Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Re: Ascension Graphics?

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Sweet. I think Ascension is ok looking but lacks detail.....like I said before I was told by aaron on the psblog that the demo is pre alpha ......but when you view the trailer the graphics look the same. I was really expecting Ascension to blow it (gow3 demo) away since in an article I read Todd Papy discussing the original GOW3 engine he stated they only used 50 percent o fthe engine's capability.....now that they have had time to tweak and perfect it Ascension will be visually superior to GOW 3 ......So far this has not been the case from the footage we have seen.....all 30 seconds of it. I have the demo of ascension as well as the e3 demo of GOW3 and when compared side by side there is no comparison.....GOW3 blows ascension away......but to be fair the GOW3 demo may have been further along when they released it than ascension was comparatively. Only on 03/12/13 will we see.

Message 51 of 133 (550 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1279 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 52 of 133 (541 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1279 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

You can see that GOW3 Kratos is slightly more detailed, but then again that is from a final finished version of GOW3 as opposed to an old build of the GOW:A game. There will be some improvement. Also lets keep in mind that in GOW3 Kratos is older and more battle torn, he is dirtier and grimier so he is gonna look more rugged as opposed to the younger and cleaner Kratos from Ascension. Like I said I expect graphics at least on par with GOW3.

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 53 of 133 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 28, 2013

angelspawn77 wrote:

I expect the graphics to be at least on par with GOW3, I doubt they could get any better, if they can it will not be much. The ps3 and xbox have been pretty much pushed to their limits, they have gotten as good as they're gonna get. Uncharted 2, 3 and GOW3 being the main examples for the limits of the ps3, all 3 of which look amazing considering the 6 year old hardware. 

I'm gonna photoshop both halves of the faces of GOW:A and GOW3, since they are opposite sides of each other. You will be able to tell the differences there. They are not too far apart actually. Will post when done.

Well, look at the last of us and metal gear solid ground zeroes...those actually improve a lot and seem to blow ascension out of the water.  

But even at that, it doesn't look like ascension's graphics are even on par with god of war 3's graphics.  I could be wrong though, as I said I haven't actually played the ascension demo myself but am eagerly awaiting to.  

Message 54 of 133 (535 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1279 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

angelspawn77 wrote:

I expect the graphics to be at least on par with GOW3, I doubt they could get any better, if they can it will not be much. The ps3 and xbox have been pretty much pushed to their limits, they have gotten as good as they're gonna get. Uncharted 2, 3 and GOW3 being the main examples for the limits of the ps3, all 3 of which look amazing considering the 6 year old hardware. 

I'm gonna photoshop both halves of the faces of GOW:A and GOW3, since they are opposite sides of each other. You will be able to tell the differences there. They are not too far apart actually. Will post when done.

Well, look at the last of us and metal gear solid ground zeroes...those actually improve a lot and seem to blow ascension out of the water.  

But even at that, it doesn't look like ascension's graphics are even on par with god of war 3's graphics.  I could be wrong though, as I said I haven't actually played the ascension demo myself but am eagerly awaiting to.  

Different art styles I think is why the Last of Us seems to look better, Uncharted and Last of Us are both realistic type games, while God of War is fantasy. As for Ground Zeroes, I hightly doubt that gameplay demo was running on a ps3, that looked to be running on a high end PC, it looked incredible. Looks like they will be porting it and optimizing it for ps3 and 360, it will probably still look good, but not as good as that demo.

Message 55 of 133 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 28, 2013
I'm waiting for the final product I will judge then, judging from an unfinished product guys really lol, relax guys ascension is going to look epic you just wait and see!
Message 56 of 133 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 28, 2013

angelspawn77 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

angelspawn77 wrote:

Different art styles I think is why the Last of Us seems to look better, Uncharted and Last of Us are both realistic type games, while God of War is fantasy. As for Ground Zeroes, I hightly doubt that gameplay demo was running on a ps3, that looked to be running on a high end PC, it looked incredible. Looks like they will be porting it and optimizing it for ps3 and 360, it will probably still look good, but not as good as that demo.

Well, just because god of war is fantasy doesn't mean it should have less detail.  There are still rocks, trees, floors, walls, and all kinds of other stuff as well as lighting in those games as well as this one. 

I believe why zeroes looks so good is because it's using "trickery" not the actual term but the reason it's so dark is for rendering.  What you can see is rendered in high graphical detail while apparently the rest isn't.  I'm not sure, but someone described it once. 

Anyway, I guess we'll have to see when the game comes out.  

Message 57 of 133 (517 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Angel i can see what you mean but remember we talking about a 15 year younger or more kratos went you talking about gowa it is freaking 10 years before gow1 and 2 and we dont know how much more younger he my be from gowa and gow3 it my be a 15years younger kratos or 20year younger wish is why he look how he look i think
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 58 of 133 (573 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

It comes down to aesthetics and personal prefence but you'd be simply foolish to believe that Uncharted 3 and God of War Ascension are not technically more impressive in terms of lightning, textures and more compared to their predecessors. Albeit the rest of Ascension could look like **bleep** since we havent played the game yet so I'll just stick to UC3 and UC2.

I mean jesus just take a look at this =>

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/uc4.jpg

http://nightmaremode.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/drake1.jpg

Message 59 of 133 (553 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 28, 2013
O they are i have say it over and over again they are better at it they have to is how **bleep** work went you dealing whit a studio who know what they doing some stuff will be better then last game it is how **bleep** work this game is a better looking 720p games cuz they will make shore they push some of the stuff they did not push on the last game on this game wish in turn will make gowa look some what better
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 60 of 133 (543 Views)
0 Likes