Sep 01 2012
By: pirateking1287 Lombax Warrior 129 posts
Accepted Solution

Furries, New Bosses for GoW Ascension Opionions

7 replies 505 views Edited Sep 1, 2012

So they finally annouced more on the single player aspect for the game showing the Main villians  called the Furries which are suppose to be creatures who take revenge on those who anger the gods, or thats what it seems like to me.  What do you all think about these creatures cause personally I never heard of such besides the small creature veriosn in older games.  

Message 1 of 8 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Re: Furries, New Bosses for GoW Ascension Opionions

Sep 1, 2012

Just saying for future reference bud, it's Furies. Not Furries. BIG difference hahaha!

Message 2 of 8 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5826 posts

Sep 2, 2012
>Furries
>Furry
What's all this now? Jokes aside, the Furies (Megaira, Alekto and Tisiphone) are late given their obvious relation to one like Kratos (they would be his source of nightmares driving him to suicide in GoW1).

We already knew they were among them main antagonists. Their purpose is to punish those that commit certain 'sins'. Things like the murder of family for instance. Higher offenses like betraying of oaths to gods is reserved for a related force (Nemesis), but they might assign that role to them as well (they've done as much in the past).

Their Greek name was used for a singular deity invented as a daughter of Thanatos (Death) in GoS. This being Erinys which makes for a curious case along with us eliminating another force greater than (and in this case older than) the Olympians and Titans.

There is no 'small creature version' of them in Greek Myth (or GoW), but they have appearances similar to Gorgons, Harpies and some other beasts of myth depending on the source. This one took inspiration from Ares of GoW1, it would seem (spider tentacle blade legs on the back for going full Doctor Octopus on people).

One concept art we saw seemed to be a deity and likely was one of the three sisters (the one from the first trailer), but we can't be so sure with the headdresses shown for the other two outlined Furies. Maybe it was Nemesis. Maybe it was one of the other two sisters without their helm. Maybe it was someone else or maybe it was a dropped piece of art afterall. Hard to tell.

I'm not too impressed with the design of this one, but find the other to be tasteful. I'd like them to have elements of Sirens (Intangibility, Energy Pilalrs, suction, homing blasts, Flying stun with MP drain, etc.), Wraiths (burrow attacks and teleport hits), Harpies (bombing, grabs, etc.), Gorgons (agile evades with quick counters), etc.

This and have them one-up the two-on-one boss fight of GoWIII with a three-on-one. That would spice things up considerably. I've elaborated on all this elsewhere.
Message 3 of 8 (495 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Not that I am saying Megaera is anything but Awesome looking. I however was disappointed. I felt that there was this lack of imagination behind the final depictation of her. She seem like a relative of Ares and I wasn't sure if they did this on purpose or if there is some connection between Ares having tentacles and the Furies having tentacles?

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 4 of 8 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 28, 2012
any link to what the bosses look like?
Message 5 of 8 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

Well you check here and you can see the monsters so far If you read the page it has other links to show the villains. The link may be broken it just takes you the website. Yet if you click on the Blog tab it would show you different articles so you can see what enemies have been reveal.

Edit. Okay I got the link to match the Megaera article. I think the extra http threw it off?

Megaera

Message 6 of 8 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Another thing is the face of Megaera is barely recognizable with the helmet. I feel that some of the earlier concept art was a lot better than what they left off with? Especially with the face that looks like its peel off!

Message 7 of 8 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5826 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Fresh: >relative of Ares
Brutal warfare, bloodshed, etc. seems to be her calling among the three.

>final look
I preferred some of the earlier ones myself.

Goldhawk: Haven't kept up, old boy?

http://www.gamespot.com/unions/TUGOWU/forums/29208930/tugowu-gowa-comprehensive-thread
Message 8 of 8 (377 Views)
0 Likes