Highlighted
May 20 2012
By: tentou83 Hekseville Citizen 271 posts

GOW 4

7 replies 259 views Edited May 20, 2012

Why isn't this game on the other playstation systems, that what i want to see happen

Get your Portable ID!
Kimi To Iu Hana
Message 1 of 8 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Re: GOW 4

May 23, 2012

You mean, why isn't this game on the ps2 and 1?  Or the hand helds? 

Kratos is too complex to even fit on the ps2, so the ability for it to come to the ps2 is completely and utterly impossible.  Idk if the vita can stand this big of a game, unless the vita is way more kick ass than I thought. 

Message 2 of 8 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

May 23, 2012

Making crippled versions of the game is a waste of time.  Vista would have been less than ideal for a few reasons. I'm just surprised they didn't do that (surely it'll be ported later).  This isn't Gear of War (GOW) and not GoWIV either.  It's a prequel.  CoO and GoS aren't numbered entries either.  In GoW tradition, they get a special name instead.  Just a prequel that happens to be made in-house on the primary systsem this time.

Message 3 of 8 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
474 posts

Jun 15, 2012

dude GOW 1 and 2 are PS2 titles ? wtf u talk about ?

Message 4 of 8 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
865 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Do they stille make PS2 title? In any case it's a PS3 game that's why it's not on any other systems. If it were on PS Vita it would be watered down.

Message 5 of 8 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Jun 18, 2012

There could be a Vita version down the line.  We'll see.

Message 6 of 8 (259 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11355 posts

Jul 13, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:

Making crippled versions of the game is a waste of time.  Vista would have been less than ideal for a few reasons. I'm just surprised they didn't do that (surely it'll be ported later).  This isn't Gear of War (GOW) and not GoWIV either.  It's a prequel.  CoO and GoS aren't numbered entries either.  In GoW tradition, they get a special name instead.  Just a prequel that happens to be made in-house on the primary systsem this time.

Yep.  If you were to put numbers to every game it would look like this:

GoW0.5: Ascension

GoW0.75: Chains of Olympus

GoWI

GoW1.5: Betrayal (which you can't really find anywhere, anymore)

GoW1.75: Ghost of Sparta

GoWII

GoWIII

As for GoW:A, really, the only thing that would need to be watered down to work on Vita is probably some of the texturing and bitmapping, which probably wouldn't be needed for the 5" screen, anyway.  The Vita is a pretty impressive piece of kit, probably on par in a lot of ways with the PS3, but not quite as powerful (it still utilizes a mobile cpu/gpu combination).

Message 7 of 8 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Jul 13, 2012
>look like this
Bleh. Also, Betrayal is non-canon. GoS is pretty much immediately after GoW1, but slightly before GoWII. If Betrayal was attempted to be fit in the time line, it would need to be after GoS as he had not yet met up with his Spartan brothers to form an army yet (post-GoS, pre-GoWII).

On that note, comics and novel(s) are non-canon too. Completely disregarded by the primary source for canon which also retcons itself and creates continuity errors with each new director.

>not quite as powerful
I'm sure.
Message 8 of 8 (247 Views)
0 Likes