Jun 13, 2012

VD: >before

So?

>GOW2

Gears?

>other one was Deimos

I'm almost thankful for it.  Almost.

>BoO losing power

No.  Just not handled like the super weapon it was.

>still possess Hades' soul

Unlikely.  The release of energy should have taken everything he had where the attack by Fear Zeus might have missed a thing or two (blasting weapons, items and relics apart).

>just as ridiculous

Not nearly as shameful as how things went down for Loki.  Thor had some pretty embarassing moments too.  The resource would run dry rather quickly compared to Greek Myth.

>Poseidon fathered

You really should have noted just how the Pegasus was born.  Amusing tale.

>mortal mother

>implying Athena wasn't a full goddess

>made inaccurate

Inevitable for all mythologies used.

>Thera

Who didn't exist.

>Erinys

Don't have to care about that now that I'm getting the Furies proper.  I'll pretend it is just another OC.

>Morpheus

I don't even care to see him.  He was so spectacularly left-field, I would rather he remain as unimportant as he deserves to be.  Hypnos would make more sense (if only marginally), but would still be a lame addition.

>Artemis and Apollo

All in good time.

>Odysseus

Not much room for a chap like him in games like these.

>Orion

Bah.

>Stheno

That's more like it.

>Echidna

Of course.

But the list goes on and on.

Message 11 of 16 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Re: Could Kratos Travel Through Time?

Jun 14, 2012

The pre-order bonus is the armor of Achilles, Odysseus, Orion and Perseus for MP, so I just thought it'd be nice if at least 1 or 2 of the characters would appear in SP, likely in some small way such as Jason and the Argonauts or Peirithous. I know Thera wasn't actually a titan, that was my point. Thera was a volcano though near Crete that could have played a similar role. It's been awhile since I looked up some of these myths, so my memory isn't so good on some of them. Such as Athena's mother (Metis, goddess of wisdom) and Pegasus' mother (Medusa). I agree that Norse mythology would run dry pretty quick so I'm not sure I'd base an entire game around just them but maybe a moderately-sized portion. It'd at least be better than going after Pandora's Box again.  

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 12 of 16 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5578 posts

Jun 14, 2012

>appear in SP

Possible.  More so if they have us at Troy.

>was a volcano

And a Piraues Lion is just a statue.

>portion

Just as with the elements of Persian myth being worked in already.  There is overlap between some of the regions regarding their recognized monsters, deities, etc.

>the box again

That was a terrible choice along with Pandora herself (as used as a fill-in for the daughter *read: moral pet*).

Message 13 of 16 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Preorder bonuses have been announced?

Message 14 of 16 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Yes, along with a collector's edition.

The pre-order bonus is called the Mythological Heroes Multiplayer Pack, which you can get from Amazon or GameStop (possibly other places but those are the only ones I've seen so far) includes the armor of Achilles, Odysseus, Orion and Perseus. Codes will be emailed with 2 business days after your order ships.

From what I could find on the Collector's Edition, it will cost $79.99 and includes an exclusive 8" Kratos statue, premium steelbook case, official game soundtrack (digital version), PS3 dynamic theme, PSN avatar pack, multiplayer double xp and a pass for all future DLC.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 15 of 16 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Sounds like I'm getting the collector's edition. 

Message 16 of 16 (84 Views)
0 Likes