Highlighted
Jan 30 2013
By: Just--Tank SCEA 415 posts

Ascension Superbowl Commercial Teaser #2

OFFICIAL POST
14 replies 688 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

HE swore an oath in blood to the Gods, and ended up losing everything he ever loved...

FEBRUARY 1, 2013 - LIVE Action Commercial Debut

WATCH A GLIMPSE HERE ---> http://youtu.be/adXLHPLa3Rw or click to watch below

Pumped yet?

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 1 of 15 (688 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Re: Ascension Superbowl Commercial Teaser #2

Jan 30, 2013

I wish sony had spent the money for the teaser ad as well as the 3.8 million for the ACTUAL superbowl ad  on improving the SINGLE player part of Ascension. The graphics are still meh and the enemies are all of what we have seen before.

Message 2 of 15 (624 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Don't be crazy Cannon Fodder. I've played the single player back in August and the graphics were the best I've seen on any platform. That was months ago and I am sure they have been polishing the hell out of it since. Don't be that guy!

Message 3 of 15 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Jan 31, 2013

What guy....the guy that tells the truth? I too have played the demo. The lighting is weird, the depth doe snot have that 3d pop like 3 did, and some of the character models(satyrs and tentacled creature)looked meh. Kratos model definitley should not look less muscular than previous models. Control wise i will say ascension blows gow 3 out of the water as well as the sound......we shall see fellow cannon fodder.

Message 4 of 15 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Jan 31, 2013

>Kratos model definitely should not look less muscular than previous models.

Why do you say this? This game is a prequel that happened around 10 years before the first and way before the 3rd. So of course he should be this way. He's younger and not as powerful.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 5 of 15 (597 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5738 posts

Jan 31, 2013
>oath to Gods
>Gods
>G
>s
Also, he swore an oath to Ares. He's the **bleep** who pledged his life (and everything in it) to a mad man among the Greek Pantheon. This 'God of War' was a god of bloodshed who didn't care who won (and didn't exactly have much combat skill to speak of). It's his own fault. Ares saved him, empowered him, gave him fame/glory, etc. Kratos betrayed his master. The reason for it matters little. That he can be pitied is just the nature of things despite how awful he is as a person.

His situation is a tragic case (that becomes a big quest to just kill everyone that upsets him). A man consumed by a lust for power loses his family, becomes infamous, finds himself question for freedom from his nightmares, etc. This is all known. 'The gods' didn't make him do what he did. Even Ares isn't entirely to blame. Kratos retreats from personal responsibility.

>everything he ever loved
He still had Sparta. He still had himself. He could have kept his glory had he not betrayed Ares. As for his family, GoW1 made it clear his daughter feared him and his wife was none too pleased with his violent path for glory. CoO altered this in a way that still doesn't jive with the original game.

>trailer
>pumped
By what? A Live Action waste of money for the Super Bowel? This isn't a gameplay trailer for SP. There is nothing in this for me. But I'm Debbie Downer.

Jak has the right idea.

GOW: >he's younger
GoW1 established Captain Kratos (younger than the Kratos here) as the same build as in GoW1 (bigger than the one in this entry). Did he lose mass and regain it? Hunger strike, perhaps? If they explain it as part of his time being tortured by the Furies, I could accept it, though little has ever been shown to alter his physique in the past (didn't sleep, eat, etc. in the quest of GoW1 and just climbing Cronos took him three days).
Message 6 of 15 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Why does it say Febuary 1st? Is it an old commercial or something?

And I like how you guys are judging a product you haven't even played yet.

Message 7 of 15 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 31, 2013
It was an okay trailer, not really showing much to be honest.
Message 8 of 15 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5738 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Ruin: >like
Your tone and words are not in agreement.

>haven't played yet
Not that it matters, but I have played it. The demo's are indicative of what they've been doing. Observations are plenty from a seasoned vet. Hands-on time means quite a bit. Even without all that, knowing the focus is MP alone means trouble for a SP franchise (already reported as shorter).

Quality dips are assured. The normal affect with a successor on a given engine/system surpassing a former entry shall not prove to be the case this time...entirely because of this nonsense.

The next demo shall make the picture even clearer for being an updated build of another area (with more to test). Look forward to the testing. I do. This along with reporting issues to Papy for his enjoyment.
Message 9 of 15 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Godmodegod, check out the new manticore vid and listen VERY closely.....you here the guy say "He(papy) does not like the mouth. Ironic isn't it?

Message 10 of 15 (483 Views)
0 Likes