Feb 14 2013
By: oo7PorscheMGS Fender Bender 3417 posts

Does God of War Ascension have a 3D mode?

23 replies 1832 views Edited Feb 14, 2013
I could have sworn they announced this game would have a 3D mode on the PS Blog, but now I don't see the "3D" symbol on the gamebox / art / cover of the game. My bro has a 3D tv and man this is one game that would actually be interesting to play in 3D. Just wondering if anyone here knows, haven't heard an answer about it, actually read someone on the PS Blog asking the same thing a while ago I figured I'd ask here.
Love art+tech made with a purpose... MGS is #1. Love all Naughty Dog games, The Walking Dead, Journey, Portal, Gran Turismo, GTA, Tomb Raider, FF, God Of War, Red Dead Redemption, Competitive player for 18yrs..Unreal Tournament + CounterStrike - and played Socom for 10+ years. Still waiting for Sony to listen to competitive players and bring SOCOM back...

= oo7PorscheMGS =

"Men do less than they ought, unless they do all that they can." ~ Thomas Carlyle.

Message 1 of 24 (1,832 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Re: Does God of War Ascension have a 3D mode?

Feb 14, 2013

AS QUOTED BY TODD PAPY ON THE PS BLOG

“For those of you with 3D-compatible TVs, you’ll be able to feel up close and brutally personal with Kratos as God of War: Ascension is going 3D. We are creating the game in an intelligent way for 3D and not just a converted experience.”

>> SOURCE>> http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/05/e3-2012-god-of-war-ascension-unleashes-on-ps3-next-march/

Message 2 of 24 (1,819 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Feb 14, 2013
The single player will be In 3d, the multiplayer will not.
Deadly force is authorized!
He he he.... That's all I needed to hear.
LIVE FOR JESUS, OUR HEAVENLY FATHER!
Message 3 of 24 (1,813 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3417 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

So why is "3D" not on the game box?  Weird...    Even the back of the game box of the collectors edition on Amazon doesn't say anything about 3D from what I see...    http://www.amazon.com/God-War-Ascension-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SXCQ6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qi...

Look at Sly Cooper in comparison... 3D right on the front.. like every 3D game I know of...

http://www.amazon.com/Sly-Cooper-Thieves-Time-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SXU3Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=136...

I have a feeling they took 3D out.... not a huge deal but I'm curious why, would have loved to see it in 3D too, one of the few games that would look amazing in 3D as well.

Love art+tech made with a purpose... MGS is #1. Love all Naughty Dog games, The Walking Dead, Journey, Portal, Gran Turismo, GTA, Tomb Raider, FF, God Of War, Red Dead Redemption, Competitive player for 18yrs..Unreal Tournament + CounterStrike - and played Socom for 10+ years. Still waiting for Sony to listen to competitive players and bring SOCOM back...

= oo7PorscheMGS =

"Men do less than they ought, unless they do all that they can." ~ Thomas Carlyle.

Message 4 of 24 (1,782 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5832 posts

Feb 15, 2013
>3D
Just the sort of extra garbage that is needed, right?

>intelligent way
Ugh.
Message 5 of 24 (1,757 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3417 posts

Feb 17, 2013

GodModeGOD wrote:
>3D
Just the sort of extra garbage that is needed, right?

>intelligent way
Ugh.

The only garbage I see is your comment Smiley Wink

3D is nice when it's on something amazing like Avatar or Uncharted 3 (which I saw in a MOVIE THEATER on a huge screen when Naughty Dog was showing off the game at events before the game came out), and I'm sure it would look AMAZING on God of War.

So yes, I'd like that kind of "garbage" on the best games ...it's great technology if it's done right.

= oo7PorscheMGS =

Message 6 of 24 (1,737 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I hope it doesn't. What a waste of time on fad-tech, I'd rather have stunning 1080p graphics on my screen than 3d.

Message 7 of 24 (1,729 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 17, 2013

i for 1 is hoping it is in 3D...playing Uncharted 3 right now in 3D. i hope it is still, the depth of 3D would do Ascension so much justice...

not all games that feature 3D have it on their game boxes, perfect example. Call of Duty Black Ops 1 and 2 both support 3D, but does not have the 3D logo on the box, same with Epic Mickey 2. so it might of been a decision to still have it, but not show the patch on the box, i would rather the logo not be on the box, eliminates clutter. 

killzone 3 was the most cluttered box ive seen in my life, they had a logo on for every little thing, and took away the aesthetics of the box.

Message 8 of 24 (1,707 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 17, 2013

the game probably wont even run in 1080p gow III was 1080i

Message 9 of 24 (1,706 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Feb 18, 2013
while I am not so much into 3D i wish the game would have a 3D model viewer...I always why developers won't include a model viewer in games...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ImageImageImage
Message 10 of 24 (1,655 Views)
0 Likes