Fender Bender
3541 posts

Re: Ascension Official Demo Impressions Thread

Feb 26, 2013
Enjoyed the demo, share the sentimemt about the music but I have an extra concern... the first few battles the camera seems to swing wildly a bit too much, made both me and my friend who was watching me play motion sick. I haven't had this happen to me with previous GoW games so I was wondering if that was just a section or if you have introduced many of this "shake camera" moments in the game?
Message 11 of 126 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Feb 26, 2013
sometimes, it's too hard to follow and track where Kratos is.

1) in the rotating prison box. really hard to follow.

2) during the last battle where the giant monster swipes and swings, especially if the arms/hands cover him.
Message 12 of 126 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Feb 26, 2013

This game is going to be the only game I will ever play again. I'm already in love.

But comparing the total recall demo to the first 30 min demo, I noticed some differences

- the kick in the 30 min demo isn't as strong as it looked in the total recall demo, it just kind of makes enemies look like they got slapped in the face now (what happened? Why is it weak now? Does it get stronger with your blades when you lvl them up?) and a lot of the time, the physical attack doesn't disarm the enemy, why is that? Does the enemy have to be weakened first, or it like a 50% chance thing?

- while I'm on disarming, in the E3 demo it looked like you could disarm an enemy with X while you have them tethered (I might be wrong on this, but that's what it looked like on the E3 demo) why doesn't that happen any more?

- when the R1 tether was used in the total recall demo on larger enemies (satre general, moving statue and elephantaur) Kratos would do the grapple attack he did in GOW3 (grab on, pull himself in and hit the big guy with his shoulder, causing the enemy to stumble) but now, in the 30 min demo, the R1 tether just bounces off of the Cyclops. Why is that? Is it just something the blades have to lvl up to? Is it something exclusive to the Cyclops? Is it something exclusive to the Ares alliance (I assume Kratos was aligned to Ares in the total recall demo)?

- finally, what's up with the new counter? I managed to lvl my blades up to lvl 2 in the 30 min demo and the counter is now L1+X, while I saw the total recall demo counter is the classic GOW counter (just tapping L1 at the right moment) will both counters be implemented?

P.S.. ... **bleep**, I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

Message 13 of 126 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Oh yeah, I almost forgot; I remember hearing that R3 will be a kind of camera adjuster button (just clicking it would zoom in on Kratos, or even enter an over the shoulder view - would it be possible to get both? Ex: one click zooms in on Kratos so we can see our combat more up-close, and another click [outside of combat of corse] would enter an OTS view, so we can admire all the hard work and detail that went into the game, and one final click would go back to normal camera???) is this still happening? Because so far R3 doesn't do anything in the demo

Message 14 of 126 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Ugh, another thread for this. A link should suffice: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-General/GoW-A-SP-ideas/m-p/39600535#M537...

If copypasta here is what you desire, here it shall be. Your call, Tank, old boy. Stun and damage testing later. I've got to finish looking up directions to my new post tonight and get ready to head out.
Message 15 of 126 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

I downloaded the game a few days ago. Just wondering for the ones who downloaded it recently, it says "plus exclusive content from HISTORY’s VIKINGS". Anyone recieve anything, or know what it is??

Edit*

The file I downloaded was 2.7 GB, but the one for today is 3.7 GB...

Message 16 of 126 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Feb 27, 2013

DelSol-97- wrote:

I downloaded the game a few days ago. Just wondering for the ones who downloaded it recently, it says "plus exclusive content from HISTORY’s VIKINGS". Anyone recieve anything, or know what it is??

Edit*

The file I downloaded was 2.7 GB, but the one for today is 3.7 GB...

Hmmm... did not know the size of the file was different for today's demo release... anyone notice what's different? Will check it out too when I have time.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 17 of 126 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Very well done overall, and the new launch trailer makes me want to get this game even more (I've already paid it off)! The sound effects do seem to be off sometimes, like when you slam the Hekaton-Bug thing on the ground in the QTE, there is no sound what-so-ever. Also it would be nice to hear the sound effects when he is climbing and the music needs to be louder too! Other than that, I loved it, awesome to play GoW with some new combat tied in. The menu and close-up of the blades is awesome too!

Erebus..jpg
Message 18 of 126 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Feb 27, 2013
What is this Ares alliance thing (nonsense) ?

This would make -no- sense at all.

Kratos is trying to sever his tie with Ares, and I'm guessing he would not want anything to do with Ares at this point. Why would he ally himself with Ares? That would be counterintuitive.

One could argue that since Kratos has not severed the bond he still has access to Ares' powers. However, why would Ares grant Kratos access to his abilities unless Kratos submits once again to become his servant?

Someone mentioned Kratos having access to the abilities of the Primordial, which makes a whole lot more sense. Either that or Orkos grants him items which bestow various elemental powers.

But. Not. Ares.
Message 19 of 126 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Yeah, he doesn't align himself to more gods, he just aquires elemental powers for his blades.

Erebus..jpg
Message 20 of 126 (343 Views)
0 Likes