Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 01 2013
By: angelspawn77 I Only Post Everything 1270 posts

30 mins of gameplay ! Intro SPOILERS!

[ Edited ]
11 replies 397 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJ4A53UziQ

Personally I don't want to see, since it is the first 30 mins of gameplay, but man oh man I am so tempted, I recall back before GOW3 came out there were some leaks of the Poseidon battle, curiosity got the best of me, but I didn't watch it all only snippets. Will probably do the same here. Why would they do this to us!? A 3-5 min epic trailer would have sufficed!

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 1 of 12 (397 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1270 posts

Re: 30 mins of gameplay ! Intro SPOILERS!

Feb 1, 2013

Please insert your thoughts if you saw the video, I didn't want to at first, but curiosity got the best of me. I will write my thoughts below in the spoiler tag, so those who don't want to be spoiled to the video, won't see my post on accident.

Spoiler
First off I want to say that out of all of the GOW games opening gameplay/bosses, this one had to be the weakest imo. GOW1 had the legendary Hydra that is known as one of the most iconic openings to a game ever. GOW2 had the Colossus statue, GOW3 had the epic Poseidon battle. GOW:A has? Not really clear on what the boss was here, I mean I suppose it was those reptile creatures, but seemed to be regular gameplay honestly with some mini bosses thrown inbetween. Perhaps it was because the boss wasn't right in your face withing the first 2-3 mins like in the previous games, this one actually had you do the regular stuff before introducing a big bad guy. It honestly felt to me more like halfway through the game rather than an epic GOW intro to me. Now on to the postitives, I liked the stage, it was great, everything seemed to move and shift while you walked on it, that was really cool. Also it would seem like your bare fists and legs are a weapon in this game, whoever is playing seems to shift from one to the other on fly. Honestly I like that, its pretty cool that you can fight bad guys with your bare hands and I'm actually surprised it took this long to make it into the game. Environment and enemies look great and very detailed.  One last thing, I like how the guts spilled out on the cyclops after you split him open, nice departure from the usual eye rip.
Spoiler

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 2 of 12 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5628 posts

Feb 1, 2013
>don't want to be spoiled
They deserve to be if they even came into the thread.

>weakest
I might have to agree here.

>what the boss was
Hecatoncheir's small arms being mutated by breast monsters from Magaera. Weren't you following along?

>reptile
Bugs.

>mini-bosses
Cyclops makes for one. Not plural. The odd creature was a boss. The infected Hecatoncheir head at the end is the last stage. This strikes me as a copy of GoWIII's opening (along with elements of Scylla from GoS). Lots of GoWIII and GoS in this entry. That's exactly where this will fit quality wise. Inferior to the former, but superior to the latter.

>regular stuff first
The very first act was slapping Mageara. We face some breast bugs while chasing her, deal with some infected prisoners and then the first encounter with the infected arms begins. Later a Cyclops Berserker and another encounter with the 'boss'.

>halfway in
Didn't feel like a start to me either.

>liked the stage
Agreeable.

>acting like unarmed WW is new
Have you note been keeping up at all?

>bad guys
Interesting way to phrase this.

>enemies look great
I'm not sure I agree.

>guts spill
It would be weird if they didn't (Centaur had it).

>nice departure
I'd still rather have the eye rip.

NOTE: Nice double spoiler.
Message 3 of 12 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I love how they threw in the multiplayer character in the prision. Im sure he goes from there straight to MP tuturial.

Message 4 of 12 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Thanks for sharing!
Message 5 of 12 (294 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I like how much of a **bleep** marrie sue kratos is for god sake so right from the start he kick the **bleep** of a fury wow
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 6 of 12 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5628 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Gally: Kratos wasn't always a Sue. GoW1 made him an **bleep** that nobody liked and he lost multiple times in the same game (ultimately failing to get what he wanted).

Having them establish Furies as some major threat beyond what is already noted as stronger than any Titan (though they were pathetic compared to Olympians in GoWIII), Hecatoncheir, and then promptly have Kratos utterly embarass one, make it run from him, etc. ...well that's just terrible.
Message 7 of 12 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Feb 1, 2013

EPIC :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 12 (221 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1270 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Godmode still nitpicking posts I see. I don't want this to turn into the same ordeal as the other thread, so I will not be responding to your cries and will ask that please no one else do either. Please keep it to the video at hand. Thank you.

Message 9 of 12 (215 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

What's the gif limit on this site?  They don't fit or work in the spoiler box.

Spoiler

Message 10 of 12 (187 Views)
0 Likes