Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Ascension Official Demo Impressions Thread

Mar 1, 2013
I'm sorry but this is the glitchiest demo I have ever tried I have fallin into nothing twice a good min until death.....I can't even finish the demo because I get smashed into the pillar and land on air every time plunge!! Is this where the demo is supposed to end? If you hug the walls the bugs fall out of the screen....graphics were good but they were trying for a 2d 3d effect too much sound was ok wished the scenery was more destructive....as far as I can tell I'm the only one with these issues "only gone through three pages of this forum" ....hopefully these issues will be patched before release
Message 71 of 126 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Mar 1, 2013

I didn't really notice the camera issues that much. I mean yeah, when I think about it now I really couldn't see Kratos a couple of times, but that wasn't the thing that ruined the demo for me.

What did is the lack of the wow factor - that music sting when the Leviathan came out of Gaia's hand, Kratos screaming at Zeus in the end of GOWII, Kratos jumping towards a huge lava titan and a cut to black, hell, even the end of the E3 demo - that huge kraken that came out from nowhere and a cut to black - all of those moments that are so epic you remember them for years, but here I didn't experience any such moment, and there are some specific scenes in the demo where I definitely feel I could have experienced them, but the lack of music utterly destroyed them for me.

The demo didn't even end in a bang! - it seemed like they just ended it at a random point. Never in all the 8 years of God of War, was there any piece of God of War released which didn't end in a wow moment - whether it was a live demo, a trailer, a teaser, a teaser for a (superbowl) trailer, a downloadable demo, and of course the games themselves, just think about it - each and every one ended with such an amazing scene, that the only thing you want to do after watching is run to the store and buy the game, but here this wasn't the case!

Coming from a guy like me, whose top 5 spots on his list of favorite games are all populated by GoW games, I can honestly say I was dissapointed. This is, by far, the most important aspect of a GoW game for me, and a piece of gameplay which doesn't stay true to it, I can honestly and sadly say, I find hard calling a true GoW game.

SM has made a mistake releasing the demo as they did, because I'm 99.9% sure the game is not like this, but then again, unfortunately, with most gamers, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression, and it's a shame so many people will miss out on this amazing game because of that mistake.

Message 72 of 126 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Nine retries later and yes that's where the demo is supposed to end......
Message 73 of 126 (228 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Mar 1, 2013
you will get all of the and more for god sake guys is a **bleep** demo they not going to give you the whole Wow factor right out of that back you will have to work for it and work for it you all willl
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 74 of 126 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Mar 1, 2013

@Galibis - they demo is THE place to give the wow factor! The demo is the tie breaker for many people whether to buy the game or not - and believe me - when you end a demo like this with a wow factor - you're gonna get a lot more players buying the game.
I'm not talking about die hard fans like us whose choice whether to buy the game or not was made on the second we saw the teaser on youtube a year ago - I'm talking new players or even more importantly the critics - which influence tons of potential buyers, and they hunt down bad demos.

Message 75 of 126 (223 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I hope Angelor the wow factor for allot of this new players is the **bleep** THE GAME LOOK BEAST and then More us soon us you star playing this game god this game is good story wise and everything GoW is the halo of ps3 Kratos is that master chief of PS3
Message 76 of 126 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Dumbed down.

That's my first impression, and I'm not trying to be a jerk.

I've been a GOW fan since the very beginning. And I am, still. But this demo is ridiculously easy. I know you guys need to help out new players, but I have limped through the demo twice, now. It's really amazing how easy it is, and how "hand-holding."

I still blame the Wachowskis with the Matrix, since slomo is all the rage since then. I have about 14 years to figure out what button to press when doing finishing moves.

I've been playing these games since the old days, when you had to work for what you accomplished. So far, there's more mystery to GOW 1  in its beginning than this title.

Combat is amazing. I love grappling an enemy and fighting others while just hanging on to said enemy.

Looking forward to release.

Message 77 of 126 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Mar 1, 2013

You know I never thought I'd say this about a God Of War game before but that Demo Sucked so bad. It was retarded the enemies were just the stupidest things i've ever seen. Also think the story is dumb, The Furies? TF is that lol. If this demo is anything at all to go by GOW:A will be the lamest GOW game ever.

Message 78 of 126 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Mar 1, 2013
flint then put it on the harder Difficulty there is and call it a day and i don't know the enemies look ok to me it feal like a god of war game only deference is that it is a **bleep** Master Piece they my even add another Difficulty and call it God Of War Heroic mode Just for you Flint
Message 79 of 126 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2015

Message 80 of 126 (298 Views)
0 Likes