Which one is better???

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1314 posts

Re: Battle of the Launch Trailers: GOW3 vs GOWA

Mar 1, 2013

Personally, I like the GoW3 trailer better. It's probably since GoW2 ended on such a cliffhanger (literally since Kratos as well as Gaia and the other titans were climbing up the cliffs to Olympus) that I found the trailer for 3 to be more evocative.

The GoWA trailer is still good though. Should be a good game.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Hmm... From a cinematographical standpoint - ascension's trailer resembles trailers made for Holywood blockbusters - with dialogs starting over black and then seeing the characters speaking, also with Inception-esque trumpets at the end there, and I think that's a refreshing change. Looks they hired a new trailer producer if there even is such a role...

GOWIII's trailer was nice but was lacking dialog and better musical design (I really didn't watch the GOWIII trailer until now - I didn't watch it when it came out on purpose to not spoil absolutely anything). 
So the trailer for ascension is much better made. The game, however, well I guess we will have the chance to determine this soon enough.

On a side note, I noticed every second GoW game on PS2 and PSP was first of all longer, had much more content, and was arguably better than it's predecessor. I'm curious as if this trend will continue on PS3 as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Mar 2, 2013

The GoW3 trailer had way too many spoilers, I think it showed every boss fight. And it seemed like it wasn't put together well. I like the Ascension trailer better.

Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1314 posts

Mar 2, 2013

After thinking about it more, I think I agree that from a spoiler standpoint the GoWA trailer is better (like someone previously said it does remind me more of a movie trailer than showcasing a lot of gameplay). The GoW3 trailer does include quite a few of the boss fight scenes... I think I did avoid watching it too b4 I played the game back then.

Tough to pick a clear cut winner based on different considerations. Both trailers seem great.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Agreed. I also enjoy the gowa trailer more..

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (186 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1144 posts

Mar 3, 2013

theyre both very good trailers but the gow3 is filled with spoliers, most of the boss battles including zeus and hades.  gowa was better, and it makes the story seem interesting

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
453 posts

Mar 3, 2013

disturbeddude101 wrote:

The GoW3 trailer had way too many spoilers, I think it showed every boss fight. And it seemed like it wasn't put together well. I like the Ascension trailer better.

The only reason why  it might look that GoW 3 had more spoilers is the fact that you already played it.

Both trailers shows same amount of spoilers. In GoW3 the only thing that actually counts as spoiler was Kronos cause it was obwious Kratos will face the gods. The rest is actually from the beginning of the game (even though you can see las battle with Zeus). Well spider doesn't count :smileytongue:

In GoW:A trailer you can see some from the demo , you see how you will kill that fury sister (or whatever), Hetatakaag*blabla*ris and cind'a spoiler bigass snake.

Also I don't like the fact that in GoW:A you can see Kratow WHITE even though he is with hes wife and daughter... Like come on wha't with all that crap that he's white cause of their ashes?...

Every trailer have to show something from the game. Would you prefer if they show how Kratos kills some green Fly? "Wow cool Kratos can kill a bee omg gonna get that game cause I'm afraid of bees" - come on man...

Personally My personal favorite is the Super Bowl (or something I'm not into that thing) the one with actors oh man I love it !

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Mar 4, 2013
He's white because he's imagining them there. He's not really with his wife and daughter he's just haunted by them so he's seeing things. You didn't really think they overlooked that huge part of his backstory did you?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5338 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Carrion: >white
This again? Consider that we've now seen footage of Furies (one of them) using illusion to fool Kratos with naked women only for him to notice the ring on her finger. Once more, the same ring is on the illusion of Lysandra's hand from what I can tell and Orcos seems to be tied in with all that (he's meant to be our benefactor). The sequence you speak of isn't 'real' (not a flashback). There is no foul as such. They've made blunders, but this isn't among them.

Silver: >overlooked such a detail
CoO did, but that's another story. And they have made him 'fairer' of skin in their art in recent times (without ashes). Civilian Kratos was nowhere near as dark as General Kratos (or Captain Kratos).
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (82 Views)
0 Likes