn't too bad of a wait.

I heard about the announcement on ign first so it's not all that big of a deal.  I imagine it's going to be something kick **bleep** considering we'll have to download it.  I'm crossing my fingers for a beta or something. 

Message 126 of 185 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Time will tell. To win goodwill with me would take the likes of a SP demo coming soon (impossible thanks to their Total Recall shenanigans).
Message 127 of 185 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 24, 2012

There is a new trailer out for zeus. 

Apparently as zeus you get lighting spells (obviously), regenerate magic when you get a kill, and increase "godly power" for yourself and team mates, whatever that means.

Seems like Zeus is slightly a support type with the increased "godly power" (might be magic power) but other characters might have similar buffs. 

Message 128 of 185 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Oct 26, 2012

So I saw. Haven't had the time to give the usual breakdown what with working now. I'll probably get to it tomorrow. Probably. If not, certainly Sunday.

Message 129 of 185 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Zeus MP trailer

0:30 Overhead lightning spell.

0:32 Launcher into combo.

0:34 Special with 'lightning' cuts.

0:37 Lighting AoE (Shield).

0:39 Force Lightning.

0:45 Looked like it was going to be a cast of overhead lighting, but instead 'escape' came out. Curious.

0:46 Lame CoC variant.

0:50 So is their escape an attack or does the effect just show special properties for their escape? Perhaps more magic returns aside from just HP?

0:52 Dash spell. Likely not just evasive. Likely works in the air. Talk of means to regenerate magic and increase 'godly power' (whatever that means). The latter for their team as well (I call foul as Poseidon is supposed to be support class).

0:59 He says that despite the lack of us using bolts. This aside, it seems like Sith lightning has knockback at the end, which counts for more than the attack itself as I see it. Nice if it upgrades to arc to other people, has wider area of coverage, does slightly more damage, etc.

Good thing that was so short I was able to evaluate it in mere minutes. Time to go to work.

King Leonidas as GameStop exclusive pre-order content (MP costume)...not a good sign. Memories of GoWIII rush forward. I await news of still more of this.

0:22 Doesn't much look like Ares.  Also, 'ultimate warrior'?  Ares?  I think not.

0:40 Air MotK variant with fire AoE?  Didn't seem that good (also didn't land).  The Hades Champion seems to have purple souls around him along with a Hammer resembling the BK's (appropriate).

0:43 Getting slightly larger, losing weapons and having a ring of fire around you?  Odd spell.
  Gaining life with every encounter?  Every kill or what?

0:49 Boring CoC variant.

0:53 Skills and power grow with each assault?  What?

0:56 MotK mixed with DR.

1:04 Crap defense, high offense.  I get it.  Glass cannon rather than a tank.

1:08 Still more MotK antics.

1:10 That overhead spell again.

NOTE: Why did they re-imagine the look of Ares?

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/d97ij7/gt-tv-god-of-war--ascension

0:09 Some giant shockwave I can't fully make sense of along with a 'ring-out bonus'.  This in the new, smaller map.  *looks again*  It's Herc the Jerk.  So we're at the GoWIII boss Arena with Hercules while fighting others?

0:10 Rising Helios with a sword in a 'duel'.

0:24 Arena with statues of the deities one can serve.

0:55 A mess of things happening.  A parry, some manner of magic (green) aura, Hermes Boots (WW), an Ares special, launcher combo, etc.

1:01 at the cost of the core.  They get bored of making the game and improving upon it, so they bastardize it.

1:06 Simple combo into launcher to minor air combo.

1:15 So what is this?  Some self-healing Poseidon spell?

1:27 The nerve of this even being presented as a serious question . What idiots.

2:00 >social campaign

>social

What?

2:15 The MP character.  Who cares?  It's a blank slate like the rest of the 'champions' that kill each other.  He's non-canon and will have no weight in the story.

2:36 I take it the 'Ares Fireball' has been updated then.

2:48 Choose your deity time, is it?  Too bad they went and put in some non-Ares chap (why is he remodeled?).
  Why does Zeus have his 'fleece' counter when he only ever used it in GoWIII (and no time before this)?
  They've got Poseidon decked out despite his more skimpy outfight in GoWII/GoWIII.

3:15 The trailer from before.

6:02 Rushing right into the shoulder ram.  Not so surprising in the MP as we know L1+x is sprint and having that lead into a shoulder ram could easily come from a light attack input.

6:04 Green spell activation...

6:16 The none-too-often-shown teleporters at work.

6:22 Even has the aura on attacks.

6:36 Not sure why that Tether was broken.

6:58 SoO confirmed as Javelin variant for MP.

7:24 Example of game where Polyphemus is killed without ending the round.  SoO is lost after the kill though.

7:30 The guy with the BoC WW used CoC.  Is that really its discard option?

12:34 Satyr Grunts are quite literally re-skinning the Olympus Sentries...

NOTE: I'd like to think, besides the dispensers, this map has ring-out, enviro hazards (other than Herc the Jerk) and enemy AI (even if it has to be Satyr Grunts rather than a mess of Olympus Sentries being ordered to swarm players).  With so many of them, having Guardians and Legionnaires among the mix of waves would spice things up (along with Archers taking pot shots from above).

13:19 The SoO?  Really?

13:21 Guy using Spirit with the BoC WW.

13:24 Yep.  Javelin reskin is the SoO (likely buffed if only slightly).

13:28 Doesn't get them stuck long enough for free hits.

13:33 Exaggerated Hercules a bit, I see.  It's preferred he be a targetable foe to kill for bonus points too.  Also, I don't really care for 2v2.  Full deathmatch is more appropriate.  Both would be fine.

13:50 Casts the (Hades?) spell.  Apparently they fire off eventually.  I'd rather they be more like summoned swords with Vergil.

14:07 And now a fire aura.  Seems like each god will have their own 'aura' variant aside from more 'unique' spells.

14:11 But no magic cost to this 'spell' and used by the same warrior...not sure what this is just yet.

14:27 Some sort of deity chest.

14:30 Parried Herc.

14:40 Probably two unique maps, one basically from the SP, and two or three from older GoW entries (mostly likely just ported from GoWIII and amended).  Maybe more of the latter sort via DLC.

14:59 The huge opening in the rail certainly allows for ring-out, but I hope there aren't invisible walls above the tiny rails...

15:10 Dickish Ares players putting fireballs on you during dedicated animations and having the bomb go off just after coming out of i-frames...that makes the spell much less pathetic than previously thought.   Hmmm.

17:54 >January

Predictable.

>focus on the Beta

>on the MP

>over the SP

Honesty.

>still there

In smaller quantities, watered down by MP mandates, etc.  But still there.  Mostly.  Sort of.

18:25 You recover quickly after each javelin toss.  How nice for ranged spam antics.

18:38 Sort of looks like the SoO 'discard' rain has more hits.  Maybe I haven't seen enough of the Javelin doing the same though...

NOTE: Papy says, on his Twitter, that 'chapter select' will be in GoW:A in some capacity.  That along with 'day/night' weather, but no 'heavy weather' (visibility issues).

Message 130 of 185 (184 Views)
0 Likes