Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas (last updated 6.7.12)

Sep 20, 2012
Having 20-25 levels was a really bad idea, then again they might have a prestige system (which technically means more levels) which is an even worse option imo.

I'm sure there will be a difference between 1-20 it honestly wouldn't make much sense to even level if there wasn't some kind of drastic jump somewhere along the line. Random noobs being able to kill max level players like they are level 1s = not cool.

I would love a SP demo too, just please sometime before or after the beta because I don't want to be torn between the two.
Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 185 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5351 posts

Sep 20, 2012
>really bad idea
Yeah, probably.

>prestige
I don't know the MP system well enough to comment on such things.

>wouldn't make sense to even level
Maybe so. I just don't expect matchmaking based on levels or any meaningful benefits to unlocks, perks, etc. I expect an incredibly lazy failure, but I'm Negative Nancy and hold no affection for the mode to begin with.

>not cool
But possible even without traps considered.

>before the Beta
Won't happen.

>after the Beta
The Beta will continue for a good few weeks (PSN+ then regular PSN included). Beta phase is likely to come and go before the SP demo releases (around the time things go Gold and no changes can be made).
Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 185 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Sep 23, 2012
Prestige is what everyone copies from CoD (call of duty) where you hit the max level then you can restart back to level 1, lose all your upgrades, weapons, etc and have to level up again. It's a really cheap way of making the MP seem like it has depth...

lol negative nancy. I mean, I am too considering we've only heard about one level, one game type and two weapons. But I doubt they'd "fail" with a MP this small. Sure they might do some things wrong or something because it's their first MP but I'm sure they've got plenty of outside help.
Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 185 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5351 posts

Sep 23, 2012
>CoD prestige
I don't pay it enough attention to recall details.

>restarting levels
How silly.

>one level
I doubt we get more than one other MP unique level with the possibility for a 'boss'. Maybe another, smaller case with plenty of NPCs. But likely, two or three taken from SP.
Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 185 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Interesting piece of information here, apparently the god of war ascension E3 demo ships with the blu ray total recall movie.
Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 185 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5351 posts

Oct 12, 2012
>E3
It will be the GamesCom/PAX build.

>voucher
So I've heard. A fool's attempt to sell a s*** movie. They'll delay the PSN version a month or so for this ridiculous farce. They can't really expect much help from abusing the GoW fans again.
Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 185 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, I agree about the movie choice....not so good.

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't release a demo like they did with GoW 3...seemed like they released the GoW 3 demo pretty dang fast.
Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 185 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5351 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Not only was the film poor, but it is PG-13 while the demo is rated M. The two don't even share a similar genre. It would help if the movie wasn't terrible, but one can only play the what-if game for so long (and what's the point?).

>GoWIII demo release
It was pretty early by comparison at least. CoO was very early. GoWII was relatively early as well. I forget how things went with GoW1. GoS I don't recall so well.

It's so greatly delayed that the majority of fans won't be able to give feedback on that old build until it is too late to fix anything (the feedback won't matter). I'm constantly reminding Papy of issues with that build as I see them for that reason (things like OP stuns from CoO making their way into the system, meters filling too fast, heavier foes lacking unblockables and super armor, etc.).
Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 185 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Well, odds are they modified the demo for presentation purposes so you didn't feel like you were stuck for 10 minutes fighting one person in the really short demo.

Idk, When it comes to SP games I just leave it to the developer to call the shots. But MP is usually where people need help, especially companies that haven't done it before.

I'm hoping the beta extends from the whole ps+ thing into being an open beta. More players is always a good thing.
Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 185 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5351 posts

Oct 12, 2012
>modified for
Showing the HUD, having a more complete 'rage' system (not finished still), altering foe layout, adding more chests, adding more tutorials and completing the Fire Talos moveset.

>leave it to the dev
I don't. They clearly need guidance with all the f*** ups they've made in the past and in both demo builds. My money says they never attend the obvious bad design pointed out.

>MP
They're even more screwed here as there is nothing they can do to make it worth a **bleep**.

>Beta
That they make a joke out of it with PSN+ is proof enough how 'serious' they are about getting feedback. They **bleep** around rather than exposing it to the masses for much needed critique that could potentially limit the damages it will do.
Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 185 (109 Views)
0 Likes