Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas (last updated 6.7.12)

Aug 28, 2012
Hey GMG, I see you posted stuff right around my b-day...I'll read it and post what I think.
Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 185 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

So far I like the video. I'm about 4 mins through and I like the guy playing, he whoops a lot of **bleep**.

One thing I don't like though is when the guy is trying to "capture the objective" it looks like it requires 2 players to do it...that'll mean you really have to work as a team because it seems like the guy's buddy isn't as good...meaning he might lose just because his team mate isn't as skilled.

wow guess the guy wasn't as good as I thought...he was doing pretty dang bad towards the end there haha... pretty quick match though.

Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 185 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Aug 28, 2012
>posted stuff
Just a few things, really. I've been keeping up, having a go with Papy, etc. The usual, really.

>capture
It is a one person job, but it can be a bother with the monster and enemies attacking.

>skilled
>then not so skilled
The other team hit their stride, it seems. Or maybe the beginner's luck wore off. Hard to say.

Regarding SP, have you kept up? Or was your stance one of avoiding spoilers (even of the non-story related variety)?
Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 185 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Sep 2, 2012

1:50 Nothing all that new, but it shows the speed of Hermes Dash then it getting stuffed by MotK.  Finally noticed the 'piqs' of magic (two) by the name of the character (which was confirmed to be the PSN of the player in the final build).

This is all I could find of the PAX build (which seems the same as GamesCom and E3).

Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 185 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Sep 3, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:
>posted stuff
Just a few things, really. I've been keeping up, having a go with Papy, etc. The usual, really.

>capture
It is a one person job, but it can be a bother with the monster and enemies attacking.

>skilled
>then not so skilled
The other team hit their stride, it seems. Or maybe the beginner's luck wore off. Hard to say.

Regarding SP, have you kept up? Or was your stance one of avoiding spoilers (even of the non-story related variety)?

I saw some talk about the bosses, but not too much about the story.  Sony really likes to try and sneak in story elements when I'm not expecting them..but when I saw the talk about the bosses I just had to see it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 185 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Sep 3, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:

1:50 Nothing all that new, but it shows the speed of Hermes Dash then it getting stuffed by MotK.  Finally noticed the 'piqs' of magic (two) by the name of the character (which was confirmed to be the PSN of the player in the final build).

This is all I could find of the PAX build (which seems the same as GamesCom and E3).

Yeah, doesn't seem to be too new.  Thanks for posting a video....though I'd much rather watch some really skilled players or actually get a chance to play it at this point.  When that one guy took on both of those enemies in that one vid...that was pretty sick I'd love to do that myself or see more fights like that. 

Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 185 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

Don't expect to see anything of remote value before the Beta, if you're holding out for some semblance of skill.

EDIT

More from PAX. *09/05/12*

0:04 Armor of Ares (L) with 3/2 (PR/MR).  Looked like the Cyclops Armor to me.  Odd.

0:05 Armor of Ares (H) with 5/1 (PR/MR).  That's more like it.  The Helmet certainly throws off the look (having it more Cerberus oriented would help), but the armor certainly reminds one of the Ares Armor.

4:10 Nothing new about this or much of what has been shown, but I always laugh at players who cast themselves off a **bleep** cliff using 'Inferno'.

5:06 I-frames while opening chests in MP?  Noted.

6:53 Kick against walls to stun?  The kick itself stuns, so is this an extra stun then?

0:36 L1+s for the Poseidon Blade (?).

Nothing of value.
Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 185 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Sep 17, 2012

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/wkxuar/god-of-war--ascension-pax-prime-12--multiplayer-customizat...

0:13 Armor of Zeus (Heavy) at 1/5 (PR/MR)

0:25 He's blocking my view of the other screen with another costume...

0:38 Armor oof Zeus (Light) at 3/3.  Sure are a lot of generics.  Perhaps the system should have been on a ten point scale with more to it than quick/slow evade and PR/MR. *perks for MAX aside*

0:50 This is info I already have.  At least, I think I have it.  Can't check on that thanks to GS being junk.  I'll just note it anyway.

Blade of Zeus

L1+s - Olympic Cyclone

L1+t - Bane of Zeus

Warhammer of Zeus

L1+s - Zeus Ascension

L1+t - Thunderous Triumph

0:59 Reckoning of Zeus

"Strike down your enemies with divine punishment from the heavens."

Sounds like that lame looking overhead thunderbolt spell.  I'd rather see a 'bolt', 'shield' or 'teleport'.

1:06 Olympic Judgement

"Release the power of Olympus from your finger tips and electrocute your enemies."

AKA Force Lightning.

NOTE: Neither of these are much like how Zeus uses his spells.

1:30 It would be wise to show that it is varied by giving us a hands on with this build and then showing details of the later build (with the other crap in it already).

2:20 Poseidon re-confirmed as healer/support (the medic girl). *hohoho*  Shield noted.

2:43 Indeed it is obvious.  Show me the stats, you clown.  Calling it fanservice is a bit much.  Definatley a good call.  Easy port for more content in a new entry.

3:28 So I guess I won't see the Hercules Armor stats just yet.  The cosutme looked like the heavy version (with armor).  The one with just the cloth would then be 'light', I presume.  As for this Skorpian attire, this heavy version has 3/3.  Woo hoo.  Light is 2/4.  Ares alignment controls it?  Certain monsters for certain goods then?  Always good to know the details.

3:44 Sword of Ares

L1+s - War God Ascension

L1+t - Battlefield Splash (?) *can't read*

Maul of Ares

L1+s - Wrath of Ares

L1+t - (?) of War

NOTE: Changed the look of the weapon.  Perhaps each 'armor' gets a different version of the same weapon (in appearance).

3:48 No new spell info.

4:33 That's swell, but I see no signs of visible change regarding their choice of SPELL.

Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 185 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Well unfortunately it seems like we're going to see only 2 weapons and very little armor. I was hoping for at least some upgraded weapons (say you have a starting weapon and it's extremely weak compared to the max level weapon etc.)

Going to wait for the beta instead of watching vids but the vids are here for any lurkers.
Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 185 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Sep 19, 2012
>two weapons
I'm pretty sure they confirm one more, but that might be DLC territory.

>very little armor
Very little difference in the armors beyond cosmetics. There will be a fair amount of armor from what I can tell. Perks will have to be the 'big' difference and we only know of one (HP total increase for Cyclops at MAX).

>upgraded weapons
They do upgrade (as with armor). Not sure about spells though. I don't think so. Whatever the case, it likely goes up to 3-5 in terms of level. Your character also levels (20-25 being MAX, I believe).

I don't imagine them bothering with match making for levels, so I can almost see a MIN and MAX player not having a world of difference between them. Whether I'm right or wrong remains to be seen. Balance just doesn't jive with Action though...

>wait for Beta
Still some time before that happens, if I recall right. Longer for SP demo wanting chaps like myself, I'd wager.
Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 185 (91 Views)
0 Likes