Updated 5.28.12

- Slight change to "custom mode" in game modes section

- Slight change to Cinema section

- Added Stats page section

- Added Quit penatly section

- Added "co-op" section in game modes

- Added Dynamic HUD/menus section

- Added Enhanced voting section

Sorry for the late response and took so long to update the thread!  I've been trying to think but I'm running out of ideas maybe seeing more game info will spark another brilliant idea or two. 

Message 40 of 185 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas

May 29, 2012

>GoW1 and GoWII on VH

So I've noticed.

>implement into MP

There is no reason we couldn't have BoO (sword), BH (hammer) and/or SoD (spear) given that said weapons are already in the game and would just need some tweeking to have those attributes.

Granted, they are not faction aligned per se.  As such, I'd only expect them as some sort of DLC if not a possession to give those weapons the properties of said tools.  I don't expect carbon copies though it would probably be for the best they didn't mess with them too much.

Artemis could be another (sword) case and it isn't a complicated weapon.  Reskin isn't too tough either.  The issue might come from, again, factions.  I don't see this happening in MP.

BotG is essentially Artemis with a mess more power (more than any other weapon) and alternate specials.  It would be great to use it exactly as it was in GoW1, but for SP NG+ in GoW:A.  It'll never happen though.

>Theseus

Homing bolt tosses and ice spike pillars, eh?  Minion spawn maybe?  Charge it up for better melee damage?

>Beast Lords

Charging guard break, spinning combo, etc.  I've taken a brief rest from the SP ideas thread.  I was going to continue with discussion (via edit) of tempoarary weapons taken from foes (if done from GoWIII as it was intended), but had to bow out for the day.  If I'm fine in the morning, I'll be sure to get back on that.  Hard to say what might happen.  If I'm in the clear, I should have another month or so before the next issue crops up and I have to try again to see what the problem is exactly.

>variety

I just don't see them making a mess of weapons unless they simplify them and there is some room for reusing animations/resources.  I'd expect no more than four types of weapons.

>updates

I'll re-read the first post later.

>inpsiration with new footage

Sounds about right.  Until then.

Message 41 of 185 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

May 29, 2012

It would be interesting to see BH, SoD, and BoO in the MP (mostly BoO) but they'd have to change the look of it I'd say.

I didn't like BoO in GoW 3.  RoS was really lame, and the spell for it was pretty cool looking but not used much.  (by me anyway) Whenever it showed the blade in GoW 3, it looked hella weird.  You could tel they didn't spend much time on it graphically.  Nor did they make a huge deal of the blade in GoW 3 (GoW 2, it was all about that blade, in 3 it was kind of just there)

That being said, it would probably be cool to see these weapons  in MP, maybe as top tier weapons (higher level unlocks) seeing remakes of these would be cool.

Message 42 of 185 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

May 29, 2012

>GoWIII BoO

It was the worst rage and a terrible weapon.  I've gone over this many times though.

>in MP

I wonder how they would do that outside a 'top rank unlock' (optional to use them rather than make your faction variation of the tools better).

Message 43 of 185 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 1, 2012

Updated 5.31.12

- Added "text chat" section

Lets see some more discussion going here people!  I know plenty of people view these boards!  Lets see other player ideas and other ideas for SSM. 

Message 44 of 185 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Jun 2, 2012

Tis' plain truth that many view, but those are lurkers.  Those that do talk aren't exactly much for the 'idea giving' thing.  Much the same with getting them to do VH and higher with the game's they profess to be "fans" of.

This said, I should be in top form by Tuesday.  For now, I'm still mostly resting.

Message 45 of 185 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Re: GoW:A Multiplayer Ideas (last updated 5.31.12)

Jun 2, 2012

I would love to see a few 'old' favorites come back in this game, like the spear of destiny from 2 and the Sword Artemis hands you in the first game. I wouldn't mind seeing the cestus either but don't make it look too similar to the pair in the third game to avoid plot confusion. Speaking of which, I think that there should be more Gods to choose from, perhaps some sub groups for us to experiment with like Hercules, Hermes, make us fight for the love of Aphrodite or make us Demeter's followers who have some kind of rivalry with Hades, the man who stole Persephone from her mother, Demeter. How about some of those unexplored Gods such as Neptune?! That way, you guys could incorporate Cyclopses into some kind of power, it would make sense due to his association with them. I would love to see some story ties but like Pappy said, don't stress them too much, we wouldn't want it to get too repetitive. Just a thought, sorry if you guys don't think that my ideas are any good but I just wanted to share. 

Message 46 of 185 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jun 2, 2012

Your ideas are pretty good, I would like to have a special power like "Wrath of Titans" on GOW2 (I think that was name) and a god battlefest sounds exciting

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/psn/1189198/0/1.png?RZeFnTtEIC

Message 47 of 185 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Jun 2, 2012

>SoD

Depends on just how much they have to this 'Spear of Olympus', I feel.  If t he super weapon is mostly kept to a boss killer not meant for proper combat, I don't see this panning out.  Certainly possible though.

>Artemis

BoO has a better chance.  I'd very much like to have Artemis back for its infinites, homerun techniques, i-frame abuse, etc.  Classy weapon that one.  Not many know enough about it to judge it properly.

>Cestus

Bah.  It would need improvements.  Sockem Boppers.  The giant oven mit (GoZ) was better realized.  I'd rather give a fast striking fist weapon a try instead of another slow and 'strong' case for stuns/knockback with armor break.

>Gods

>G

Hmmm?

>Hercules

Not a god.  Demi-god like Kratos.

>Hermes

What would be his flavor for each of the weapons?  Specials that are slightly faster?  Dashing moves?

What of Helios if we're to use second stringers?  Blinding special?  Fireballs making fire pools (temporarily stick around)?  Moves like Rising/Falling Helios or perhaps even taking inspiriation from Tartarus Rage variants (that aped the older moves in the name of the Sun god)?  The best perk I can imagine him giving would be a parry that does a short ranged 360 stun.  That would be amazing(ly broken).

We have a weakling like Ares (made to appear strong in GoW), while the truly strong and successful war god(dess) sits on the side lines?  It is clear enough why they would do this.  Too much work funneled into the MP.  Ares only gets included among the god kings because of his title and importance to the series.

Athena is his superior in every consideration save for needless bloodletting (even of followers).  But what would be the flavor for her moves?  Some manner of green energy?  Revealing hidden things?  Cute, but not exactly desired.  The gathering of hope, gifting of infinite magic with the rage (RotG) granted in GoW1, a crappy evade special *didn't need to be so bad as it was easily fixed*, two of the three 'blades' we've enjoyed (BoA and BoE), a parry with i-frames and simple counters.

What sort of flavor is this?  Perhaps if we had an idea of what they did with Ares (and more examples of her efforts in the GoW interpretation of her), we could make a flavor based on the opposite.  Tanking is more his style, but parries/counters and evade attacks seem to more often be her thing.

There was a special for the BotG in her name that was some flippy nonsense that reminded me of the "Troy" version of Achilles who had a move in GoW1 that was the only well liked evade attack with a good input for it chosen (doesn't conflict with our other attack options at all).  Perhaps favoring the ranged game.

Something like the Strength (s3) ender for AoS in GoS would be more associated with her than Ares as such.  This aside, the version of Athena in myth had the Aegis and often the thunderbolts of Zeus.  His favorite daughter often getting his toys.  Companion to Nike.  Gifted the head of Medusa by Perseus.  I'm unsure how all that could figure in.

Zeus should keep his thunderbolts (though I doubt he'll even grant them as a spell option), but the Aegis is usually pretty well associated with her and the head of the Gorgon Queen placed squarely upon it.  Plenty of combat potential with that, but we're looking to add flavor to a certain set of weapons that vary between the factions rather than special cases for each of them.

I wouldn't at all mind if Athena got to be the one granting petrification magic to followers with severed Gorgon Heads as that would really harass people not on solid ground and those that are would have to mind their surroundings.  It would be just antoher excuse to have a SP version (Stheno's Head).  And I'm all for this.  It's a tactical spell.  But then, maybe a bow type is more her flavor (Typhon's Bane having the most variety of any of them).

>Aphrodite

She's entirely useless in combat.  A mortal could slap her silly.  Had I half the chance in GoWIII, I'd have killed her.

>Demeter

The rivalry aside, her connection with weather would be desirable to work with (even if not exactly what she does).  Pity GoWIII asigned her role to Hera as with Apollo's stations *a few anyway* being given to Helios (Sun) *though he is the original as such* and Hermes (plague).

>Neptune

Roman name of Poseidon.  We're killing one of his kids (Polyphemus) as an objective.  GoW won't address this, I'm sure.

Message 48 of 185 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 2, 2012

Arkthur_us wrote:

Your ideas are pretty good, I would like to have a special power like "Wrath of Titans" on GOW2 (I think that was name) and a god battlefest sounds exciting

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/psn/1189198/0/1.png?RZeFnTtEIC

You can put that in your sig, so it doesn't take up spaces during your post.

But anyway, yeah I should have the L3 + R3 thing in here somewhere.  Might be really small and out of the way considering you couldn't find it. 

Hmm...gods interrupting matches or having a god brawl...interesting...doubtful but I'll add that in a sec. 

Message 49 of 185 (175 Views)
0 Likes