Feb 14 2013
By: BigBrownsta Lombax Warrior 114 posts

Concerned by information given by playstation representatives

9 replies 293 views Edited Feb 14, 2013

I recently went down my local game store for a lock in for God of war ascension and i was told a number of things by someone who worked for playstation and who was showing off the game to the public that seem to me to be utter B.S

Firstly i was told the story mode was between 30-40 hours long , this seems quite long  to me it hasnt taken me even like 10 hours to complete god of war 3
Then when i asked about the story of the ascension i was told that it begins even before kratos has even pledged his aliegance to Ares , now ive seen the first 30 minutes of ascension on youtube so im pretty sure thats BS 

After that i began to asks questions about mutiplayer and the kind of level of customization in terms of the amount of weapons your hero could use instead of just the hammer and sword in the beta . He replied by saying that we would get tridents and spears ( i thought this would be the case seeing poseidon and all) but then he mentioned having a sword and shield , having duel blades like what kratos uses ,  having dual weilding chains , or having an option to use 1 handed sword with the other hand equipped with a chain , being able to use a 1 handed sword in both hands..... they pretty much said every weapon you could think of except chakrams !!.

Now this all sounds good but im abit concerneed that this could be total trash they were talking in which case i would be able little bit dissapointed seeing how i would have had someone pretty much lie to my face .

I do hope someone can clear this up for me even if they cant give anything away can i atleast know if this information is false?

Message 1 of 10 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
852 posts

Re: Concerned by information given by playstation representatives

Feb 15, 2013

I think that guy is either messin' with you, or he's just an idiot. Sorry to dissapoint.

Erebus..jpg
Message 2 of 10 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2663 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Sounds like someone was having a wee bit o fun yanking' your chain.

Message 3 of 10 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Oddly enough I had the EXACT sam eexperience today only I verifed that this person worked for somy playation us as a gamestop rep only she showed the saved data for the Ascension 30 minute demo as dated august 2012......so SSM is indeed ready to give u sthe demo. Read my post
Message 4 of 10 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

yeah i kinda guessed it i mean i took pretty much all he said with a pinch of salt , so im not dissapoointedin the fact some of this info is false , just the fact a sony employee may have lied to my face..... i mean i cant say for certain because the game isnt out yet but in time we shal see.

Also he told me that the judgment weapon was made exclusively for them to hand out to pre orders during this lock in...... a quick googling and i found this to be false its was drove my suspicion in the first place

Message 5 of 10 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Feb 15, 2013
I've heard multiple reports on the single player length. Early reports said that this would be the shortest single player with a quote from Papy saying the script came up just short of GoW 1.

After this I saw a preview from the Telegraph, and they included a quote from another SSM employee saying the game was longer than GoW 3.

In addition to that, at the PAX panel they said the campaign was around 14 hours. So which is it?
Message 6 of 10 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Feb 15, 2013
>lied to you
That, or he simply didn't know what he was talking about. Odds are, he did this knowingly, however (lying).
Message 7 of 10 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Feb 15, 2013
I had the same situation happen. This woman went as far as to bring in a super slim ps3 with the demo loaded but would not paly it. When I asked her anout the ROTW, she had no clue what that was and I also asked her about the controller which she did confirm was ONLY for the UK which all of the articles confirmed. But since nobody believes me all they have to do is call the local gamestop here around 9 am est and ask Kari.....but i do not care if people believ me or not.....but the next time I will know better than to post about info I hear.
Message 8 of 10 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I personaly think it was a mixture of  lies and just ignorance of what he was trying to promote i rememeber quizing him on the background of who Orion was , as he was one of the characters in the mythological heroes DLC for preorder and he was was rabbinting on about how he doesnt have that much armor on because hes always on the frontlines of battle ........yet doesnt mention one bit about Homers epic , Odyssey or the fact he was a huntsman or any other variation of the story of orion.

He even total starting BSing when i asked about Perseus and who he was ......not one mention of the Medusa. Heck i even went back into my local game store and even the employees said he talks trash.

Message 9 of 10 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Feb 20, 2013
>Orion
MP only, so it has no real canon value.

>BS about heroes
He doesn't know Greek Myth. Not surprising. As for Medusa, we killed her in GoW's universe. Not Perseus. He may have killed his own, minor Gorgon though.
Message 10 of 10 (76 Views)
0 Likes