Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 25 2011
By: GodofCats Lombax Warrior 163 posts

How to report a phish attempt that was sent to my email?

1 replies 44 views Edited Mar 25, 2011

Hey all, I recently recieved a suspicious email asking me to sign into my PSN account for some kind of update. I am 99% sure this is a phish scam. I tried reporting the conduct, but with no way to tell what the other party's network ID is, I can't submit it via the form. Could someone let me know the proper way to report this? Thanks.

Ah, I'll rest now, yes? The endless dream calls to me. But before I close my eyes I must know, what will become of my chidren? They were madmen before I found and freed them from the prisons of their own minds. ::sigh:: And with my death, madmen they will be again...
Message 1 of 2 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Re: How to report a phish attempt that was sent to my email?

Mar 25, 2011

1. Learn to use the search function. This has been stated before. If the email you got looks like the one below, then it is not a scam of any sort. It is Sony informing you that the PlayStation Network Terms of Service has changed. The link at the end of the email is to the playstation website that explains the changes, and the part where it says your PSN ID and password are required means that you will have to sign in on your playstation console to "Accept" the new Terms of Service. (You will have to do this the next time you log on after April 1st)

An important message to you from the

PlayStation(R)Network team at Sony  Computer

Entertainment America LLC.

On April 1, 2011, Sony Computer

Entertainment America LLC ("SCEA")

will transfer its online services

operations, including your wallet

and the funds in it, to Sony Network

Entertainment America Inc. ("SNEA").

The first time you sign in to your

Sony Online Services account on or

after April 1, you will be asked to