Feb 04 2013
By: GODOFWAR142 Lombax Warrior 233 posts

Dear Santa Monica Studios

6 replies 130 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

I am hoping that there will be a setting that makes bonus costumes purely cosmetic.

I want to be able to go through another playthough with another costume but still be able to earn trophies.

Also being able to swap out weapon looks would be cool too. The blades of Exile and Hades claws would be easy since the they are already done, but some others like Athena's blades and ones that were concept art would be cool too.

Also as for bouns costumes GOW 3 Kratos could be used because its already done but im not sure if it will still look ok on the current Kratos model.

Also only 1 bonus costume last time was a major bummer. I really hope there will be more this time around.

Thankyou guys for all of your hard work making this game and for taking our feedback too heart.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 1 of 7 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Re: Dear Santa Monica Studios

Feb 4, 2013
Personally, I hope for the General Kratos armor. It was always my favorite. If it was only cosmetic, that would make my year.

Message 2 of 7 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Feb 4, 2013
More than 1 bonus costume would be great, I never bought the bonus one's from III they should have been on the disc already.
Message 3 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5791 posts

Feb 4, 2013
GOW: >purely cosmetic
Suits me. Picking percentiles would be nice, but I don't trust other players enough without extra precautions being taken.

>weapon looks
Extra work even if only cosmetic. Part of the reason costumes are so lazy now (limited by the rig and amount of time it takes to realize each for how detailed Kratos is).

>current model
If they've tuned it, they would have to rework the ported skins from GoWIII (which is troublesome). They never had to change the rig. The MP characters should have conformed to Kratos' rig. Not the other way around.

>1 costume outside DLC
Didn't care for that ploy, did you?

Hippy: GK doesn't have armor. You're thinking of "Dominus" which had the armor of Captain Kratos. It is rather nice looking.

Lord: >should have been on the disc
Too right. GoWII did it that way (with still more costumes). But then, it wasn't distracted with MP and giant set piece attempts (rather than gameplay improvements and extras).
Message 4 of 7 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Oops, meant Captain Kratos! Thanks to GMG keeping this hippie in check!

Message 5 of 7 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Fear Kratos was a lame costume, imo. Only one I am missing is Deimos.

Message 6 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5791 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Hippy: >Captain Kratos
It would be a simple matter too. Just port the Dominus armor, put it on this Kratos and remove his ashes. Take the armor back off and you get General Kratos. Tatter the clothes and add bandages for GoW1 Kratos (from the default). I could go on, but I've done this song and dance before.

>lame costume
It was. A palette swap just like Dark Odyssey. On that note, they could have given us that attire too. Just change the red to gold and change stats. Simple.
Message 7 of 7 (73 Views)
0 Likes