I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Re: Ascension Official Demo Impressions Thread

Feb 28, 2013
thes that point saben the game look so **bleep** good the you are force to stop and take allok around to see how freaking nices it look this game is what ps3 is about POWER BABY POWER
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 51 of 126 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2853 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

I was expecting the new God of War to be the same if not a lot better than 3. And as for right now it's... well it's different.

It feels like everything is running 1.5 times faster than all God of War games. My girlfriend, who's watched me play the whole series a number of times noticed it too. Maybe to some people it seemed normal but I'm coming from having just did a marathon of the entire series.

Also, Kratos feels too 'light'. Once again my girlfriend noticed it too and she didn't even actually play the game. Kratos just doesn't feel grounded - which probably has to do with the entire game running at a very faster speed than all the other games.

Camera seems jittery. Which is really weird since Santa Monica has had the camera down since God of War 1.

With the main enemies having the same, or close to the same, light coming from their weapons as Kratos, I found it hard to locate Kratos sometimes - which has never happend to me before. In GoW3 they would have 30 of those skeleton enemies running at Kratos and I always knew where he was.
That part where Kratos is in the prison and the hands break a chunk of the prison out and you have to start battling enemies... I couldn't even see Kratos most of the time. Just kept mashing square, r1 and triangle... Hopefully there won't be many parts like that.

Technologically speaking; graphics are great, obviously.
I felt like the sound wasn't as prominent as it has been in earlier iterations. I expected some grand scale effects or music when first introduced to the mini boss, but there was nothing.

All in all, I'll still most likely pick it up, but right now I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't feel like a God of War game.

Message 52 of 126 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Does anyone else think the e3 demo looks much better than the 30 min demo? Kratos looks much better in the e3 version imo. The fire from blades of chaos changed from red to white which I don't like at all. The gameplay looks much smoother and it looks like a GoW game. The 30 min demo feels much different than the other GoW's. And not to nit pick or anything but I even prefer Krato's kilt in the e3 version, I like how it is much longer.

Message 53 of 126 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Feb 28, 2013

FB3rightquick wrote:

Does anyone else think the e3 demo looks much better than the 30 min demo? Kratos looks much better in the e3 version imo. The fire from blades of chaos changed from red to white which I don't like at all. The gameplay looks much smoother and it looks like a GoW game. The 30 min demo feels much different than the other GoW's. And not to nit pick or anything but I even prefer Krato's kilt in the e3 version, I like how it is much longer.

The colour of the blades change when they get upgraded. Red, in previous games has meant that the blades are upgraded to the max amount.

Some stuff I forgot to mention in my previous post:

I like how the R1 button appears over the objects you can interact with, as opposed to in the corner of the screen.

Having the ability to pick up some of the enemy weapons is really cool. Mixing them with the blades is fluid.

R1 grappling is awesome.

I don't understand why they have Kratos smash red orb chests but still have to open the green ones... And since it's the prequel, why was he smashing the red orb chests then and later he decides to open them? He developed an 'anti-smash-chest' mentality over the years?

The menu for upgrading weapons is nice but I really like the style of the other games. They had the face of a statue and blood would drain from it as you were upgrading your weapons. 

Improvements and changes will always happen with new iterations of games, but certain things should remain the same for continuity sake. Like how in the Metal Gear Solid franchise a lot of the same sound effects are left in since the first MSG game (1998). Most things are the same, like the sound of orb absorption, the sound of when you're upgrading your weapons. But the red chest thing is weird (how Kratos smashes it instead of opening it) and the grapple points in the environment should be white, not green. 

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to the final game and to see how they made Kratos more 'human'.

Message 54 of 126 (176 Views)
Fender Bender
2905 posts

Feb 28, 2013

NinjaZeroEight wrote:

FB3rightquick wrote:

The colour of the blades change when they get upgraded. Red, in previous games has meant that the blades are upgraded to the max amount.

I like how the R1 button appears over the objects you can interact with, as opposed to in the corner of the screen.

Having the ability to pick up some of the enemy weapons is really cool. Mixing them with the blades is fluid.

R1 grappling is awesome.

I don't understand why they have Kratos smash red orb chests but still have to open the green ones... And since it's the prequel, why was he smashing the red orb chests then and later he decides to open them? He developed an 'anti-smash-chest' mentality over the years?

The menu for upgrading weapons is nice but I really like the style of the other games. They had the face of a statue and blood would drain from it as you were upgrading your weapons. 

Improvements and changes will always happen with new iterations of games, but certain things should remain the same for continuity sake. Like how in the Metal Gear Solid franchise a lot of the same sound effects are left in since the first MSG game (1998). Most things are the same, like the sound of orb absorption, the sound of when you're upgrading your weapons. But the red chest thing is weird (how Kratos smashes it instead of opening it) and the grapple points in the environment should be white, not green. 

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to the final game and to see how they made Kratos more 'human'.

Well from a gameplay standpoint, you want to make them better so him smashing the red chests is much easier than holding R1. They can't go back and change them in the previous games.

Message 55 of 126 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

NinjaZeroEight wrote:

FB3rightquick wrote:

R1 grappling is awesome.

I saw a video on youtube of the blades of chaos fully upgraded to lvl 5 and they still have white fire or whatever you wanna call it. Just type in in youtube "God of War Ascension Demo Blades of Chaos Lv.Max."
Message 56 of 126 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Feb 28, 2013

D-Squad3 wrote:

NinjaZeroEight wrote:

FB3rightquick wrote:

R1 grappling is awesome.

Well from a gameplay standpoint, you want to make them better so him smashing the red chests is much easier than holding R1. They can't go back and change them in the previous games.

Then why not smash the green orb chest as well?

Holding R1 for one more coloured chest doesn't take away from the gameplay at all.

Message 57 of 126 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Feb 28, 2013

FB3rightquick wrote:

NinjaZeroEight wrote:

FB3rightquick wrote:

R1 grappling is awesome.

I saw a video on youtube of the blades of chaos fully upgraded to lvl 5 and they still have white fire or whatever you wanna call it. Just type in in youtube "God of War Ascension Demo Blades of Chaos Lv.Max."

Looks like you're right. I do like how it has a more sparkle effect on the blades... but yeah, not too impressed with the colour.

Another thing I noticed while playing the game a second time: The sound of the blades seems a little different than GoW 3. In God of  War 3 I really liked how you could really hear the chains from the Blades of Exile. In Ascension it seems like they diluted the sound a little bit.

Oh yeah, I do like how he aims the blades at the enemies this time around. For example, while fighting the cyclops, Kratos throws the blades towards the stomache of the cyclops as opposed to just attacking straight forward, which would mean he's just attacking the legs.

Camera still bothers me. It makes Kratos look **bleep** tiny. They need to get the original camera guy back for next installments.

Message 58 of 126 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I just don't understand the change from the e3 demo to the 30 min demo. And yea I don't like the camera angle either, he does look very small. Also I really didn't enjoy the 30 min demo at all, it was terrible. Considering the demo is 99.9% of the actual game I'm not even excited for the single player anymore. E3 demo got me hyped now I'm kinda let down. Whatever, seems like their focus is on the multiplayer anyways. I hope this great franchise doesn't turn into what Halo has become.
Message 59 of 126 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Feb 28, 2013
then dont buy it what in the blue hell you think he suppost to look like Superman he is a freaking spartan not a **bleep** body builder and this game is the best **bleep** looking game on ps3 there whit that last of us and beyond two souls i think you need your eyes check now one thing i like is the we end up helping the Champion we end up playing on the Mp part of that game i hope we get to come faces to faces whit all of that MP champions
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 60 of 126 (125 Views)
0 Likes