Oct 16 2011
By: KimimaroX First Son 7 posts

Wipeout HD, "You are missing a key file to run this game"

5 replies 189 views Edited Oct 16, 2011

When I try and start the game up, it tells me that "You are missing a key file to run this game".

I also looked in my download history but it's not there.. I think there might be an issue with that download since I had grabbed it for free when PSN+ first came out, even though my version now is from the 2 free psn games when PSN went down. The only thing I have in my download history is the Fury add-on.

What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 6 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Re: Wipeout HD, "You are missing a key file to run this game"

Oct 16, 2011

The Wipeout bundle (from the WBP) came with three items that needed to be downloaded. Those three items were the demo (full game, but most of the content is locked), the unlock key (to unlock all content from the demo) and the Fury add-on.

You can easily download the demo free from the PSN Store. The real question is do you still have the unlock key?

There were quite a few people that only downloaded the Fury add-on, believing that they didn't need the others to play the game.

Message 2 of 6 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 16, 2011

I'm aware of all that. When they first offered the games for free, Wipeout offered a single link that prompted for all 3 downloads. I was playing the game fine until a little over a month ago.

This is a problem that others are having as-well. I've searched google but I haven't found a solution for this.

Message 3 of 6 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Oct 16, 2011

Have you tried deleting the Wipeout HD game data through Game Data Utility and starting Wipeout HD again to redownload the updates?

Message 4 of 6 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 17, 2011

I just looked and there's nothing under there for Wipeout.

Message 5 of 6 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 19, 2011

Bump =[

Message 6 of 6 (189 Views)
0 Likes