May 29 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Could Kratos Travel Through Time?

15 replies 318 views Edited May 29, 2012

Not literally back and forth, but could Kratos or the "god of war" series travel throughout time? 

It's not my idea, take a look:

It starts at 0:55

"From that point forward, throughout the rest of time, whenever men rode forth to battle for good or for evil they did so under the watchful eye of the man who had defeated a god..."

I made a suggestion somewhere on these boards that I would love to see SSM use the GoW style story to cover different events in history and such.  Could Kratos live forever?  Could he adapt to the ever growing world to fight for his right to be called the greatest warrior on Earth? 

I would love to see God of War go on, maybe not Kratos...he's been around for a long time.  But I think this might be pretty doable. 

What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24615 posts

Re: Could Kratos Travel Through Time?

May 29, 2012
Message 2 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

May 30, 2012

That is true, but at the end of God of War 3 *SPOILER*

At the end of the credits it shows Kratos gone, with the pheonix (the sign of rebirth) laying where his body used to be.  There was a website showing Kratos swimming through the ocean and not only that, Doesn't Athena have the blade of olympus?  She seemed aweful damn evil at the end of GoW 3...

Message 3 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4786 posts

May 30, 2012

Okay let me recap something for you and make one observation that you might of overlooked?

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

KRATOS IS DEAD! I think there is speculation that he might be alive but since they are doing another prequel instead of a sequel, than I assume Kratos is dead? Maybe they couldn't find a good enough storyline to bring Kratos back from his apparent suicide? So they are doing a prequel. I wanted them to do a sequel but whatever.

At the end of God of War 3, Kratos dies. He kills all the Greek Gods in his time period. Zeus and Hades and everyone else is dead, so it would be impossible for him to live forever even to the present time!

The video that you saw was a reflection of Kratos ruling as the God of War from the perspective if he continued his reign on Mount Olympus but as it turns Kratos ends up killing the Gods and brings down all of Olympus.

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 4 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4786 posts

May 30, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

That is true, but at the end of God of War 3 *SPOILER*

At the end of the credits it shows Kratos gone, with the pheonix (the sign of rebirth) laying where his body used to be.  There was a website showing Kratos swimming through the ocean and not only that, Doesn't Athena have the blade of olympus?  She seemed aweful **** evil at the end of GoW 3...

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT BELOW

Well Athena takes the sword out of Kratos and throws it on the ground. If you look at the sword it looks like the blue glowing is gone and I think it pretty much worthless. Since all the power was release out into the world.

I think I saw the video and I replayed the ending multiple times and I never saw Kratos swimming. I only saw those spirits things flying around. The ones that you see after killing Hades!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 5 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

May 30, 2012

SPOILER

Him swimming wasn't in the game, though you did see the rebirth symbol where he was laid to rest (R.I.P. Kratos)

The swimming was on a website, after you'd platinum the game, you'd go to that site and the more people that platinumed it, the more it showed.  Might have been the GoS (ghost of sparta) game teaser, don't really know. (I forgot)

Message 6 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5803 posts

May 30, 2012

>Athena

>not a saint

>God of Modern Warfare

Let's not and say we did.

Message 7 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

May 30, 2012

Well GMG, it doesn't have to be "modern warfare" there's plenty of sheild/sword battles from this age on forward.  Maybe he could later weild a gun but that'll (hopefully) be much later if not at all...though I'm sure SSM could create some really amazing stories with anything thrown at them. 

There's also the SPOILERS

"other one" mentioned in the end of GoW 3, but that might have been the hint at Kratos' brother. 

Also another idea

GoW or Kratos could carry over to other mythologies.  Greek isn't the only one out there, very doubtful it's the first.  Maybe not the name but maybe the title of "Kratos" or some other name... just with a warrior that wishes to defy the gods as Kratos does. 

Message 8 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5803 posts

May 30, 2012

>eventually guns

Modern warfare.

>other one

I've had enough of him.  Indeed, I'm quite overdone with the three videos from GoW1.

>other myths

An idea that has been talked about a great deal.  Greek Myth is the best among them and has the most (still much left unmined).  Jaffe wanted to do this.  Given that I've agreed with basically nothing he has said since after leaving GoWII to Barlog, I'll go ahead and not vote in favor of changing the drapes.

The focus on male genitals and furries makes Egypitan mythology quite easily mocked along with the awkward story of how Loki birthed Odin's Horse, Thor gets trolled time and again, Odin does nothing worthwhile, they all die anyway, etc.  Norse just isn't much better off.

Message 9 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Jun 13, 2012

He has travelled through time before (GOW2). The 'other one' was Deimos. The Blade of Olympus inexplicably seemed to be losing power, judging by the blinking, throughout GOW3. Even if Kratos is dead at the end, has that ever stopped him before? Especially since he may still possess Hades soul. I think it'd be great to move on to some other mythologies. As far as Loki birthing Odin's horse goes, it's not like there aren't stories just as ridiculous in Greek myth. Hell, Aphrodite was birthed from Ouranos by Cronos castrating Ouranos and throwing his d**k in the ocean. Poseidon fathered the Pegasus and the cyclopes. And I think Zeus birthed Athena from his forehead after eating her mortal mother. I'd rather see more mythologies introduced than see more Greek ones twisted and made inaccurate, such as Thera and Erinys, among others. Some Greek characters I would still like to see something done with however are: Morpheus (what happened to him after CoO?), Artemis, Apollo, Odysseus, Orion, Stheno and Echidna. 

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 10 of 16 (318 Views)
0 Likes