Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Re: Ascension Graphics?

Jan 23, 2013
You really need to ask any Sony tech about wipepout hd......again I know what I am talking about. I never said that I thought Ascension will be 1080 p 60 frames blah blah blah......Again learn how to read the english I am writing.

Message 41 of 133 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Here is a list compiled for you to research ......all natively running 60fps at 1080p. Noob

Message 42 of 133 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Jakob98 wrote:

So this furthers my observation. Look at the pics of the two demos (GOW3 and Ascension)......the water in Ascension looks horrible. GOW 3 the water looks like water and not like lava with white foam. Also, Kratos' face looks grittier and alot more detailed in the GOW3 demo. These are two completely different gamnes as far as lighting , shading ,etc.......but in my opinion Stig nailed it has far as the realistic style vs Papy's more colorful, uncharted 3 kind of look. Ask people whoo own Uncharted 2 and 3.....alot of people thought 3 looked a littluncharted 2 looked far superior to 3, mainly because 3 looked a little too brilliant and colored. Again, no disrespect but I feel like Ascensions demo looks worse, although maybe this demo is a far earlier byuild than what the GOW3 was at when shown. Because when I reached the point of the demo in the actual build of GOW3 i could not believe how much more polished it was . I was floored. I am hoping the same will happen to Ascension, but the 30 second trailer showing that horrible manticore dahed my hopes. Stop the viseo when they show it flying towards Kratos and you will see what I am talking about. Absolutely no detail, almost like the outlined and colored him in but did not bother to shade or texture it. 

I know what you mean about Uncharted 2 and 3.  I liked how 2 looked, it wasn't very bright compared to U3 but the shadowing was so much more detailed.  U3 looks so odd, when I was playing the beta and I was inside the chateau and looking out into the front yard everything looked like it was made of clay.  Things lack detail and is replaced by insane brightness.  

Ascension seems to be the same, with less detail and that odd sense of lighting.  

Though with GoW 3, some things looked AWESOME, other things looked not polished at all and other things were just "meh".  It's not like GoW3's graphics were godly all around but from what I've seen ascension doesn't seem to look as good.  

I can't wait for the game to come out and for it to prove me wrong but right now I can't help but feel that graphically the only strides forward will be the brightness but everything so much less detailed. 

Message 43 of 133 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Quite the hub-bub over all this.
Message 44 of 133 (228 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 24, 2013
they are force to take a deafren road if they want to add online mp to thos games wish is why they look how they look is not a bad look is just not us sharp thes all it wont change the Res so why you care so much about it God of war A and uncharder 3 both look beast on my book
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 45 of 133 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Yes the graphics ar beast and theyll only get better from hear on out .

tumblr_m2q1ocx6rU1qdc8j6o1_500.gif

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 46 of 133 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jan 27, 2013
God of War 3 was an overall darker game, so the lighting was a lot more heavy. Good lighting makes everything look better! Just look at the title screen for GOW3! The footage from Ascension that we've seen has only been outside and bright, so we haven't seen that yet. Also, remember the God of War 3 demo? The differences between that and the final game were incredible! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzA-ZZ56mLU

Also, check analysis of Ascension out: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-analysis-god-of-war-ascension-demo
Message 47 of 133 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 27, 2013
and allot of players here asking for 1080p native cant you even not see how hard it is for this consoles to even do 60fps on 720p so yea trust me we wont ever get 1080p on this consoles now if god of war could have being 60fps at 720p native it will being allot better hope it is and not this 40fps
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 48 of 133 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I cannot argue with a person when he cannot write well enough to understand him.......he clearly is not reading what I am writing as well. Anyway to all who think the graphics are better than god of war 3 demo you need to PLAY them both to see what I am trying  to get across. Combat and control wise I believe Ascension definitley feels more responsive for sure. I just do not think the same level of detail is being implemented visually in Ascension as it was in GOW 3.

Galibis, do us all and yourself  a favor and just stop writing. Please. Just stop embarrassing yourself.

Message 49 of 133 (141 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1279 posts

Jan 28, 2013

I expect the graphics to be at least on par with GOW3, I doubt they could get any better, if they can it will not be much. The ps3 and xbox have been pretty much pushed to their limits, they have gotten as good as they're gonna get. Uncharted 2, 3 and GOW3 being the main examples for the limits of the ps3, all 3 of which look amazing considering the 6 year old hardware. 

I'm gonna photoshop both halves of the faces of GOW:A and GOW3, since they are opposite sides of each other. You will be able to tell the differences there. They are not too far apart actually. Will post when done.

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 50 of 133 (174 Views)
0 Likes