Highlighted
Oct 24 2012
By: Dubl-M First Son 29 posts

Ascension Preorder items

7 replies 337 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

This thread is not to discuss our love or hatred of retailer-based preorders.

It's simply to inform those that WOULD be interested.

Just add in items you hear about as they are announced.

Include a description of the preorder bonus, the retailer associated, and the country it will be available in, and if possible a link to the info.

This just in:

Leonidas from 300 in MP & Double-sided poster

Gamestop, preorder either version of GoW:A, NorthAmerica

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/261105091334004736

Message 1 of 8 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4793 posts

Re: Ascension Preorder items

Oct 25, 2012

Oh this isn't a board that I can say how freaking stupid that I hate GameCrap, oh I mean Gamestop.  How I preordered this game back in June when it came to be a preorder from Amazon. That Gamecrap is so desperate that they need this deal to make money. And the developer have to cheat their fans by alienating those who are getting it from a retailer of their choice. Yes I am ticked off. I even ranted on the blog about this but this isn't to bash retailer exclusive DLC?

I think gamers need to voice their opinion on this, that Retailer Exclusive DLC is BullCrapola!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 2 of 8 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Pre ordered DLC bonsues is very common in today's video game market.  If you are mad at GS for having a pre-order bonus then also be mad at Wal-Mart, BestBuy, Amazon, PSN... all of the above often have exclusive pre-order bonuses for most AAA games.

When you pre-ordered back in June. Pre-order bonuses were probably the last things on people minds and this game hasn't even reached public beta yet. If you are upset you are not getting bonus DLC.. next time wait to see who is going to have it and what is offered. It often varies.

I do hope that when you get your copy you enjoy the game immensely. And try not to fester on something so trivial.

Message 3 of 8 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Oct 26, 2012
^Clearly waiting would have helped, but even still, try to understand his frustration.

>enjoy it
And how do you plan on it, friend? MP, perhaps?

>trivial
I do not believe Fresh feels it as such. But then, he's still sore about the lack of female costumes. I'd be more concerned with MP dictating and hampering SP in general. A few of the SP changes are looking good (Tether, WWs, etc.). Some are bad (one weapon, auto-activating psuedo-rage, altered climbing, CoO OP stuns, MP units replaced with piqs, etc.).

Fresh: We're in a agreement. I still feared such abuse as this, so I've held off on pre-ordering.

I still don't intend to get the collector's edition, but getting the game the day of is fine by me (I intend for it anyway, so I may as well have the skin code *potential for NG+1 use in SP).

I don't loathe GameStop like many do, but it's understandable that they should get much critique. I'm not surprised with this considering what SSM pulled with GoWIII.

In GoWIII, there were pre-order bonuses with different vendors, that Slurpee crap with 7-11, pre-order GoS, online DLC purchase, etc. rather than on-disc content like GoWII or even making it all available eventually. The only notable patches? Wireless gliding with Icarus Wings fixed (whatever) and removing NG+ glitch (ridiculous *could have just made it legit the first time or allowed for it later while disabling trophies while the glitch is active*).
Message 4 of 8 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Oct 26, 2012

The only reason I used the word trivial was he is upset that GS now has some pre-order special and Amazon doesn't. At least that is how I understood it. So I say trivial because full well knowing that pre-order specials are common, pre-ordering before they are announced and complaining that someone else other than who you ordered from has a special is trivial to me. Patience would have paid off. You can pre-order almost up until the game is on shelves, haste makes waste.

As far as enjoying the game.. I was just hoping he truly does enjoy it. Either MP or SP.

To be clear Im not trying to attack anyone either. I hope it did not come across as such.

Message 5 of 8 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Oct 26, 2012
>Amazon doesn't
For now. Let us hope it stays that way. His anger with GameStop is commonplace (not localized to this issue).

>haste makes waste
This I know. Just the same, I can pity him on this count. Not so much wanting female character models for his desired JRPG fetishist ways (being the girl).

>hoping he enjoys it
If he would just allow it, I could see to it that he gets plenty of replay value out of this purchase.

>not trying to attack
I wouldn't hold it against you if you did, but he might. I suppose I'll leave confirmation of this to Fresh himself.
Message 6 of 8 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4793 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

Okay I don't have the luxury of time that much since I am in college now but I wanted to clear some misconceptions about my post!

One I dislike GS only due to my personal experience with them have been horrible. So that is why I rather preorder from Amazon or even BestBuy for that matter due to the costumer service that I have received from the several gamestops that I have been too!

Now if I really wanted the items and saw that they were no other way to get them, than I may purchase from Gamestop.

God of War doesn't need retail exclusive content to get people to buy the game. That is why I'd preorder it from Amazon regardless of the extra content. God of War uses its reputaton for making a great experience to sell.

Gamestop is begging for money. So they pay Sony to make some items exclusive to their store or franchise.

I know I would enjoy the game. Well as long as the SP is good. I hope they don't shortchange the SP experience for their effort on the MP component. So far it is just MP talk and that kinda of disappoints me. I want to see or play a demo of the SP portion?

Would it be nice to have a female skin, Absolutely! Yet I reached my limit on asking for it since it just gets rejected. Is it going taint my experience, not at all!

Also I have no time to entertain the idea of people attacking me on a online forum. People have their opinions and I have mine. End of story!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 7 of 8 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Oct 27, 2012
>begging Sony
I'm not so sure Sony is innocent. We got hard and deep dicked in GoWIII. That's undeniable. I've been expecting worse from GoW:A. We're slowly starting to get that treatment.

>hope SP won't be gimped
There is no hope on that front. It was confirmed from the start to lose out on length (along the lines of CoO and GoW1). This besides MP dictating changes to SP in general. Time that could be spent on making more enemies, weapons, etc. for SP went to **bleep** around in MP instead. This is a very natural consequence of splitting focus, resources, etc.

>see a demo
E3 had it. GamesCom and PAX had the updated version (that will likely be what is available a month or two after Total Recall wastes the money of some poor saps).

>play it
You've got a wait ahead of you like the rest of us, it would seem.

>reached the limit on that front
But I'll never have reached mine on the fronts that concern me. I'll happily take Papy's invitation to pester him with critique post release along with the addressing of various things pre-release.

>!
Excitable chap.
Message 8 of 8 (247 Views)
0 Likes