Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 15 2012
By: PJMagister First Son 8 posts

Poll Please: Sony Manufactured Wireless External Hardrive & Cloud for PlayStation

5 replies 74 views Edited Jul 15, 2012

I would like share this idea via Poll: 

Would you the PS user like Sony to manufacture and sell a Wireless External Hardrive & Cloud for the PlayStation that is compatible with all media formats? 

A) Yes, I would like Sony to manufacture and sell a Wireless External Hardrive & Cloud for the PlayStation that is compatible with all media formats

B) No, I do not want Sony to manufacture and sell a Wireless External Hardrive & Cloud for the PlayStation that is compatible with all media formats.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Poll Please: Sony Manufactured Wireless External Hardrive & Cloud for PlayStation

Jul 15, 2012
A)
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: Poll Please: Sony Manufactured Wireless External Hardrive & Cloud for PlayStation

Jul 15, 2012

Who's going to count the votes?

Wireless HD? Transfer rate between the hard drive and the console would be so slow that it wont be possible to play games or even display pictures on it.

Cloud for PS - There's already one called PS+

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (70 Views)
Fender Bender
3626 posts

Jul 15, 2012

PJMagister wrote:

I would like share this idea via Poll: 

Would you the PS user like Sony to manufacture and sell a Wireless External Hardrive & Cloud for the PlayStation that is compatible with all media formats? 

A) Yes, I would like Sony to manufacture and sell a Wireless External Hardrive & Cloud for the PlayStation that is compatible with all media formats...

Wont happen.

Open source media formats has been Banned from PS3 as there is No regulator for the Containers to provide SCE with the updated libraries.

Sony won't be able to Under cut the Wifi N enabled DLNA NAS Drives that are allready on the market.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (67 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14349 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

GraphiteGB is basically correct.  Sony has no desire to support all media formats in any of its products, and it doesn't really care if a small minority of customers want them to.  Sony's main objective is to sell media, while avoiding facilitating content piracy; and Sony isn't going to support formats that are used mostly for illegal copying, such as .mkv.  Sony has commercial interests in music labels, movie and televisions studios, and media distribution companies.  It wants to invest in ways to sell media content.  Not enable the use of "free" content.

As I posted to your other thread, this is the wrong forum for this content.  In addition to being off-topic (these are not support questions), Sony does not monitor these forums for user requests or feedback on any regular basis; so it is unlikely that your thread will be read by anyone at Sony that can submit your idea to the product team.  These threads are a waste of your time, and ours. If you want Sony to actually consider your suggestions, as well as to have a mechanism for other Playstation users to support it, then the appropriate place for that is the PS Blog Share site (http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/).  Not the forums.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jul 16, 2012
A) Yes, I would like Sony to manufacture and sell a Wireless External Hardrive & Cloud for the PlayStation that is compatible with all media formats
AntoineGatewood@
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (54 Views)
0 Likes