I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Re: Ascension Graphics?

Jan 19, 2013

gold now the i can reply what i mean is the theres only so much they can puch 720p to is not like they can really make 720p look any more better then games like the last of us god of war 3 and killzone 3 uncharder 3 thos game are the best looking 720p native games out there i dont know  what frame rate persecon they run at but if is  under 60fps then  we can do  that and  make god of war ascension a 720p 60fps native  game the will make this game the best game out there but i think god of war 3 and the other games i added up there are all 720p native running at 60fps wish mean god of war ascen wont be better looking then thos games it will be at the same level  thes what i mean  

photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 21 of 133 (5,007 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Now Ai and stuff they should have no problems whit cuz the ps3 have the mos powerful CPU out there so Ai should be a Cake walk wish is what we are seeing on games like the last of us the best Ai ever made for consoles or pc they act so real is like fighting players at same time you have to know the theres only so much they can do Ai wise they can never make Ai feal or act like real players but hey if we get some last of us Ai this game will be bannanas and any one who dont have a ps3 should og and BUY ONE RIGHT NOW
Message 22 of 133 (5,006 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5699 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Carp: >were annoying
You just have to know how to fight them. Light attack spam isn't going to work.

>first time on VH
Yeah, sure. You quickly learn their weaknesses though. Launch and air OS (grab) over and over. What sets this up? You figure that out quickly too. When alone, it is just three ground OS in a row to victory. There is no reason to get hurt by a lone Satyr. Petrification puts them in their place. AI boundary abuse really simplifies things (opening them up to launchers).

>GoWIII looks
>GoWIII Satyr grab
>add launch to hit string of GoW1 Satyr
>basically GoW1 Satyr moveset
Suits me fine. I'd also advise keeping the GoWIII Satyr's damage values for grabs done to them. They were actually worth something. Though, you can afford to make the OH weaker if they same lock as in GoW1 is possible again. I wouldn't want to make it a joke. Also, for 100 damage per mashing, they had better make it hard to do like in GoW1 (makes your arm tired doing that over and over against 10+ Satyrs with more than five ground OS per Satyr).

>not as agile, but stronger
>Captain Satyr
They are not agile. On this I agree. Their damage is probably less than the original Satyr and their moveset is inferior too. They're slow and quite blockable in all ways. No fake-out. Poor defense. No air recovery. No wake-up attack. They are WIDE open to launches, bounces, etc. like some punk (all other Minor Grunts). They only had something like 120-ish HP. Satyrs tend to have more than that. GoWIII's Satyr had 300HP. This version doesn't compare. Hopefully he is updated (and his grabs actually do some f***ing damage as they are worthless at 4 and 5 pepr pop *aside from the 0 damage stun grab that is absolutely worthless without people to slap with him...but sucks anyway as collisions are weak in this entry*).

He didn't have his 'rally' ability (stolen from Centaur General) yet and I don't like that. He is a 'Captain'. Make him fill the role properly.

Pandora Satyrs really were the elite. Hades Satyrs were slightly inferior. Satyr Champions were too linear (more HP, but less difficult to predict). Olympus Satyrs (GoWIII) were too limited in attack options (but had two decent moves). CoO/GoS Satyrs were small time Grunts. These Ascension 'Grunts' have small movelists to compensate for being able to use each of the six WWs while likely allowing for 'group AI' calls from a Captain. Captain is just as noted.

>Nemesis Whips
>mash triangle
This is exactly why they needed to have aerial recovery and wake-up attacks. To prevent this from happening to them. It is plain embarrassing. So much for the elite.

Kratos: >helluva fight
When unfamiliar with them, they can be rough.

>never had trouble with GoW1 Satyrs
You had OP spells in that entry along with the strongest Blades in the series. Also, were you playing VH or some lower setting? Vets find them easy as they know their behavior. Other versions of Satyrs are weak for the same reason. They just wreck new players so often because they are a foe designed to punish mashing out light hit strings. If you start lobbing spells their way, there isn't much they can do about it (unless that spell is Zf *hohoho*).
Message 23 of 133 (5,000 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 20, 2013

wrong treth killar

Message 24 of 133 (4,994 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5699 posts

Jan 20, 2013
^What's all this?
Message 25 of 133 (4,985 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Galibis, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Resolution and fps go hand in hand with movies and video games. To understand this you have to know how progressive scan works and know what is is. Stig Assmussen originally stated in an interview that GOW 3 would run 1080p at 60 fps.....SSM then stated to make the frame rate run smoother they would change that to 720p at 45-60fps. The ps3 can indeed run 1080p at 60fps ......play wipeout and you will see. It does take a toll on the machine in either the frame rate, graphics or both. Studios will make a game that runs smooth and looks good before they will put out a game that suffers in both areas. And movies do indeed need bluray for more than just storage, especially since directors such as Peter Jackson and James Cameron are now producing films at 48 fps and even 60 fps (PJ W The Hobbit @ 48 fps and James Cameron with Avatar 2/3 at either 48fps or 60fps, he has not confirmed yet but it will at LEAST be 48fps) .With special effects using so much space in movies nowdays, it is critical to have as much storage space as possible. To understand what fps means to movement you must undertstand how framerates coincide with what you are viewing.  Google it or join a forum such as AVS and read up on it before coming here and telling people false info.

Message 26 of 133 (4,971 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Jakob98 wrote:

I totally disagree. No disrespect at all to you, but it comes nowhere close to GOW3 visually. The colors may be brighter(primarily because it takes place outside more than GOW3 without the sun being covered by rain clouds) but details are lacking as well as Ascension looking softer and not as sharp. I also feel that the characters are lacking creativity....I mean satyrs, krakens,hammer weilding statues? Seen it all before. Graphically at this stage everybody should be like DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMN! when most of what I am reading and hearing is meh. I am buying it because I own all of the games and love the franchise, but this is the first time I have my doubts. I am looking forward to the statue and skins and all, but graphically I hope they step it up. At this point in development though I doubt they can.

To see what I am saying, play the e3 demo of GOW 3  and then play the ascension demo if you have total recall extended edition(disc 2). If you do not have the demo play a video and compare.....the demo of e3 gow3 blows away ascension. The water in Ascension is atrocious, the lighting seems off, and the enemies lack the detail Krats does....and since this is definitley the lasst GOW game we will see on the ps3, it should leave us in awe,not like "That's it?"

I know what you mean.  I'm not as excited for Ascension story as I am the MP and the graphcis do seem to be worse than GoW 3.  

Though I'm hoping the game gets polished up a ton.... but the story just seems random as all hell.  Like they just wanted to put out another GoW game to test out MP for another IP for next gen or just to see if they could possibly add more MP modes to future GoW games without people flipping out or it being a wasted add on.  

Message 27 of 133 (4,948 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 22, 2013

jakob keep dreaming they can tell you 1080p 60fps native all they want is bull **bleep** if you bealive in this then you bealive in  bigs that can fly and yes a 1080p movie is allot deafrent then a game will ever be  games in order to run smoot at 1080p will have to be 60fps where movies dont  and even then went movies go and make there movies run at 1080p and 48fps  wish is not even 60fps  it cost them so much  now a game at 1080p and 60fps native will be way to **bleep** much to make  and close to  inposible whit this  consoles  GowA will be nothing more then 720p native running at 60fps whit  a upscale option wish is not NATIVE 1080P

Message 28 of 133 (4,922 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 22, 2013
gold it my be beta or it my be the they went more whit a more realistic look lest of a cartoonish one i dont know all i know 720p native at 60fps
Message 29 of 133 (4,921 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Demo VS Demo

Progression of Kratos

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/504359-god-of-war-playstation-3-screenshot-main-menus.jpg

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/560198-god-of-war-ghost-of-sparta-playstation-3-screenshot-the-main.jpg

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/504381-god-of-war-ii-playstation-3-screenshot-main-menus.jpg

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/557047-god-of-war-iii-playstation-3-screenshot-main-menu-s.jpg

Message 30 of 133 (4,917 Views)
0 Likes