Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5490 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas (last updated 6.7.12)

Jun 15, 2012

>other characters

Rather, their 'armors' molded to fit our form as with the old costumes.

>saw character not fitting body type

Not at all.

>so much mystery

I don't exactly agree.  Not with the 'sand' level anyway.  It seems pretty well covered beyond getting familiar with the layout.  General MP handling leaves some room for experimenting/playtesting though (obviously).

>add more afterwards

Or take away.  Mostly 'tuning' though, I'm sure.

>promised it wouldn't

They confirmed it would early on even if only in a very soft and unassuming way (slightly shorter).  They didn't have to tell us this for us to know it.  It is a natural result that was expected.

"There is a price to pay...for EVERYTHING you gain." - Ares

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 185 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jun 15, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:

>promised it wouldn't

They confirmed it would early on even if only in a very soft and unassuming way (slightly shorter).  They didn't have to tell us this for us to know it.  It is a natural result that was expected.

"There is a price to pay...for EVERYTHING you gain." - Ares

GodModeGOD

My issue is that I've seen a few interviews where he directly said it wouldn't take away from the story.

Though it is just "slightly" (whatever that may mean) the other games themselves are pretty dang short.  I was disappointed with Kratos's third adventure.  They had an epic story to tell of him climbing mount olympus, killing all the gods and titans and such, but it was like 8 hours long.  Maybe less.

I just hope it isn't too much time shaved off the already inevitable 8 hour adventure.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 185 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas (last updated 6.14.12) Now With a Trailer

Jun 16, 2012

One suggestion i have is that they change this:

http://i45.tinypic.com/20ap0fo.jpg

People with Turbo Pads will be unbeatable. I'd recommend having players spin the analogue instead.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 185 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Or shake it or something.

Great idea. 

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 185 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Jun 16, 2012

I'd also recommend a decent number of maps on the disc, at least 12 minimum. Anything under that and the game will struggle to hold peoples interest, especially when you have the CoD games which do sport an impressive number of default maps (within the range of 16-20 if i recall correctly). No one wants to feel forced to have to buy map packs to keep things varied, thats the kiss of death to your game.

Also, a high number of unlocks & options, but they alone wont stop people from getting bored (because people tend to stick to what they're confortable with rather then experiment). They need varied enviroments above all else.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 185 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jun 16, 2012

A variety in maps would keep players interested, but a variety in unlocks would keep people who are actually going to stay and play the game. 

As for maps, I don't think we'll see that many...these maps are so much more detailed than any other game.  Not every game has tons of death traps, gift boxes, multiple levels, giant wheels that you can spin and throw out light to symbolize your teams lead...oh yeah, and a giant cyclops in the background chained to the very map you're fighting on. 

They said they wanted quality over quantity and if they give us that, I'd take 2 really awesome maps, over 20 rehashed CoD bull crap anyday. 

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 185 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5490 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Goldhawk: >wouldn't take away from the story

And maybe it won't.  Story is sparse in Action anyway.  They can still have their little cutscenes spread just a little further apart.

>pretty short

Action games are always as such and indeed need to be.  They are meant for more hardcore players and GoW naturally perverts this by making them accessible to a bunch that would not replay multiple times (much less on harder settings to learn the combat system through and through *as it is meant to be*).  It is a niche interest that they took to the mainstream with success.  They are still walking the line for having done so.  Courting MP only makes this more troublesome.

>length of GoWIII

I was more concerned with the lack of delivery with Titans, targeting issues, design flaws (foes, tools, levels, etc.), reused areas, DLC exploitation, lack of post-release support (and taking away NG+ hardly counts as a pro), etc.  The length was fine.  The story was not.  Even GoWII did better (a fine case up until the time travel happened).

>shake it

Motion controls are out of the question. Rotating the analog or rocking it back and forth (same thing really) would suffice.

>unlocks are more important

Agreed.  A DLC weapon would help (inb4pay2win).  A HIGH level unlock of another weapon would be good bait for those who won't spend money.  Lots of different armors with different stats (and preferably different perks *faster special recovery in exchange for bad defensive marks as one example with another recovery escape/heal quicker instead*).  I'd like to think each covenant has at least two spells to its name.  Maybe a third via DLC and/or high level unlock.  If they are 'simple' spells, I can imagine them making as many as four per covenant.  Also possible they have a shared list instead of unique spells, I suppose...but somewhat doubtful.

Gekidami: >mashing

Turbo controllers are a problem, but some are just fast at mashing.  No way to know which you are dealing with.  Though "O" mashing is the more obvious choice, it is more exploitable.  On this we agree.

NOTE: I don't really care for the random-button-press solution to mounting.

>decent map number

No such thing as "decent' for an Action game.  This isn't an FPS.  Rules change.  There is no normal 'mold' to look to.  Seven is plenty enough as a start.  They might make a few DLC cases in the future.  No more than three I would guess.

>struggle to hold interest

Such is the way of the fickle who cannot bare to learn something intimately.  How they could hope to play the likes of CounterStrike when it came out is beyond me.

>they stick with what they know

Pandering to this lot has been their greatest mistake (to take a line from Zeus).

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 185 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Shake it -

That's what I meant, shaking the analog stick back and forth. 

Unlocks -

I really don't think they'd announce MP and leave it so plain.  2 weapons, 2 spells per covenant, a few armor, few maps... eventually somewhere they need to "go big" with such little choices EVERYWHERE there really wouldn't be much of a point to MP...it'd die pretty fast. 

Lots of people don't want to play this becaue it's a MP in a GoW game.  Not many people will buy it because it's a GoW game... so the pool is already small. 

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 185 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5490 posts

Jun 17, 2012

>can't be so plain

>first rendition of a MP for a SP oriented genre

You say that now.

Also, more room for DLC based growth.  Thus the CE to cover my ass.

>already small

Action is niche and MP for Action fans is even more so.  They are a SP lot by and large.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 185 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5490 posts

Jun 21, 2012

0:30 Cyclops Armor (Heavy), PR 4/5, MR 2/5

0:42 Cyclops Armor (Light), PR 3/5, MR 3/5 *why did this stat go up rather than down to 1/5?*

0:50 Mid-rank (10) Ares.  So this to say rank 20 is the current MAX?  The Hammer for Ares has him on it (doesn't resemble his GoW weapon at all).  I'd have figured it would be with fire, a cerberus head, etc. where Hades would get one more like what the Barbarian King used (being the comic canon champion of Hades).

1:00 Fully rank up Cyclops Armor for bonus 'health'.  Noted.

1:03 War Hammer of Ares

L1+s - Flames of Destruction *there is no way this will be flamethrower*

L1+t - Ares Defiance *unlikely to be Hammer time*

1:04 Blade of Ares *again nothing like what Ares used*

L1+s - Avenging Fire *Ares does not 'avenge'*

L1+t - Ares Rampage *don't suppose we'll be getting 'pillars'*

1:08 Tier 2 versions of each, eh?  Goes up to Tier 3, I imagine.

1:16 Fist of Ares - 'Fire from the sky' *some sort of 'meteor'*

1:19 Ares Inferno - Sky leap *likely the teleport special with overhead slam*

1:59 Probably a bad call, but I want to see Fist of Ares as I know I've seen 'Inferno'.

3:50 A trap that need not be timed?  Oh my.  Doesn't spring when you or your teammates go over it apparently.  I imagine the manual case will do otherwise though (as it should).  Hopefully a fool who wanders on the trap as an enemy triggers it will get burned too.

4:16 HAHAHA!  How like them to instantly be killed by their own trap.  Thanks for confirming it, bro *hohoho*.

4:38 Time limit rather than use based?  Not sure if want...

Charge attack (hold circle), air attack (circle in the air) *likely not air charge attack*, normal *no string it seems* and special (same in the air I imagine).

4:56 Not doing anything to refute my claims.

5:25 Launched by the Hermes Rush.

5:56 So is it actually a physical hit leaving a core or is it a fireball that leaves a core?  He used it in such close range, I couldn't tell.

6:25 A ringer? They must have an 'average GoW player' among the ranks of 'terrible at all games' staff for game sites and convention visiters.  A perfectly mediocre player will make sport of this level of player.

6:40 Died like a b**** again.  To his own trap.  L1+X for run?  So Circle with Boots (WW) was the dash, so what the Hell is the L1+O special going to be?  Does it have a charge move (might just be 'jest' as in GoWIII)?  The air version will obviously 'stomp' down into the dash.

8:21 So the L1+s for Ares' Hammer (FoD) is basically BH's MotK *shockwave*.  I imagine the air version goes straight down into it.  I'd imagine the air L1+t is the AoE version.

8:49 When stunned, L2 to escape.  Kratos can escape those by rolling as I recall.  Guess these boys aren't quite meant to measure up.

9:10 If you're close during the mount you don't have to worry about them mini-game escaping?  Odd.

10:25 Duly noted.

10:40 No kill/death/assist?  Just 'fight points', 'chest points' and 'altar points'?

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 185 (154 Views)
0 Likes