Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 13 2012
By: danritchie44 First Son 2 posts

NFL Sunday Ticket

9 replies 7393 views Edited Jul 13, 2012

How do you sign up for the NFL Sunday ticket with the PS3? I can't find any link that takes me anywhere.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (7,393 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

I would like to know the answer too.  The link to the sunday ticket page redirects to the PSN home page.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/nfl

Will Sunday Ticket be available this season to PS3 owners?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (7,391 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14369 posts

Jul 13, 2012

It's July.  It's not available for the 2012-2013 season yet.  When it is available, it will be in the Media and Apps section of the PS3 Playstation Store.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (7,381 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 13, 2012

I've spoken with both Playstation and Direct TV.  Neither will confirm or deny whether Sunday NFL Ticket will be available through PS3 in 2012.  I had it last year.  Cost $340 and there were a lot of streaming problems first 2 weekends but these were resolved and the rest of season was fine.  There was some finger pointing between the 2 companies as to who was the responsible party for the horrible experience first 2 weeks.  Sony finally refunded the first weekend, $25, but it was Playstation store credit.  My guess is they will offer it again this year, it was popular and made them both money.  The app wasn't available until second week of August in 2011 so I would start checking then.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (7,379 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 14, 2012

Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (7,351 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Ya... They need to announce whether or not it's coming back. Or even a statement saying that they're not sure if it will return or not. At least that way people can set their expectations a little.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (7,270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I agree.  I know it is only July but Comcast and Direct TV are starting to run specials in order to attract us football junkies to sign up for expensive 2 year contracts with premium content that includes Sunday Ticket/NFL Channel.  When I look at the cost of upgrading my basic cable vs. purchasing the NFL ticket, it comes out about the same.  I really liked the package b/c I'm a Bears fan living in Patriots country.

I checked again yesterday and now the Playstation website, when you click on anything for Sunday NFL ticket, redirects back to the homepage.  That has changed in the last couple of weeks, used to take you to last years info.  Which wasn't helpful but encouraging that it may be back.  The response from DirectTV was more encouraging:

Subject --------------------------------------------------------------- Sunday NFL Ticket via PS3
Discussion Thread --------------------------------------------------------------- Response Via Email(Kimberly C (ID 402144)) - 07/08/2012 07:24 AM Dear Mr. Thompson,
Thank you for writing and showing interest in having the 2012 season of NFL SUNDAY TICKET on your PlayStation3. This was very popular last year and we had many subscribers that enjoyed the service because they had acces to live game streams, highlights, and scores and stats from NFL SUNDAY TICKET games, plus Red Zone channel. At this time, information about the season has yet to be released; however, we expect updates will be available closer to the start of the season. Remember, you can always visit DIRECTV.com/playstation or Sony at www.us.playstation.com/support to find answers to commonly asked questions.
Thanks again for writing, Mr. Thompson.

Email Response from Playstation:

Hello Victor,
Thank you for contacting PlayStation® Technical Support. My name is Heather; I will be more than happy to answer your inquiry's about the NFL Sunday Ticket. As of right now we do not have any information as to when or if the NFL Sunday Ticket application will be available for download again this year. I would recommend checking out http://blog.us.playstation.com/ for any updates to the NFL Sunday Ticket.
I would like to thank you for your time and patience in this matter.
Sincerely, Heather D. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (7,195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Hopefully someone who had it last year can answer a question that'll decide whether I bother with this if they do it this year.

Can you watch games that are already over? The main reason I ask is because I close at work so by the time I got home, the most I could see is the last quarter of the sunday night game. If I can watch games even if they're already over, then I would go ahead and look at getting it this year so I can watch the Bears when I get home from work. If not, it just isn't worth the money for one quarter of a game.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (6,028 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Last year no you could not watch the games after they were over this year i am not sure
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (5,824 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 11, 2012

get nfl rewind.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (5,792 Views)
0 Likes