Aug 02 2012
By: Tite278 Monster Hunter 33 posts

What could make gaming better?

5 replies 289 views Edited Aug 2, 2012

What do you guys want to see the most out of gaming to innovate it. To make it more fun, worth while, and lasting?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Re: What could make gaming better?

Aug 2, 2012
Longer development cycles; less linear games; more original ideas; get rid of DRM and on -disc DLC; stop releasing small, over priced DLC and focus more on expansions.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (288 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Aug 4, 2012

The fans. Yeah that's right, the fans. You, me, them... all of us video game players. 

Not to highjack the intent of this thread but I was just reading the boards of a very popular PC video game franchise and it just floored me what some people post, the things gamers complain about, and the unbelievably jaded gamers that so many have turned into. 

It'd be great if folks stopped worrying about what company is dying, what game didn't sell xxx,xxx,xxx copies, and what the latest FAIL is. How about being an appreciative person that supports the industry that's kept them entertained for years? Instead of rushing to slam the latest game how about finding the good in the multitude of fantastic games that are released on a regular basis.

Yeah, I know I'm asking a lot but you never know. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (278 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7031 posts

Aug 4, 2012
I want studios to stop riding that crap-game CoD gravy train and start becoming creative again. Developers want a piece of the FPS pie and make yet another FPS. Also, I want studios to take their time on their games and not rush them because they know they can patch it later on.

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

The fans. Yeah that's right, the fans. You, me, them... all of us video game players. 

Not to highjack the intent of this thread but I was just reading the boards of a very popular PC video game franchise and it just floored me what some people post, the things gamers complain about, and the unbelievably jaded gamers that so many have turned into. 

It'd be great if folks stopped worrying about what company is dying, what game didn't sell xxx,xxx,xxx copies, and what the latest FAIL is. How about being an appreciative person that supports the industry that's kept them entertained for years? Instead of rushing to slam the latest game how about finding the good in the multitude of fantastic games that are released on a regular basis.

I agree with you. Most gamers nowadays are younglings and don't really remember the days where a studio had to get the game right before sending it out and not patch it upon release; the gamers are spoiled in what they expect in a game.

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (276 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Aug 4, 2012

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:
I want studios to stop riding that crap-game CoD gravy train and start becoming creative again. Developers want a piece of the FPS pie and make yet another FPS. Also, I want studios to take their time on their games and not rush them because they know they can patch it later on.

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

I agree with you. Most gamers nowadays are younglings and don't really remember the days where a studio had to get the game right before sending it out and not patch it upon release; the gamers are spoiled in what they expect in a game.

Totally agree but you have to remember that videogame companies are in the business of making money. When you see the market react the way it did to the Call of Duty franchise it's an almost unavoidable reality that companies will try to emulate that success by releasing a similar product. Just like what happened with the Guitar Hero franchise and all the copycat spin-offs/music genre games. 

Companies trying to make a buck is a given, imo. What I find interesting are the people who continuously complain about how horrible CoD games are,,, the broken online, the unimaginative sequels, the hacking/cheating/glitching, etc... yet they inevitably buy the yearly CoD release... 

Gamers want innovation? Support companies coming out with innovative games. Not the multitude of yearly shooters from the massive studios. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (273 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7031 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

Totally agree but you have to remember that videogame companies are in the business of making money. When you see the market react the way it did to the Call of Duty franchise it's an almost unavoidable reality that companies will try to emulate that success by releasing a similar product. Just like what happened with the Guitar Hero franchise and all the copycat spin-offs/music genre games. 

Companies trying to make a buck is a given, imo. What I find interesting are the people who continuously complain about how horrible CoD games are,,, the broken online, the unimaginative sequels, the hacking/cheating/glitching, etc... yet they inevitably buy the yearly CoD release... 

Gamers want innovation? Support companies coming out with innovative games. Not the multitude of yearly shooters from the massive studios. 

Yeah, I understand that companies are mainly about making money. I think it's alright if maybe 5 other FPS games are made after CoD, but not 50 :smileyindifferent:

I haven't bought a CoD game since CoD4, because that's actually a good game and innovative :smileywink:

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (267 Views)
0 Likes