Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Re: Ascension Official Demo Impressions Thread

Feb 27, 2013
I don't know if i can take credit for being the first one to suggest that Kratos will be granted primordials powers.. But I did suggest that as soon as I played the demo on the 20th....

Also, just-tank I have made several threads about something I very concerned about.. And I can't get a straight answer from anyone ( not that anyone would know except maybe you) but... The parry that u unlock in the demo when blades are level 2.. L1 + X ... I really love it for multiplayer and even for Kratos to reflect projectiles... But it is super lame in my opinion to change his original just *tap block at the right moment parry that was in the other 5 gow games). I just really would love an answer even if its just yes or no.. Will Kratos have another way to parry moves other than l1+x? He did in the e3 demo... And if you could go as far as to tell me more like.. Will we get the normal SP parry that we have all grown to love at some point in the game as well as this new l1+x deal? Thanks Just_Tank... Btw... Mad props on an amazing game... I can't wait
Message 21 of 126 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5480 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Downloading at 90%.

Message 22 of 126 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Feb 27, 2013

So I just downloaded the demo that was released today, and the extra gig of download is bonus content including a peek at the new history channel show vikings, engine overhaul vid, multiplayer vid,etc. Same demo with the same issues though.

Message 23 of 126 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Amazing graphics obviously and everything looks cool! Wish there were more moves available.. Everything is great for me except one thing. Where is the music? It was super quiet and didn't get me pumped at all. Gameplay was awesome but needs more amping music
Message 24 of 126 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Jakob98 wrote:

So I just downloaded the demo that was released today, and the extra gig of download is bonus content including a peek at the new history channel show vikings, engine overhaul vid, multiplayer vid,etc. Same demo with the same issues though.

Thanks Jakob, so the "bonus content" is just videos??

Message 25 of 126 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Hey Tank,

The game is looking great, definitely gonna pick this up day one, but one thing I noticed was how the QTE's are done this time around. 

In God of War 3, they had a flash of white that appeared along with the buttons to really help your peripheral vision.  While I like the black tribal that appears next to the prompt, it is much harder to use your peripherals to pick up on the prompt, because the black design sometimes ends up next to a dark background.

Is there going to be an option in-game that will change the black design to a white flash, because using your peripheral really helped you focus on whats going on right in front of you.

Other than that, the game is looking amazing, can't wait!

Message 26 of 126 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Feb 27, 2013

True **bleep**.

Message 27 of 126 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5480 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Finished the demo, and the other content. First off, loved that there was more to this demo then just the game. The Superbowl trailer looked great on the tube, along with all the History Channel Vikings vids. (wife and I huge History channel buffs)

Now the demo. Loved it. Really like what was done with the controls. That grapple move is just too much fun. And the sound effects for the blades have never sounded better. I play on a 7.1 surround, and those blades slamming down really shake the house. Graphics, obviously, epic.

And its the sound, also, that is the only nitpick I have. It's pretty much the same as what others have said. At times, it seems like the music gets muffled, and certain sound effects were missing. I really noticed during the first fight with the Hecka.

But the music, and everything else in the opening scene, especially when Kratos breaks his second arm free, and it hits the slowmotion with the score kicking in nice and loud, that was just epic.

Great demo!

Message 28 of 126 (327 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Exactly what he said.

Message 29 of 126 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Played the demo; it is EXCELLENT! Love the new attacks Kratos has, moving environments are INSAAANE! really appreciated how even though there could be so much going on on-screen it was never overwhelming or confusing. Also really liked that there's a lot more room to run around in during big boss fights, but the camera doesn't ever make you feel disoriented despite the huge differences in scale of the characters on screen. Camera work really stood out; couldn't have been done better. Music is great as always. Fun, fast paced, and a great looking demo overall!
Message 30 of 126 (269 Views)
0 Likes