Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Re: Ascension Graphics?

Jan 18, 2013

@GodModeGod I Second That, I Am Concerned With The Enemy AI A Bit .

I Want To Know That New AI System Adapts To A Different Play Style (Fist vs World Weapons vs Grappling)

But I Like How Certain Enemy Types Can 'Grab' You And F*** You Up ! .Lol

This Adds A Fresh Coat Of Paint In The GoW Series !

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 11 of 133 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Jan 18, 2013
Skip: >judge
Already have. Judging is one of the things I enjoy best.

Stripes: >grabs
The demo has the problem of letting almost everything get blocked. Grunt grab, Captain 'grab', most seemingly unblockable moves, etc.

>enemy AI
About the same as usual.

>adapts
They've never really done too much of that.

They need the GoW1 Satyr back. It punishes the casual playstyle of mashing (along with attempt to air juggle or press attacks while it is down)
Message 12 of 133 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 18, 2013

They need the GoW1 Satyr back. It punishes the casual playstyle of mashing (along with attempt to air juggle or press attacks while it is down)

I like the Gow3 satyr, if taht thing got you ina close area he'll give you a good fight. Just add the Gow3 satyr more moves, if the add GoW1 satyr move would be better.

Message 13 of 133 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 18, 2013
By the Gods of Olympus I hate those Satyrs so much, they should be the final boss. I thought the Satyr's in GoW III were the strongest ones they just went through your attacks and their grapples were ridiculous sadly I will face them again in Ascension. lol >____>
Message 14 of 133 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Jan 18, 2013
Carp: >GoWIII Satyr
It had basically three moves and none of the utility of the GoW1 version.

>give me a good fight
Unlikely. And one-on-one, all Satyrs are a joke.

>more moves
Or just make them the GoW1 Satyr in terms of moveset. Take the wall jump grab and uppercut. GoW1's Satyrs had fake-out taunts, evade and grab, wake-up attack, air recovery, non-linear hit strings, etc.

Kratos: >hate them
You just don't know how to fight them properly.

>were the strongest
They aren't nearly as such. They're better than the CoO and GoS cases. Maybe the Satyr Champion. Inferior to the Pandoran/Hades Satyr. It isn't even close.

AI boundary abuse, grab whoring, etc. makes light of them.
Message 15 of 133 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 18, 2013

GodModeGOD wrote:
>give me a good fight
Unlikely. And one-on-one, all Satyrs are a joke.

>more moves
Or just make them the GoW1 Satyr in terms of moveset. Take the wall jump grab and uppercut. GoW1's Satyrs had fake-out taunts, evade and grab, wake-up attack, air recovery, non-linear hit strings, etc.

Well at the part where you are at that passage, before getting to the upper gardens, the satyrs where annoying. At least the first time I played it in chaos.

I agree on making them as Gow1 but with the look of the GowW3 satyr, and keep at least one attack from the GoW3 version, but now there's a new type of satyr, maybe not as agile as the previous version satyrs, but stronger(Captain satyr).

Message 16 of 133 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 18, 2013
@GMG Yeah you are right I had to learn the grappling maneuver to overcome them in Chaos mode in GoW III, they put up a helluva fight though. I never had trouble with the Satyrs in GoW though kinda found them easy compared to the ones in III.
Message 17 of 133 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:
@GMG Yeah you are right I had to learn the grappling maneuver to overcome them in Chaos mode in GoW III, they put up a helluva fight though. I never had trouble with the Satyrs in GoW though kinda found them easy compared to the ones in III.

Use the nemesis whip, just keep pressing triangule, very easy way to kill them.

Message 18 of 133 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 18, 2013
That's funny because that's the weapon I used my beautiful Blades of Exile failed me that day but I still love them with all my heart.
Message 19 of 133 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Jan 19, 2013

I totally disagree. No disrespect at all to you, but it comes nowhere close to GOW3 visually. The colors may be brighter(primarily because it takes place outside more than GOW3 without the sun being covered by rain clouds) but details are lacking as well as Ascension looking softer and not as sharp. I also feel that the characters are lacking creativity....I mean satyrs, krakens,hammer weilding statues? Seen it all before. Graphically at this stage everybody should be like DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMN! when most of what I am reading and hearing is meh. I am buying it because I own all of the games and love the franchise, but this is the first time I have my doubts. I am looking forward to the statue and skins and all, but graphically I hope they step it up. At this point in development though I doubt they can.

To see what I am saying, play the e3 demo of GOW 3  and then play the ascension demo if you have total recall extended edition(disc 2). If you do not have the demo play a video and compare.....the demo of e3 gow3 blows away ascension. The water in Ascension is atrocious, the lighting seems off, and the enemies lack the detail Krats does....and since this is definitley the lasst GOW game we will see on the ps3, it should leave us in awe,not like "That's it?"

Message 20 of 133 (235 Views)
0 Likes