Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Re: Ascension Graphics?

Feb 4, 2013

C'mon Kamir, do not start the whole 180p 720 p thing......we get it . It is upscaled. Anyway no matter what anybody says the graphics still look off. They look good, but I think the culprit is the new light engine. I do think there are some cool ideas in this game, we will have to wait and see. The multi player character being freed by Kratos was a nice touch, but that character looked way out of place when you see Kratos and the hand monster looking at him . Like I said enemies and human always look weird next to Kratos just because of how much detail they put into him. I think the game will be fun, my biggest question I want answered is if ASCENSION implies how he ascends to the point of GOW1 or if they are talking about him ascensing from the chaos he created in 3 and has somehow gone back in time to right some wrongs.....we will not know til the 12th of March.

Message 111 of 133 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Galibis wrote:
thes cuz they not 1080p they 720p so if you force your ps3 to run them at 1080p they will look like **bleep**

I wasn't talking about the game itself.  Any time I run a video in 1080p and put it on full screen it'll be blurry and what not.  But even though it was really blurry the **bleep** looked crazy good...so please don't start the whole resolution battle again... 

Message 112 of 133 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Warriors calm down. Remember, rage is for Kratos. 

Message 113 of 133 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5921 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Removed some off-topic comments.  Please keep posts on topic and respectful.

U--J

PlayStation Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 114 of 133 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Feb 4, 2013

GOW 3 graphics better??? whaaaa.People have to understand that the graphics had to be tweaked so that the mutiplayer could shine. Know one wants to play multiplayer where everyone has dull armor sets and weapons. The vibrant lighting allows the games beauty to stand out and attracts the viewers attention, something that is vital in MP. So although kratos may lack detail it is becasue GOW3 was only a signleplayer game and it was there only focus. I still find in no way GOW3 graphics better then GOWA but everyone has an opinion. I have beta every GOW game and that 30 min gameplay footage sealed it for me. Does kratos character model have more detail in the 3 then ascension? Perhaps but gow3 in also many years later and more detail doesnt mean better graphics.  The combat, lighting, cinamatic boss kills, MUSIC, all seem like a step up from GOW3. 

Message 115 of 133 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Not true gaul, they had two separate teams.....one for single player and one for mp so what you claimed did not happen would not happen. Do not take my word alone, look around other sites forums and you will see that alot of people think that while ascension looks good, it  seems like a step back in SOME visuals. Again everybody has an opinion, and I am sure GOWA will be great. I do not understand why people have a hard time hearing a new game may not be as visually stunning as they want it to be. It is just a game, people need to relax a bit. Again when the 30 minute demo is made available to play I will either eat my words or I will gladly listen to how right I may be. Either way no bother to me and no harm no foul as I realize THIS IS JUST A GAME people.

Message 116 of 133 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I hear you man. We all have our opinons. I still feel ascension visually looks better then gow3 lol. Some people may feel its a step back but from what I seen on the web, the majority thinks the graphics are superior in acension as well.

Message 117 of 133 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Indeed you are correct. I will honestly post a " I truly eat my words" post when I play that demo. What is hard is that the resolutihons that most of these sites show this vid at suck, so until then I will refrain from judgement. The light engine seems alot different which may be why I think it looks so odd....but the character models for the humans(especially in this game the first fury) look bland and should look as good as Kratos...the PS3 can definitley handle the polys. What do you think?
Message 118 of 133 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I find your statments reasonable, although I do think they sacrificed some detail for the greater good. But hey we will see. Either way ascension destroys gow3 you know why? Becasuse it has multiplayer. Greatest idea ever. Watch how it blows up.

Message 119 of 133 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I never paid attention the first time I watched the new single player  footage, but apparantly Ascesnion takes place so far before GOW1 that they used the GOW1 cyclops in Ascension. Take a good hard look at that character model and try telling me the graphics are stellar.......that Cyclops looks like a kid drew it, Hell it even looks like it is wearing eyeliner! Another example of utter laziness on the character designers and modelers, shame on you. So the fury, the manticore, and now the cyclops join the ranks of characters that need to go back to the drawing board.......too bad it is way too late. C'mon SSM.......we deserve better. I hope the next gen GOW has more attention to detail put into it.......maybe it's time to find better modelers . Keep Izzy, in fact you should just use his original concepts because that manticore he drew up the first time totally trumped the one in the game. GodMode I know you are going to chime in along with Mr.720 p I think Ascension i sthe **bleep**, so let's hear it. 

Message 120 of 133 (84 Views)
0 Likes